New New New

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Seige is an EXTREMELY popular mod in some circles. They have some really dedicated players. I discovered it this summer. It's interesting - It's a CTF mod like BT is, but it's also "Assault the base" style - you build up a base and each team tries to destroy the other's base. I'll see if I can get someone to come over here and explain it.

Seige is an EXTREMELY popular mod in some circles. They have some really dedicated players. I discovered it this summer. It's interesting - It's a CTF mod like BT is, but it's also "Assault the base" style - you build up a base and each team tries to destroy the other's base. I'll see if I can get someone to come over here and explain it.

got download link?

These have been mentioned before:

BT
BT in Assault (needs new maps though, however the layouts are there)
CTF - zzzzz
AS - Reduced players
iCTF - already failed
TDM - I'd be up for this
Regular cups

Imo, if you were going to make another ladder for reduced AS teams like 4v4 then I'd seriously consider limiting amount of players to each clan to say 8, this would generate lots more teams. If team numbers were whatever they wanted then I can only see a replica of stdAS div1 and 2 and maybe 3. Just boring imo

BT or BT-AS for me tbh!

yer exactly torp, maximum of like 8. and maybe a rule that only allows 2-3 guys from one STDAS clan in those clans?

bt would only attract a small number of people, and after 2 months only the people who have been playing for years would still be there.

half the teams in uta dont turn up with full teams now, if they show up at all, ictf was insanely popular, everyone wanted it and thought it would work, it didnt, good luck trying to make something only a minority care about work.

Ok i have an idia to maybe change the ias ladder to an open competative challanged based league with 7 maps rather than the usual 14 ZZzzzz.
I know die hard ias players wont like this but i like the 1.5 hour max wars ie:pugs :D rather than maybe playing till 12.00 when i should be ZZz cause i old init :P

open challange could mean play as mutch as you like and the more active clans will climb quick :D maybe this could reduce admin as there is no shedual, you cant refuse a challage from any clan.

well a little idia nothing more. and 7 maps an example could be 9.

What about a PUG Challenge ladder? Set up for 4v4 or 5v5 clans where they can challenge up to 2 or 3 wars per month, any clan they want.

Ok i have an idia to maybe change the ias ladder to an open competative challanged based league with 7 maps rather than the usual 14 ZZzzzz.
I know die hard ias players wont like this but i like the 1.5 hour max wars ie:pugs :D rather than maybe playing till 12.00 when i should be ZZz cause i old init :P

open challange could mean play as mutch as you like and the more active clans will climb quick :D maybe this could reduce admin as there is no shedual, you cant refuse a challage from any clan.

well a little idia nothing more. and 7 maps an example could be 9.

why remove ias? if anything remove pro theres less clans in pro than ias

but yes its a good idea

It not about removeing it xr :) just changeing its structure a little and open challenge allows you to play as mutch or as little as you like. And less maps make it more like 1.5 hour war that would make me want to play ias again :D and this system would actualy allow you to play more ias 2 match's a night 3 4 :o 7 days a week open ladder allows this maybe even adding a pug elemant to it......i not sure.

If it works for ias then yeah pro might want to adopt the same thing :D good idia m8

All actions that make the ias league even more attractive than it is already :D
are needed and a good thing. :)

It not about removeing it xr :) just changeing its structure a little and open challenge allows you to play as mutch or as little as you like. And less maps make it more like 1.5 hour war that would make me want to play ias again :D and this system would actualy allow you to play more ias 2 match's a night 3 4 :o 7 days a week open ladder allows this maybe even adding a pug elemant to it......i not sure.

If it works for ias then yeah pro might want to adopt the same thing :D good idia m8

Last edited:

I kinda like this idea :)