Steve Irwin

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Very bad Shame - but it has irony to it :(

Your life is pretty influential when the prime minster of your country, says a few nice words when you die anyway!

R.I.P M8y!

Jo said:
As far as I know, there has only ever been one person killed by a stingray and that was in the 1940's or something daft.

The stingray is commonly known as "the pussycat of the sea" so I doubt Irwin saw it as a "dangerous" situation.

yeh but Steve was probably trying to stick his thumb up the sting rays ass to "see what he'll do"

Watched some of his episodes too and actually liked it.
But, in my eyes, he was insane. He took his 1 year old son into a cage full of crocodiles and played with crocs. :nono:

anyway, rip

Gutted! I'm a big fan of Steve Irwin and am really sad at the loss. I loved his shows, they were full of enthusiasm and entertainment, as well as being educational. I don't think he was an idiot at all, he was brought up with animals his whole life and did a sterling job at raising awareness and conservation. If it wasn't for people like Steve Irwin and their efforts the world would be a lot less colourful in more ways than one.

I hope his work is carried on by his wife, Terri, and his two kiddies. :thumb:

At the risk of getting another post removed due to lack of humor in some people, I'll post this anyway:

jaj562.gif

Lex_Mortis said:
At the risk of getting another post removed due to lack of humor in some people, I'll post this anyway:

jaj562.gif

1st this one is well made

2nd I'm sure he is in heaven :)

its not about humour, its about respect. you maybe happy to laugh at someone who died yesturday, and thats your choice, not everyone is and find it offensive.

Mushroomhead said:
its not about humour, its about respect. you maybe happy to laugh at someone who died yesturday, and thats your choice, not everyone is and find it offensive.
Since I'm lazy, I'll just c/p some quotes from /.
I believe they/we do this because it's so much easier to come up with a joke than a serious comment, even for such a great guy as he apparently was (just read it off wikipedia). Furthermore, I think it's healthy to have a good laugh, even in sad occasions such as this.
It's called a "defense mechanism". I was making jokes during 9/11 too, because it helped me deal with it.

It was funny. Dark and morbid, sure. But funny.
Oh come on! If I had his job I would expect people to crack wise if I died the way he did. Yes, he was a good guy, and I feel bad for his family. But look at it this way: this summer my mom was diagnosed with cancer and underwent chemo. To relieve stress my brother and I would tell yo' mama jokes and they would always end up with "oh yeah? well yo' mama has cancer" which got the biggest laughs.
You have to laugh at death, or else you're just going to feel like shit all the time.

And it seems he had quite a twisted sense of humor himself:
My cousin used to work for Steve, and saw him go from a bloody nice guy, to a media-driven egomaniac, and then come to his senses....

He had a wicked sense of humor, and would think nothing of throwing (for example) a harmless snake to you and telling you it was venomous, and then pissing himself laughing when you soiled your pants - that's just the kind of guy he was..

That confirmed it nicely Lex. No respect. At least not in my eyes.

Make a joke about 'yo mama' having cancer if you have to, but if one of my family members has cancer and some fucker makes a joke about it in my presence, I -- a very rational and non-violent guy -- would lose my fucking mind. If you enjoy making jokes about morbid situations then fine; do so and be happy, but keep that shit to yourself and the other people who deal with it in such a way as it is disrespectful to 90% of the other people who 'cared' about Steve Irwin.

There is still a thing called consideration in this world and more and more people seem to be taking a big dump on that word these days.

Edit: btw. I'm not saying you don't give a shit about Steve Irwin, his family or anything related to them, I'm just saying you're being very inconsiderate in my eyes, and probably the eyes of a lot more.

HUEY said:
I guess I'm the only one here who thought he was an idiot???
Nope. I did too. Apparently his so-called zoo in Queensland was a disgrace. Animals in poor condition and filthy. And the silly bastard fucked about with his baby in the croc pen. What a div.

Imo ppl here are over reacting like only forum trolls can.Face it ppl, sure he was entertaining and he didnt deserv his fate or what not. But he was just a guy with no real humanitarian impact afaik, theres been better than him who noone gave a hoot about.Personaly i found his science lacking albait entertaining at first.