Ban Cheaters?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Well... Would you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all thanks Rookie for bringing this topic up.
Since my post in the rof vs cnp report still hasnt been
visible and prolly wont be either, ill quote myself here.

Sry Meteor but i have no idea what you are talking about, or how this show your
opinion about the matter. Its often skilled players that get caught cheating in publics.
Of course they dont use it in a Clanwar first. A public test and if it pass undetected
through the cheatprotection... well, not hard to imagine what next step would be.

Fact is you voted Permban for second attempt cheating. You are clanleader of Rof and you
still have m1cro in your clan. That sums it up pretty much where you stand on this topic.

Dont tell me the story that he downloaded and installed the cheat just to
find his m8 in hide-and-seek on a public server. That is about the worst
excuse for cheating i ever heard. He tested a cheat and if it would of
passed undetected through protection, who knows when/where he
would use it again.

If m1cro really is 19 i think he can understand what the conseqences
should be for downloading/installing/activating a cheat. But based on
his lovely and charming attitude, and the fact that he did it a second
time, i would guess he doesnt give a fuck.

A decision was made. You play more than one game and long enough and still play it here and in clanbase and you faced for sure more times cheaters even in public games.

You know me well enough Maber I hope that you should know my standpoint very clear. If you didnt read it yet watch all comments that where made in this thread.

We also voted for the same result in this poll.

And if I get you right you like to see a separate match report Cnp vs Rof in here I post it.

Originally taken from the match comment.

:cNp:: We left @ 3-5 since Billy had 1000-2000 ping and no sub. I was also suprised to see m1cro back already. At Clanbase you get 10 year ban for second time cheating on public server. UTA = 3 months ban, and no cupban. No co-work with admins from other leagues so they can ban the cheater there aswell (like SAleague works with clanbase anticheat team). I cant understand nor support this policy of UTA at all. So i lift my hat and say THX for the fun years. Bye UTA! /Maber

-RoF`: We saw a good game and unfortunately they decided to leave after 4:3 for us. Rof every time played with even teams. In the end when Cnp was under pressure they where muting us./Meteor Whats done to cheaters is to be left with admins. We dont support cheating and we never will, but everyone deserves a new chance./BreenReen &quo t;maber went xr at 5-3. gg"/mi next time I warm up more. once a krai'er always a krai'er/micro stop crying./dirz play capture the flag/qq

Back to this thread.

Micro doesnt need to wait for a 2nd change. Next attempt he gets banned permanent.

If you sum up your own conclusion Maber you need to leave clanbase and every other game in the world right now. You play here in a league that had its attempts from more players like in every other league too.

Every attempt got right a ban. You can say that the time is not enough but you cant say there is less done than in clanbase.

Maybe you can prove that you where outplayed from a player that used forbidden cheats in a clanwar. As long as
you cant say it and it was not detected by other early warn signals the presumption of innocence is over each player.

That a player like Micro was doing an irrational action still makes me very sad personally. In the other hand I am not
responsible for him in a way more than to every other player in the uta.

An attempt on a league linked public server for what ever reason it was done is stupid and unacceptably.

He received a ban that matched the valid ban times it was spoken out immediately. He confessed what he did and can only learn himself out of it. You can try Maber to convince him like every other player does and did with each cheater. The cheater can only stop themself or been banned according to the league rules.

I asked more players in rof and none I asked in that days meant that we need to do more because the from the league spoken ban should be enough punishment already.

As long as you cant prove that you had an unfair game once vs him or others each comment about the not valid outcome of a league game is speculation. You cant play one game without moral issues then.

Last edited:
there are still botter out there, seen one start of may on dog server.
and yes i got a demo

anyway, the last few pages i've read leads nowhere, community cares about cheats, but maybe not about 2/3 guys flamming each other.

XB7 please quote for me that they said it's not gonna apply to past cheaters. I read so far that they doubt it will happen nothing else.

Not saying it hasn't been said just haven't found it

aka Assault BotCup 2007? Hmm .... after IAC?

:lol:

Now seriously.
Let's stick to the topic guys. We're talking about future changes in uta anti-cheat policy which will be changed in FUTURE.
Just like a law i don't think it's a good idea to affect anyone from past. If so .... there are quite few active players who would be banned as well even if they seem to be smart enough and not trying anything stupid for years. I think they got their lesson.

here u are :rolleyes:

The funny thing is that MoD ppl keep defending botters . Wake up dudes they might be your friends but they also used or use cheats!!!!!

Another thing im going to say again is:

One things is USE CHEATS
Another is CAUGHT USING IT!

Im sure there's plenty of ppl that use them ... ( in fact im sure most of us could name some ) but never got caught.

and well the thing im telling is:

Dont just put pressure in ADMINS to change damn rule, lets work out in some protections too cause well lets face it when was the last LeagueAS security update ?? 2 years ago ?? How many new cheats have come out since then ??

I am not a "Mod" guy nor are they particularly my "friends" however you fail to see the reason why people are defending. He didnt use the bot to gain anything so what is your problem? If he used it in a match for a 3rd time I'd recommend a 1 year ban. Simple.

If you sum up your own conclusion Maber you need to leave clanbase and every other game in the world right now. You play here in a league that had its attempts from more players like in every other league too.

Every attempt got right a ban. You can say that the time is not enough but you cant say there is less done than in clanbase.

Why would i leave Clanbase where they actually give out justified bans?
second time caught = 10 year ban on public server/lifetime ban in leaguewar.

I asked more players in rof and none I asked in that days meant that we need to do more because the from the league spoken ban should be enough punishment already.

So you mean if admins would of passed out a 1-day ban for the cheating, it would have been alright for rof?

As long as you cant prove that you had an unfair game once vs him or others each comment about the not valid outcome of a league game is speculation. You cant play one game without moral issues then.

Who is talking about speculations about cheating? I am talking about people who
actuallly do get caught by the cheatprotection, without any consequenses. A useless
3 month ban and they just go play on clanbase instead as raichu pointed out.
If UTA would of pass the cheatlogs to cb anticheat team they would be banned
there aswell, which is the proper thing to do.

Anyways i think everything has been said. I think Squirrels
post summed up all my opinions about this pretty much.

Why would i leave Clanbase where they actually give out justified bans?
second time caught = 10 year ban on public server/lifetime ban in leaguewar.

So you mean if admins would of passed out a 1-day ban for the cheating, it would have been alright for rof?

Who is talking about speculations about cheating? I am talking about people who
actuallly do get caught by the cheatprotection, without any consequenses. A useless
3 month ban and they just go play on clanbase instead as raichu pointed out.
If UTA would of pass the cheatlogs to cb anticheat team they would be banned
there aswell, which is the proper thing to do.

Anyways i think everything has been said. I think Squirrels
post summed up all my opinions about this pretty much.

I did the same.

Your comment about a one day ban is not allowed since it wasnt one day. And I have never seen a player here that received a one day ban for a cheat usage.

If a player creates a new account and isnt detected after that your whole clanbase example is decaying in parts.

To have a link system that works is an idea. But in the last order each league and the there given rules are decisive.

That league rules have been used and you can say it once more the fact wont change.

Last edited:
Or maybe a solution would be for clans to have the option to not play against cheating clans without losing points. As a way of boycotting them.
I could live with that aswell

WTF is this? Are u going insane now?
So Basicly ur saying becoz someone used a bot on a PUBLIC game once in the past. and he NEVER used it during a match, then the entire clan should be punished during matches, regardless if that player actually plays that match or not? I doubt you actually think of the consequences it might have, not just for the clans but for the entire league!

man if heard some fucking crazy ideas here in this thread, but this is really taking the piss.

Rookie piss off right now and shut up, coz you really are going insane on this subject. What on earth are you doing? u need a fucking break out of this thread man. Go take a short holiday and send the bill to skull or something.

Eh, it was really an overnight whim which passed more or less about the same time I was banned from forums last month. There's really nothing appealing about botting at all. I hadcome across a webpage discussing bots in UT from an admin anti-cheat and informative perspective and I guess it sparked my curiosity for knowledge, nothing more. I more or less wanted to A) See how they work from a first-person point of view (got a couple demos from friends of "bots" and wanted to see how easy it would be to tell from a demo based on the first-person experience B) to see more or less how cheat protection works, not for the purposes of circumventing it, but more so I could see how possible it could be for other people who often get accused of botting to bypass cheat protection on a frequent level. Bots are surprisingly customizable and I really don't feel that it would be very easy to detect someone cheating from just a demo unless it's being recorded by the person using it and requires the packages fromt he bot to display it correctly. Even so, hooks would be pretty hard to detect via demo (at least as far as I know, admins always know better) and I really don't know how well "unknown" hooks are able to be detected.

u can put it into a 1000 words smantie ,but u dont fool me ur a cheatin cunt u got x amount of bots in ur ini but dont use em :lol: :moon:

Tbh it's one or the other. For example totally hypothetical.

Clan A wants to keep a known cheater within the clan.
Clan B despises cheaters and the clans that support them.

To make any form of a statement aka not play clan B loses points.
Eventually losing the chance to play in a said division against the fair teams.

As a sollution make it an option. The clans with the cheaters that are caught twice do not have player problems. So i doubt it will matter that much as you can remove the cheaters. Problem solved happy flame filled league but cheat free.

Or you can keep em with the risk of playing 1 match every couple of months. Good way for the community wich you all love can decide for themselves if they are ok with playing against a clan with a player caught twice for cheating.

You are worried by this i don't see why?

WTF is this? Are u going insane now?
So Basicly ur saying becoz someone used a bot on a PUBLIC game once in the past. and he NEVER used it during a match, then the entire clan should be punished during matches, regardless if that player actually plays that match or not? I doubt you actually think of the consequences it might have, not just for the clans but for the entire league!

man if heard some fucking crazy ideas here in this thread, but this is really taking the piss.

Rookie piss off right now and shut up, coz you really are going insane on this subject. What on earth are you doing? u need a fucking break out of this thread man. Go take a short holiday and send the bill to skull or something.

ill pay rookie holiday np he`s a real honest youngman unfortunately drainedbrain ur a cock,still usein ur wave bind :moon:

Tbh it's one or the other. For example totally hypothetical.

Clan A wants to keep a known cheater within the clan.
Clan B despises cheaters and the clans that support them.

To make any form of a statement aka not play clan B loses points.
Eventually losing the chance to play in a said division against the fair teams.

As a sollution make it an option. The clans with the cheaters that are caught twice do not have player problems. So i doubt it will matter that much as you can remove the cheaters. Problem solved happy flame filled league but cheat free.

Or you can keep em with the risk of playing 1 match every couple of months. Good way for the community wich you all love can decide for themselves if they are ok with playing against a clan with a player caught twice for cheating.

You are worried by this i don't see why?

rookie, dont go stupid pls. what ur trying to do is beyong stupidity if u ask me.

i quote again:

"Clan B despises cheaters and the clans that support them.".

just because some has an ex - cheater in there clan doesnt mean the fact there supporting him or cheating.

rookie, dont go stupid pls. what ur trying to do is beyong stupidity if u ask me.

i quote again:

"Clan B despises cheaters and the clans that support them.".

just because some has an ex - cheater in there clan doesnt mean the fact there supporting him or cheating.

well cheater joins clan ,nobody leaves= we support cheaters :moon:

Status
Not open for further replies.