Warhammer online

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Felerian

"All wiyht. Rho sritched mg kegtops awound?"
Nov 5, 2002
Is anybody looking forward to this game?

If somebody does not know what it is:
www.warhammeronline.com

Its beeing made by Mythic Entertainment and it will be based on RvR like DAOC.

you exactly hit the point... when this baby is released, all the people that think WoW is shit have the opportunity to play this game :p:

And regarding your question a bit more in detail:
Yes, "Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning" is a MMORPG based on RvR like the marketleading MMORPG "Dark Age of Camelot" also made by Mythic Entertainment.
The Storyline is based on the 25 year old "Warhammer" table-top game from "Games Workshop".

The huge difference will be that you dont have to bring pig-bellys and wolf-pelts to every second NPC and there will be no need to go do meaningless 4-6 hours stupid-arse raiding big bosses shit to be one of the best or get good items...

Might be some fun instead ;)

PS: to all those that think WAR is a copy of WoW... Warhammer exists about 13 years longer than Warcraft and Blizzard used some figures of the table-top game as models for WoW. *cough* orcs *cough* dwarfs *cough*

Last edited:
And i just want to mention that i dont want to make WoW bad here, i play it alot too lately and its fun :D
I just want to give WAR a chance too, to see what suits me better.
Maybe some of you think the same, so go have a look... link is in first post.

Release in 2nd-3rd Quarter of 2007.

Seems 2007 could be a good year :P UT2007, WAR, what else is coming?
Lets hope we dont get disappointed :thumb:

never knew anything about warhammer board game apart from it existed when Dawn of War came out, and this is truely a great strategy game, probably the most 'pro' strategy around imo

well Dawn of War:Winter Assault now , theres some seriously good rts players in this game , a mmorg wouldn't interest me , but maybe it would have a chance to interest others.

Felerian said:
And i just want to mention that i dont want to make WoW bad here, i play it alot too lately and its fun :D
Felerian said:
you exactly hit the point... when this baby is released, all the people that think WoW is shit have the opportunity to play this game
Felerian said:
The huge difference will be that you dont have to bring pig-bellys and wolf-pelts to every second NPC and there will be no need to go do meaningless 4-6 hours stupid-arse raiding big bosses shit to be one of the best or get good items...
Felerian said:
Might be some fun instead
I'm sure I'm just taking stuff out of context here.. aahahahaha :p:

XRated said:
never knew anything about warhammer board game apart from it existed when Dawn of War came out, and this is truely a great strategy game, probably the most 'pro' strategy around imo

well Dawn of War:Winter Assault now , theres some seriously good rts players in this game , a mmorg wouldn't interest me , but maybe it would have a chance to interest others.

check this XR:
http://www.warhammer.com/

check out the awesome paintings :D

Felerian said:
well, i got splitt feelings :p:

:fingers:
Don't worry, I'm not a WoW-hater hater. I quit the game just because of those raids actually. Our guild did about 8-10H of raiding, 5 days per week (6 days right now from what I've heard)
Then in between there's the farming consumables and repairmoney, a bit too much for my taste :)

Edit: Though it must be said that these type of guilds are in every MMORPG, and they'll always continue to have the upper hand in terms of gear and if not that, skill and experience :x

i just found this and thought its pretty funny ^^

Ratboy said:
I could go on and on about why Warhammer is not WoW, but I think it important to stop myself somewhere and here seems a good a place as any. However next time you hear someone comparing Warhammer to WoW, or discussing how Warhammer has “obviously just copied WoW” can you please direct them to this article, or baring any sort of logical response just nod and leave them to continue playing WoW. I’m sure Warhammer Online won’t need the influx of kiddies.

i found a interview and this was pretty good too:

interview said:
Q. For any listeners who don't know much about Warhammer, what do you want to say?

A. We're making the best game out there. Clear your schedule, starting at the end of 2007, from that point forward, for the remainder of your days, this is the only game that you're ever going to need to play.

he even warcraft 1 was stolen from warhammer big time... weird enuff that GW didnt sue em... they usualy do.

what i heard about this game sounds pretty cool... warhammer aint a happy shiny fantasy world!
As warhammer 40k (as in dawn of war) its pretty dark brutal and mercyless

A cool feature i heard about was the indicator for ones chars power...
the higher u are the more ur char will change...

dwarfs got longer bearts the more xp they get... orcs grow larger and larger
chaos mutates more and more etc...

so if u face a maxed out orc he will be like REALY big

A picture can say more than 1000 words, take a look:

a Wolf in WoW (release version):
snow_tracker_wolf.jpg

a Wolf in WAR (pre-alpha version):
first_17.jpg

pwned ^^