IAC - 5v5 or 6v6?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

IAC - 5v5 or 6v6?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

endgegner

The Saviour of UTA. Worship me as DJ worships sofa
Mar 5, 2006
Boston
Some people want the IAC to be 5v5. Obviously this will make it a bit easier for some countries to field teams, et cetera but it also could provide a challenge in the sense that we aren't used to 5v5 tactics and it will be harder for larger countries to let all their team members play.

Vote here, poll will run for 3 days.

ofc all the countrys with 10000 members will 6v6.

I voted 5v5 then more countrys will get a chance fielding a team.

5v5 IMO would be fine for most of the smaller maps, as long as a team has at least 8 members in it (some as spares or if 1 or 2 can't make it for some reason), thus having as many as 14 or 16 teams playing (based on who has signed on so far). If it's 6v6, then it should have a minimum 10 players. That in turn will be able to field 12 or even 14 teams then.

with 5v5 uk and nl could make 3 teams easily and poland/USA could make 2 (not sure if they will have much more than 15/16 players, which is bad for 1 and for 2 teams if 6v6)

6v6
same reason why I prefer 6v6 pugs

6v6 > 5v5 > 4v4 > 2v2 > 1v1 > 3v3 in terms of fun imo anyway

also, might not be a big factor but for the players who aren't currently playing in the league, like players from cb (are there any?) and players making a comeback to assault after leaving/being inactive (i do believe there are some) If we do this cup to bring people to the league it could be good to make it look like the league as much as possible.

However I do agree with most arguments in favour of 5v5 and hesitated before voting 6v6, I just like 6v6 a bit more so that was my final choice.

Mbe you should have kept poll bit longer than 1 day open, couldnt reach many players in that time :x
Besides I had no time to vote aswell :<

cant understand why ppl like hteml prefer 6v6...ok it is better for some tactics and stuff but you should think about the smaller countries which wouldnt be able to take part in this tournament if it is 6v6....dont be so selfish, you would think the same if americans would only have a small amount of player in this league :)

Mbe you should have kept poll bit longer than 1 day open, couldnt reach many players in that time :x
Besides I had no time to vote aswell :<

We're just trying to get things moving as soon as possible, I didn't vote either but I think it's pretty clear that 5v5 has won, particularly from the fact that the people wishing tor 5v5 are willing and able to articulate their reasons for choosing 5v5 and justify it whereas html was the only one who even attempted to ask for 6v6.

Cup will be played 5v5