NEW - the poll

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

What new ladder(s) should there be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

seas_

Nov 2, 2005
Austria
Ok here we go, we went thru the ideas, now lets do this :D

Lets get 1-2 new Ladders, those are the possible ones:

(only real ladders, no cups)

TDM:
nothing to say, 4v4, with a maximum of players in clan?
good chance to get ppl from outside uta.
also it would motivate some ppl from uta to play more?

AS - reduced players: this shud add variety to the great assault. if alot vote for that we wud hav to decide if its 3v3 4v4 or 5v5 id say. example 4v4: not as spammy as stdAS but more spammy than proAS. more launching than in proAS but not as much tricks as in stdAS. maximum number of players in list (like 7-8 for 4v4) and maybe a rule that only allows 2-3 guys from same stdAS clan in one of those clans.
this wouldnt get any ppl from outside uta.
adds variety to assault.

AS - sniper only: not much to say, no launching, but awesome sniper fights.
this would maybe get some sniper lovers out there to play some assault.
adds variety to assault.

BT: dunno what kind of, but it would be fun for alot i guess.
attract ppl from outside? wud be sumthing different for the uta guys.

thats it id say, other things hav been tried and other things are too weird (dont think jailbreak or that seige wud be any good).

I'm all for you suggesting new ways to 'bring the interest back' but just running the leagues we have now is very time consuming. If a new league were to be tested, some new admins would have to be recruited imo. As for which sort of new league would be best, I'd avoid suggesting things that have been tried in the past (i.e. CTF and 2v2AS). You've also got to remember that you would need some servers as ideally the league server should be kept to league matches only. However, you could use clan servers.

as proto pointed out we would need 2-3 admins? and guys providing a clan-server.

lets get sum more life in here :)

ps: dont vote 3 or 4 of em -__- yell if theres sumth missing that cud be a success.

Last edited:
i voted for TDM and reduced players AS. those 2 are really nice ideas imho so lets try em out?

I voted for as reduced players (2 vs 2 or 4 vs 4 would be great) and Bunny Track, to add fun to competition...

TDM , never really played it and would like to give it a go but cba with clanbase

I think the idea bringing a TDM ladder would be trying to get "sum" of the clans from clanbase to sign up, and bringing new life into uta...

I think the idea bringing a TDM ladder would be trying to get "sum" of the clans from clanbase to sign up, and bringing new life into uta...

and? i cba with the clanbase system not the players.

also it would maybe attract some players to the other leagues like ias , then stdas. but i think TDM could be fun anyway

yer wot xr said.

i cba too with that system there, and i guess alot other ppl from here feel that way and wonna try tdm?

and if we are doing this right we will get ppl from there.

Rocketarena!!!!!! and Instagib TDM!:P
ooh and i vote for sniper AS and TDM sice there arent more options.

Sniper AS would be fun 2... at least... i hope not alot of lame camping

assault reduced players,

1v1

and

4v4 with 2 players max (of a same std clan) on the field at the same time (on the same team ofc). And 5 max (of a same std clan) per 4v4 clan on the playerlist.

sorry to piss on your bonfire once again but

Who are the new admin

what servers are you using

what booking system you using

etc etc etc

I really cant see current admin doing it after all the trouble they went to with iCTF

untill you sort it al out the poll is useless tbh

mush stfu with ur useless comment...

thats all no problem db.
we will find 2 new admins.
there are clanservers.
10 clans per div? normal booking system.

that will be all be figured out easily :P

First off all, We have got enough ASSAULT ladderes FFS, make it a cup once a year if you want other assault stuff, start concentrating on OTHER game types if you want to attract other ppl ...

CTF & TDM ( DM ) are the one you should have put up for a poll

IT IS USSELESS TO HAVE MORE AND MORE ASSAULT LADDERS !!

mush stfu with ur useless comment...

thats all no problem db.
we will find 2 new admins.
there are clanservers.
10 clans per div? normal booking system.

that will be all be figured out easily :P

I'm sorry for being honest, how dare I.

Yeah finding admins is np, but I would like admins that are trustworthy? Don't abuse the system? Don't act like idiots? [no don't worry I won't be applying] Less people are applying for admin positions, going on the major league activity revolving around #utapug, the prospect of asking for a server booked involving 10 minutes of "LOL UR MUM" before getting anywhere doesn't thrill me.

I admire your enthusiasm and its lovely to see, but, were you here when the ictf league started?

Last edited:

we thought that might happen with the CB iCTF ladder player if i remember rightly....

mush thats the complaining that is helping nobody okay. now ur moaning about admin(s) i mean WTF?!

If enough interest i'm sure something can get worked out. Server and or Admin wise. Best to poll interest before recruiting admins / servers.

I wouldn't mind seeing reduced player Assault. None of this limiting amount of players from the same clan shite though. Also this would allow for more teams and ofcourse the smaller clans on the brink of death to continue playing.