Questions about the IAC

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

:lol: I signed up for Switzerland last time, on my own! Had to change as I didnt think my german was good enough to cope with being merged with Austrian team.

Signups, if thats what they are, dont close for another month, I dont see why people have to signup to countries they arent technically valid for at this stage. If after teams have tried to get players and then still have problems it can be decided to merge with other countries or allow special dispensation for people to join those countries that need players, although countries like scotland really shouldnt have that much problem finding 6 people although whether they would have enough that are active would be another matter.
AFAIK Jack and Stu had problems after England teams were picked and how they were being captained which is why they left to another country, might find if it was allowed in the past then would make it harder to enforce now some people will just pick wherever. Admins should just clarify the rules on that matter.

agreeing with that. and thats no problem mym, u wont hear any austrian accent :nono: :)

i know where ur coming from gazz and can see why people would be thinking about it, but in the end its just a bit of fun and it's better with more teams, no? anyway as you say i wouldnt want to get lumped in with the english, they have more than enough already. If scotland cant get a team then ill try get a swiss team to merge with austria and i can play with them as I was born there. COME ON MYM AND LENNY!!

:lol: I signed up for Switzerland last time, on my own! Had to change as I didnt think my german was good enough to cope with being merged with Austrian team.

Signups, if thats what they are, dont close for another month, I dont see why people have to signup to countries they arent technically valid for at this stage. If after teams have tried to get players and then still have problems it can be decided to merge with other countries or allow special dispensation for people to join those countries that need players, although countries like scotland really shouldnt have that much problem finding 6 people although whether they would have enough that are active would be another matter.
AFAIK Jack and Stu had problems after England teams were picked and how they were being captained which is why they left to another country, might find if it was allowed in the past then would make it harder to enforce now some people will just pick wherever. Admins should just clarify the rules on that matter.

These 2 should be cup admins imo :P

Anyway thats all I basically wanted, sensible answers and i can fully understand both points, mym is making a lot of sense and i can understand your pov dunc.

Oh and Bart, thats why i could never be Admin :lol:

I realise im causing some "friction" with saying these things, but frankly the admins will be conveniently turning a blind eye anyway so i guess im wasting my time :P

First things first, there's a difference between causing "friction" politely and being a total asshole about it. You're doing it politely with legit concerns so I don't think anyone minds giving you an audience.

I can assure you I haven't been turning a blind eye to anything, and the only complications which have been pointed out have been due to the fact that I was fed incorrect information as to where people were born. I have already caught a few people trying to break the rules and changed their countries accordingly to conform with the rules.

So far merging teams looks like it may not work. If Norway + Denmark + Finland was grouped into one group they will have no team. This makes it very difficult for me as admin because there is no clear-cut and fair way to try and make it possible to countries have teams. Obviously I'm always open to any suggestions on the issue.

Hello, i know this whole issue is because of me playing for Scotland and ofc alot of people are pissed off. I did yes sign for england in the last cup and yes i did leave to play for scotland my reasons? First off the whole england camp was a complete joke (and i dont think i was the only 1 thinking that) it wasnt coz i didnt get in the first team as every1 seems to think that i new i wudnt look at the players that had signed up. But moveing on from that how the rest was organised inactive pppl playing who cudnt give a fuck and eventually leaving the tourny with england in a mess to get the teams sorted (as i remember). So i left it was a complete joke, and seems as half my family is scottish (yes my dads side) i asked to play for them maybe i was wrong and out of order but i didnt want to participate with that squad. The admins at the time allowed it and as its starting again i signed straight for the scotland team as i played for them last year. now if this is causing friction and people not wanting me to play for them then i wont, i will remove myself from the squad and sign up in england camp. o and also all the bs wanting to play with my mates in scotland is a joke aswell. and no need for flames either the silly people that will eventually chat shit.

Hello, i know this whole issue is because of me playing for Scotland and ofc alot of people are pissed off. I did yes sign for england in the last cup and yes i did leave to play for scotland my reasons? First off the whole england camp was a complete joke (and i dont think i was the only 1 thinking that) it wasnt coz i didnt get in the first team as every1 seems to think that i new i wudnt look at the players that had signed up. But moveing on from that how the rest was organised inactive pppl playing who cudnt give a fuck and eventually leaving the tourny with england in a mess to get the teams sorted (as i remember). So i left it was a complete joke, and seems as half my family is scottish (yes my dads side) i asked to play for them maybe i was wrong and out of order but i didnt want to participate with that squad. The admins at the time allowed it and as its starting again i signed straight for the scotland team as i played for them last year. now if this is causing friction and people not wanting me to play for them then i wont, i will remove myself from the squad and sign up in england camp. o and also all the bs wanting to play with my mates in scotland is a joke aswell. and no need for flames either the silly people that will eventually chat shit.

Ye, sorry stu but i guess i need to point a few things out here :P Although this is no flame and i wasnt flaming before, nor was i singling you out, there are others as well.

a) Not sure wot u are refering to with the whole england camp, however the england team i played in, Eng 2 i believe, wasnt inactive and we had a good time playing together, we could have used a few more ppl to help out as well :P. In fact now i think about it, Eng 3 was also active and had a team, it was even quite organised from wot i remeber of the Eng 2 vs Eng 3 match. From the last EAC I heard u had a problem with England 1 and so decided to play for Scotland, why not England 2 then? U say its not because of mates and quality, but i dont believe u, sorry :P Scotland was definately a strong team and prob stronger than Eng 2, theres no way im accepting that didnt appeal to you at the time, it would have me anwyay :P.

b) When rules are in place as they are atm, you should not have the luxury of breaking/bending them just for "your" reasons. :P

c) None of it is a joke, id wanna play with my mates, id also want to play in a good team, but its not all about wot individuals want. Everyone here already realises that and just havnt mentioned anything, till now :P. Tbh if you playing for Scotland means that they have a team then i think its prob a good idea, but i still think the rules should be clarified to reflect this. At least then some other teams can recruit a few players to make up their squads as well, more teams = better cup imo.

Im gonna leave it now anyway, i think my position is clear. Again im not flaming but im not gonna shy away from contensious points just to keep ppl happy either.

This is the prime reason i didnt bother with eac 2006, In the 2005 cup there was teams who just about had enough players for there team, Portugal/Spain, Norway/Finland, Austria, Poland, Denmark etc I remember Germany just managed to pull out a 3rd team cause some of the AAK guys coming back to play. 2 years later these teams have almost certainly lost most of there players and wont be able to make a team. Which means the cup is going to be really small and i really dont think there will be enough players/teams to make a second bracket as there was in 2005, which IMO was the main reason it was fun, else its just England vs Netherlands vs Germany vs Sweden

I don't think anyone is going to disagree with Gazzy's point. Unfortunately Morph wasn't the only person to play for a different team last cup either who would like to play for their old team. If there is a problem like this with the other people who have talked to me, they can PM me and the admin staff and I will make the final decision. Obviously in Morph's case he wouldn't be allowed to have a say in what goes on.

A lot of people have been coming to me asking if they can play for a different team though and I'm of a mind to bend the rules a bit and say that if your country has more than 10 players and consents and the country you'd be playing for consents then it shouldn't be a problem, as long as the player has ties to that country such as family living there or strong heritage. I think that's fair for the most part.

Believe it or not but I dont flame all the time ;)

I remember very well the scenario in 2005. Not meaning to sound cruel here but overall it was a vote on who should be captain of team 2 and there were 3 nominees. Dragon, Mush, Morph. Dragon won the vote, morph didnt like it. Morph vs Mush for team 3. Morph dropped out of vote half way through as he knew that Mush was likely to win the vote and then headed to Scotland..

Anyway all that aside (as I dont really care about that) my point is I will play for England but I'd like to help out a mixed nation if possible. If this wasnt possible then I thought well it seems that its only ok for a select few to do it (like morph) because he has position of admin. If this isnt the case then fair enough. I really dont have a problem any1 playing for a country if they want to help out :).

The only query I have with this is there is going to be so much difference between team 1 and team 3 this year and I dont think it will be fun for the lesser teams as it was in 2005. And with the supposed CTF players joining, well they will all just get left at the end for picking and make their own team up where no one gets taught anything. Thus the cup and assault becoming even more of a joke to other mods than it is already. :)

Rant Over.

gazz beleive ehat u want m8 :P and yes the Dragon for captain thing got to me, why an inactive player for 2years that didnt even take part in the cup itself 9resigned) be captain it was a joke i really couldnt care less if i was or not, just the stupidity of what happened, and cmmon gazz england had alot of inactive people and b4 the cup started i beleive mush scrapped a fair few peopel to make an eng3, thats the only reason we had 3 teams, sorry mush and torp did it. Like i said i pld for scotland last year and signed for them again, if people are not happy with that then contact OTHER admin staff and i will get removed i have no say in it. Then i sign for england?or u not let me plkay at all? :P and scotland team stronger??please tell me how??? numbnut, riotz, night (not even an as player),stoned (never pld), foxy inactive..... hehe anyway iv said my peace

Believe it or not but I dont flame all the time ;)

If this wasnt possible then I thought well it seems that its only ok for a select few to do it (like morph) because he has position of admin.

Rant Over.

No not at all, the only reason i signed for scotland like i said m8 was because i pld for them last year regardless of admin status or not... :/ but anyway contact smant, xb, and malice

isn't it an idea to ask if the french from plu9 and the czechs from api would like to co-operate in the cup?

and maybe it's an idea that in every war 1 foreign player can play (a sort of merc) but known with everybody

Teams like austia, danmark, spain can use that very well i guess...

I've asked ~Athena~ from }Plu9{ to sign up to the IAC and asked her to get her clanmates to do so. A couple of them have signed already.

My good m8 Fuler from Api says that the Czechs may sign up to the IAC. I've been working on that. Thanks for the suggestions though and I'll discuss them with the other admins :)