england vs port

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, looking exclusively at the use of the language, English is possibly (or probably?) still the most used language. Yes, over 1 Billion people speak Mandarin Chinese, but we don't see any Mandarin ads in the rest of the world, however we do see English advertisements in more or less every country in the world. We use English in world politics and we use it when we go on holidays to some country of which the name of the language itself we cannot pronounce. In the Netherlands, where we have our own language (ya rly!) we are starting to prefer English over our own language in music, television, advertisements and even some universities.

These days, I believe that kids even get taught English at age 4 and up in some schools. Though I do believe that if China grows even more, their language will become more important in daily life, I do not believe that it will ever replace the role of English as a 'world language'.

So yeah... I don't know where I was going with this post, nor do I really understand how a discussion about football lead to some discussion about languages, but I think I made some sense anyway.

XRated said:
i have no problem with portugese people , just the football team that cheats to win i.e RONALDOCOCKFACE

*wink* *wink*

hm lol? did my eye not see mister Crouch pull some defenders dreadlocks to overcome trinidad and tobago?? :lol: :rofl:

Menace said:
So yeah... I don't know where I was going with this post, nor do I really understand how a discussion about football lead to some discussion about languages, but I think I made some sense anyway.

Man, for once I am compelled to agree:thumb:

Besides, everyone knows that ICE HOCKEY is the ONLY proper sport:p:

english is the most commun coz it's probably the world easiest language to learn :o

Natsi said:

First time and probably the last time I agree with a finnish person :p: :D

TuT said:
:rofl:

What about Mandarin? If you don´t know, that´s a chinese dialect spoken by... well what do i know? about 1 billion ppl or something.

Wonder who´s the idiot here.

yeh not most widely used is it idiot ,hence not as popular.

XRated said:
yeh not most widely used is it idiot ,hence not as popular.

You didn´t say most "widely" used but go back and edit it and you might at least get something done properly this evening.

Natsi said:

What about the eurovision song contest. that´s a sport init? :D

ØPÍÛM said:
english is the most commun coz it's probably the world easiest language to learn :o

you must be kiddin right? english is not logical at all. how can i know the diffrence when sombody says which or witch without another word? there lot's of words that are spelled diffrent. And there are more unlogical things in english. we only know things about english because we're involved with the language so much.
If hungarian or finnish (known as a hard languages to learn) was all over the internet, that was prob. the easiest language to learn.

I was gonna stop posting in this thread but after reading all the craps ive just read i have too ... ( sorry gazzy )
so 1st of all :

Dear Xrated Sudeki and rest of 1337 wannabes in this league ( aka gayshu gang ):

You all have told shits before Portugal matchs ... hopefully you all have eated shit after those matchs ...

Lets talk about NL match ... you told Portugal would lose and be owned ... guess what ? Portugal went to Quarters.

After that came england ... coments such as "no deco no portugal" "portugal wont stand 1 min" "portugal will get owned" came out from your dirty mouth ... guess what we have beated the record of penaltys defended by a goalkeeper in a WC final stage.

So i really hope to keep hearing the folowing post's from your mouth...

Ex:
XRated said:
u will get owned by france , england wouldve had a good game with them , end of.

2nd:
Sudeki` said:
i dont hate portugal.. i hate ronaldo.. you and therapy... :D

Well from my point of view you have a iq problem ( serious one ) ... and you hate very ppl who have more iq then you ... ( so you hate more then half world ). Why i say this ? well not hard just read your post's ... and you will probably get it ...

XRated said:
no-one wants to speak portugese , everyone knows english is the best and most popular language in the world kkthxbai ;((

English is popular but not because ENGLAND, its because USA and the popular English is not UK english its US English. WTF is england... you cant even get you kingdom together...
Well ... lets see history facts ( AGAIN ), you can talk portuguese in Europe ( PORTUGAL ), SouthAmerica ( BRASIL ), Africa ( Angola, Cabo Verde, Guinea Bissau, Mozambique and São Tome e Principe) and Asia ( Macau Damão and Goa, Dio, East Timor ). Those are the ones that have PORTUGUES as main language... NOT AS SECOND LANGUAGE! Portugal also conquered Marrocos, Labrador ( canada [ yes we were the ones to find it ] ) and alot more places ... well we made a treat with the pope between Portuguese ppl and Spanish ppl ( The Torduzilhas Treat ) where the pope decided to share the world equaly between PORTUGAL and SPAIN ... that was made cause those were the ppl that had find most of the unknowed world.

Portuguese NUMBER 8
After winning its independence from Spain in the 12th century, Portugal's influence expanded rapidly thanks to famous explorers like Vasco de Gama. Because of their work, the Portuguese speaking contingency reaches 175 million -- the bulk of Portuguese speakers hail from Angola, Brazil, Cape Verde, France, Guinea-Bissau, Mozambique, São Tomé, Prìncipe, and Portugal, of course.

And we dont have a continent like North America speaking PORTUGUESE ...

So well MR XR just learn some history and shut the fuck up ... im proud of my country now and ever.

TuT said:
You´r beeing a bit rude. Not all ppl in the world have the chance to learn english, either because they can´t afford it or that they´r just not beeing taught properly in school. Don´t know if it´s like this in Thera´s case but it´s just useless to even mention it because it´s not going to make him type better and we do understand what he says even though the spelling isn´t very good.

This forum is full of typing "errors".
Maybe we should all complain at eachother for not using punctuation marks or capital letters for example.

Totally agree m8!

XRated said:
English IS the most used language in the world idiot.

Want another history lesson about mandarin ? :lol:

Well just watch PORTUGUESE ppl all over the world making the party when PORTUGAL win ... and i mean all over the world.

Over and out!

Hf! Stay well!

PS: Try to learn Portuguese has better has we speak english ... oh and BTW i talk by myself ... I speak Portuguese Castellano Latin Greek French and English ... im currently learning German.

Last edited:
Guzzy said:
English is popular but not because ENGLAND, its because USA and the popular English is not UK english its US English. WTF is england... you cant even get you kingdom together...

Sorry, but dont apologise to me and then speak about my country like that :rolleyes:

Most of your post makes sense and i have absolutely no problem with portugal, and with ppl speaking wotever language they want, but you and your portu mates in here seem to have a real problem with England :lol:

Wots this about the USA? :lol: how 'old' is the USA and how old is England/Britain/UK?, where u think the US "developed" English from? English is UK English, simple as that, not wot the US has made it, not our fault if you get taught the wrong 'version' :P

WTF is England? Thats like me saying WTF is Portugal, right? you should know by now, we have been around a long time as well you know! Also, wot do u mean by "get your Kingdom together" exactly? That doesnt even make sense, England is a part of the UK.

You have taken this way beyond football and decided to go on some silly crusade about England, i dont give a fuck wot XR says, hes wrong for the most part imo. Just because one or 2 ppl express an oppinion on portugal and/or its football team does not justify sweeping, uneducated statements such as "WTF is England".

Im proud of my country as well and im proud to be English, problem? :)

Last edited:
TuT said:
Gareth, you should be in bed by now :)

Yeah i know m8!

Well, im not starting work until 10:30 tmw so its not too bad ;)

I really shouldnt bother replying in these stupid threads, but i cant help myself, its a weakness ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.