Prejudgement in UTA?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfie

Feb 26, 2006
(...)
We don't have any power there since it's McNeil's server and channels afaik.
Imho it's not our problem.

I didnt think anyone would get banned usually unless it was in public UTA irc channels, league server/match or involved an admin.
Surely this case would be down to Mc and however he wants to deal with it as it was his server.

This thread is not aimed to cause a flamewar but to discuss what I consider an important matter in a mature way. Please don't post if you came here to insult. All I want is a reasoned answer as racism is an issue that concerns me specially. So please clarify the following point to me.

According to the quote above, if an admin gets racist remarks in a public UT server or any other resource even outside UTA's jurisdiction, action can be taken. But if it was a common member then there is nothing they can do because "It's not their problem" ?

This is how the community deals with racism?
How unfortunate words, whoever they come from. Just as unfortunate as it was quoting them in a public forum.

Looking at certain comments made it's painfully obvious that the reputation of the persons involved in this argument is playing a big role in the admins decision, which is, again, very unfortunate.

Maybe, only maybe, I got it wrong. I wish this was the case and you could come to me with a logical explanation as to why admins are protected anywhere from such a serious threat for our society like any racism germ represents, however the rest of the community members are not, even if it happened in a well known meeting place with many witnesses. The lack of "powers" is clearly an excuse made up to justify a decision based in individual reputation.

Please explain to me how having admin rights on a server affects your ability to read what is being said.

Thanks.

system is borked in many ways, you won't get any reasonable point acknowledged unless your bumming the right people, so don't try!

just like real life :takeit:

Alfie said:
This thread is not aimed to cause a flamewar but to discuss what I consider an important matter in a mature way. Please don't post if you came here to insult. All I want is a reasoned answer as racism is an issue that concerns me specially. So please clarify the following point to me.

According to the quote above, if an admin gets racist remarks in a public UT server or any other resource even outside UTA's jurisdiction, action can be taken. But if it was a common member then there is nothing they can do because "It's not their problem" ?

This is how the community deals with racism?
How unfortunate words, whoever they come from. Just as unfortunate as it was quoting them in a public forum.

Looking at certain comments made it's painfully obvious that the reputation of the persons involved in this argument is playing a big role in the admins decision, which is, again, very unfortunate.

Maybe, only maybe, I got it wrong. I wish this was the case and you could come to me with a logical explanation as to why admins are protected anywhere from such a serious threat for our society like any racism germ represents, however the rest of the community members are not, even if it happened in a well known meeting place with many witnesses. The lack of "powers" is clearly an excuse made up to justify a decision based in individual reputation.

Please explain to me how having admin rights on a server affects your ability to read what is being said.

Thanks.

Chit Chat Forum (13 Viewing)
NON-Serious Discussions. Any SPAM goes here ONLY!

PUT IT IN MY TWAT, THANK YOU PLEASE

(seriously, if you have an issue, vent it where appropriate, ta)

Status
Not open for further replies.