Battlefield 2142

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

they just fixed 1 thing that makes the game crash in titan mode to desktop :P

playing it since yesterday and the ranking is fooked somehow :P

But anyway I got much fun :P just wiped off 9 ppl in a row with a knife, looool I got the collectorpin for that :D

Attachments

• Collector.JPG
    Collector.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 172
brajan said:
omfg! what a pile of shit! Nice trick fs. First you need to buy a game a then IF you read this piece of paper you will know abou itt. There is no info about spyware BEFORE buying the game! zomg i'm soo pissed now ... and patch ... LOL game isn't even released and already needs fixing :lol: .... just fucking great :(
My fun with this game just gone ... and i payed for this shit .... jezzzz ... no more pre-oders for me .... fuck you EA!

It's hardly Spyware. All it does is check your ip while playing, and display adds ingame depending on your location. i.e if your in the uk you get uk adds, actually makes sense.......

It does not install any other programs or track your surfing habbits.......

EAUK_Protagonist wrote:
The issue of in-game advertising was always going to be unpopular, however it represents the opportunity to fund the teams supporting a title beyond its traditional window.

All advertising, no matter where it is, has a means of being tracked to some extent in order to demonstrate its effectiveness to those who are advertising using the medium. In game advertising is no exception.

The paragraph quoted above is a case of covering all interpretations of how the tracking element of the advertising works for legal reasons.

The fact that your IP, which is anonymous - it does not identify you beyond your ISP - is tracked should come as no surprise. When you use this forum, your IP is tracked in server logs, when you join a game server your IP is tracked in the server logs, this is not some new and sinister method of seeing what you're up to.

The in game advertising system has been put in place in such a way that you will notice no difference in game performance, with all ads in the game having to be approved by the DiCE art director before being allowed into the game. After all it does us no favours in the slightest if the introduction of a technology such as this, or jarring advertising effectively wrecks the game, so it was created in such a way to ensure that the game has no loss in performance, or mood as a result.

Right now there is a great deal of speculation about in game advertising, and a great deal of doom-mongering and speculation about what it does and why it's there, however I suggest reserving judgement in the short term. If you are suspicious, ask players (once the game is released) for their opinions on whether it interferes or not before jumping to conclusions.

EA are not the first games company to introduce in game advertising, and it will become more and more commonplace over time, however we are taking great steps to ensure that it is not intrusive to the game itself.

The official version of ea posted in http://forum.eagames.co.uk

yes, very good, but if we are PAYING for a game then why should we also have to look at adverts? We don't pay for the services google provide so it's fair we have to look at adverts. But in a game we have already paid for? f0 tbh easy way to make money.

back to stats ... is it only my imagination that when i was defending titan i recived 3 uber nice awards but they are not shown in my stats?! Where is it? Bug? This whole stats system seems to be buggy as hell tbh.

Joko said:
yes, very good, but if we are PAYING for a game then why should we also have to look at adverts? We don't pay for the services google provide so it's fair we have to look at adverts. But in a game we have already paid for? f0 tbh easy way to make money.

So you refuse to buy any magazine as they almost always contain adverts ?

Cyclone said:
So you refuse to buy any magazine as they almost always contain adverts ?

I don't buy magazines, no.

[EDIT] And besides that, a magazine is a couple of pounds, the game cost ~£30 .. get tae fuck [/edit]

Anyway who has full version and playing it?
:)

Gimme your nicks :P

After few days of problems with fucking punkbuster i fixed my game and i'm back to the battlefield.
Ffs i love this game :)

Btw. Hank. Check this site: http://www.2142-stats.com

Last edited:
Hank said:
I know m8, sad that you cant get the newest stats atm :))

you're doing fine aswell I see :D

You can't get them from http://bf2142tracker.com/ since it was paused on EA's demends but http://www.2142-stats.com/ still collecting data.

brajan is Offline last Server (06-11-02 01:07): Hardwareschotte.de German

And it's true so it's working. Still a lot of stuff missing there but at least you can see those most important (kills/deaths/pins/medals/Wins/Losses/etc.) things of your career.

Mushroomhead said:
is it easier to get ammo in this than BF2? as i still never worked out how to do that :sofa:

Play as a Support and you'll never run out of ammo :P

Black Ninja said:
you must be spraying bullets all over the place mush
That's a higher skill level aka SprayAndPrey :lol:

The stats are f***ed up again :/

and If I connect to a Server I got the 1st rank -.- so no unlocks avail :/