Lordi

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Don't get me started on that contest lol. The finish, swedish and romanian were the only entries that even deserved winning, the rest was 500 pounds botox and 2000 pounds silicone. Missed the greek one, because after the UK entry I had to throw up :x And the turkish b******* with the worst possible song (stupid accent: "let's build a rhythm tonight!") and singer now travel from Germany to all our neighbour countries to vote from there aswell...
and the rigged votes from a country with 60 people count as much as the votes from a country with 50 million people. That whole thing is a joke, not even alcohol can make me watch that again.

I think it's either time to get rid of the eurovision songcontest or get back to a jury system instead of televoting

BRaiNRaiN said:
I think it's either time to get rid of the eurovision songcontest or get back to a jury system instead of televoting

Are you kidding?
So you mean that a jury containing "some very strictly chosen persons" should decide instead of letting the majority of europes ppl decide? That would be like going from democracy to dictatorship.

Anyway, best performance won, GG! :)

bartio said:
someone rly watches 3 hours of pure boredom? lol

Rather that than watching bob sleigh for 3 hours which is the only thing your country is good at :p:

TuT said:
Are you kidding?
So you mean that a jury containing "some very strictly chosen persons" should decide instead of letting the majority of europes ppl decide? That would be like going from democracy to dictatorship.

Anyway, best performance won, GG! :)
I'm not kidding! whatcha think of the fact that alot of countries always give their neighbouring country alot of points, like in the case of cyprus who gives greece 12 points etc etc. And countries like germany, netherlands and belgium who give turkey alot of points because the majority of the voters is actually turkish?

nah this way the best cant possibly win.

I mean, look at the belgian contestant, Kate Ryan. She's a professional singer and had one of the most catchy and best songs in the eurovision, but she didnt get through the semi finals.

Last edited:
TuT said:
Are you kidding?

So when you get 12 points from a country where only 100 people voted that's the majority? Nice thinking, not. :rolleyes:

TuT said:
Are you kidding?
He's saying that professional, reasonably objective people who know what the fuck they're talking about should vote, not a bunch of idiots voting for whatever country they like best for their political/social standpoints or whatever artist looked most pretty/unusual/shit.

Besides... who gives a toss about 'democracy' in a damn contest; the voting system is just there to make stupid people waste money so the people who created the show can roll around in it, not to give people a nice choice. It's marketing decision.

The Eurovision Song Contest is utter fucking garbage.

I didn't watch it, I haven't heard any of the songs, and I don't need to: I only have to LOOK at a picture of the UK's entrant and read that he's a rapper to know that it was the biggest piece of shit going - and the fact that it came in the mid-range of points says enough to me.

It's sad yet funny to watch the same countries give eachother the highest scores year after year. There are better bands/groups/performers available from almost every country that participates - but ofcourse, few (if any) decent bands would agree to be a part of such a farce.

Menace said:
He's saying that professional, reasonably objective people who know what the fuck they're talking about should vote, not a bunch of idiots voting for whatever country they like best for their political/social standpoints or whatever artist looked most pretty/unusual/shit.

Besides... who gives a toss about 'democracy' in a damn contest; the voting system is just there to make stupid people waste money so the people who created the show can roll around in it, not to give people a nice choice. It's marketing decision.

Professional reasonably objective ppl? :rofl:
You mean ppl that only like a certain kind of music or performance. I´m sure that would be so much better, not.

And even though some countries vote for eachother it´s still like a drop in the sea (Besides that, Finland has kinda never in the history of the eurovision song contest got a 12 from any neighbour country, not even close). The neighbour countries votes are never enough to win, not even close and if Lordi´s performance wasn´t good enough ppl wouldn´t have voted for them anyway. Simple as that.

@ Brain
About Kate Ryan, that´s your and some others opinnion but obviously not the majority. If she was ood enough she would have been there competing yesterday as well.

@ Ice
Usless comment you made which i would normally ignore to answer because you don´t have any constructive to say but there is just no country that only does 100 votes.

:lol: people take it too seriously, why dont you treat Eurovision as it is meant to be treated, as a laugh, as a bunch of countries making fools of themselves rather than a serious song competition, maybe in the past it had some credibility but all thats gone now.
I quite happily watched eurovision last night with my brother and a few beers, admittedly the songs were nearly all useless but at least we had a laugh at the performances, the pathetic voting of all the countries and the ridiculous lyrics of some songs, I mean

Every night I need my Loca
Every night I need her boca
Every night I need my Loco
Need him crazy just un poco
Hey, Loca, give me, give me your boca
You’re my girl, you’re my Loca

How can you not laugh at how stupid that is :rofl:

Best bit of Eurovision is Wogan taking the piss out of everything (long time BBC commentator for the euros), hopefully they dont change anything, as it gets worse it gets funnier :D