Reviving UTA in 2007

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

well the multi spam of emails to all the uta accoutn was my idea tbh, :P
i think we should try it.

Yes i'd like to see the old clans/players return, i heard 6 months ago that mi5 might come back but i havnt seen anything of that. If a high skilled clan returns i think other skilled players will come back also to, good competition etc. DoG has tried ClanBase zp ictf for the first time and it Sucks, the whole system is shit, we should steal the CB players and get them over here :P

also what brajan is doing => add a picture of advertising to every forum account ( gaming ) you got, i think i could make a difference

Other ladders, we could try but the stupid thing is that only the same members keep playing in those ladders, except for Oz who joined from outside UTA.

well i think it's rather unlikely to get old players back, atleast in a bigger number

i still got some contact with some and they've all moved on to other things and arent interested in this old game anymore

so i guess converting ctf etc. players and finding new players is the only good option really, although i also had the experience that many ctf or dm players regard assault as a rather strange gametype that they do not like for some reason...

maybe i'm just too pessimistic

Of course, everyone would like uta to return to the good old days of 5 divisions, but getting our numbers back up wouldn't be as easy as just spamming a few "join uta.net now!" binds in dog std. I personally remember 3/4 years back trying to get newbies to join a std clan that I led (D&D) and being VERY lucky to just get 2 or 3 people in weeks of asking/spamming binds.

Now, I'm not saying you shouldn't ask, because there are probably newbies who are just waiting for someone to ask em' to join a clan and show em' the ropes. I myself was playing on orange std maps for years whist being semi-interested in playing in the league before I was randomly asked to join a clan.

The point that I'm trying to make (yes, I do have one!) is that we would have to look very far and wide and put in a lot of effort just to find an extra dozen people to join the league and even then, they would need to learn the many aspects of utas, which someone is going to have to teach to em' :hangover:

p.s. we had a 2v2as league for quite a while and i'm just going to say, it didn't work out then, and it won't work out now.

Last edited:
oh btw if i am wrong and if there are enough old players comming back, i got an idea for another cup! the oldschool cup, only players from old dead clans are allowed to enter, those old dead clans are being specially reformed just for that cup

oooh imagine it!

mi5 vs ion

suym vs fjs

luna vs eos

ut lords vs ai

ok ok now that aint never gonna happen, was just a dream

been playing this game far to long one of the core utas players that still plays, along wid woss, zyx, and tbh i cant name any others off top of me head. 8years easily?? Still luv it

np dirky babes, o i 4got mym ok n mbe u,but u dont play no more :P yes i mbored at coll usual thursday!

btw dirk for admin job in EC 2007!

iv tried for ages to get Gazzy bk active but he wont play :/ or if he did only fakje nick on pubs, now that WOULD entertain us again but il hack away at him :P i talk to mael, skull, rooki but there fed up with league and for what happ with idc vs rc to take interest now :( shame really

Well it seems ppl want a EAC again. or maybe sniper ctf? should we maybe make a poll about this?

I do know that guys like Target play in zp sniper CTF clans and I think it would be wise to ask him how much interest there could be from people outside UTA. That might help bring more people to UTA and we could get some CTFers into AS :)

I could try to get some sniper guys to AS, already know few guys who might be interested... but tbh, the sniper guys mostely complain about assrun, backstab, camping, defending flag at base... they even complain if i get monsterkill:x
And AS is mostely camp/backstab to save objectives

Last edited:
that´s only the AS players that play CTF from zime to time :P
rofl, well i often get backstabbed with sniper etc, u dont hear me complain do you:P.. last time i pld sniper ctf, i was in combat with a guy, he couldnt win, ran away from me, i ran after him, headshot... and he called me the noob for shooting in his back :shout:

Target I play there aswell and tbh none are interested as far as I can tell. Some of them entered our ictf league and never got round to arranging anything. Unfortunately Sniper CTF - I cannot see this becoming anything.

2v2 AS or a tdm league now that would be better and something which integrates BT and AS would be interesting as suggested in the past :)

i think it depends on how 2007 turns out like.

If it's uber and not some baws cartoony thing like 2004 I'd be back like a rabbit down a hole.

i dont tihnk 2v2-league will last long...just like last time showed it is interesting for the first 2-3 months...then ppl start to cba scheduling matches for the 2v2's or most ppl arent around to get it arranged...if we make something new it should be a cup again...like 2v2 or 3v3 even...that would be real cool or a 1v1 cup again hehe :D