Best movies of 2005!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Well for me one of the best movies its Around the Bend, its of 2004 but i saw it on 2005.Amazing film.
Another one could be Old boy another 2003 movie but as its from korea it has been only ava this year on spain.
Charlie and chocolate factory its another great movie as almost all films from burton.
From gore/terror scene i would say Land of the dead an extremely good gore movie from george romero.
Im a fan of sin city comics so i have to say Sin city.
Saw 2 its another great movie.

But without any doubt i would choose around the bend as its (for me) a r good film in all in aspects , great script,great actors and great direction.
Well there are another great movies that ive seen but i cant remember all.

havent been much too the cinema lately ( read this year) ...

i enjoyed hooligans, sincity, war of the worlds, mr & mrs smith, star wars .. think i forgot a few but cant remind em atm :)

imho Sin City is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overrated! when u look through the special effects, which arent even that original, the movie is 40 mins of quality and 80 mins of pure boredom! The start was class though

Ive also seen better acting from Bruce Willis.

:calm:

Well i have read most of sin city comics and for me the movie is so special cos its like comics.Even most of text of the movie is the same as the comic.And even some angles of the camera are the same.So for fanataics of the comic like me sin city the movie its the same as u were reading the comic.
When u read book or somth like that u are all the time recreating all scenes and voices of the book, so now i have seen all those things that were on my mind in a movie.
Thats why its so special for me

Havent seen many this year but Star Wars Ep. III, Batman Begins, The Island, Mr. and Mrs. Smith and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire were good movies.
Biggest disappointment was definitely Narnia.

Last edited:
Probably Batman Begins, it was great!

I enjoyed Mr & Mrs Smith a huge amount too

Serenity (minus the bit I dont like) was fab.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory had just the right amount of mentalness from Jonny Depp

And, well, just coz I watched them again last week Aliens and Predator are two great film, OK, so they aint exactly new but they are uber :)

Mughi said:
I enjoyed Mr & Mrs Smith a huge amount too

OMG I've just lost all respect for you...that was the crappiest film I've ever seen! Just endless shooting and crap acting with no plot.

I'm disappointed Mughi! :(

I think there was more to it than that foxy, a more hidden message and another way of portraying married life and secrets relationships hold.

well done basdo i forgot to mention, The Island was the best film of the year imo, not much else go close to it imo, Mr and MRs Smith was entertaining but not a "great" movie.

just made a sum up for myself of the popular movies around here, but what i see is that theyre mainly all big hollywood spectacle movies. Why watch that, while there is so much more?

No really great films last year imho
A few good movies and some that should have been good but I found annoying

I thought the Island could have been a good film but I got annoyed with the product placement, the film just felt like a huge commercial break.

yep the island was really potential but i didn't enjoy it as much as i could have cause of the reasons rich mentioned.
going to see saw2 saturday, it's any good in your opinions?

its less good as part one.. dont really have more to say about it :P

Just saw Batman Begins and oh my god, what a piece of crap. Has the level of films sunk so dramatically that we actually like films like this these days? Jeez :bawling:

Gonna watch some of the others mentioned here soon... xept predator :moon2:

foxy said:
OMG I've just lost all respect for you...that was the crappiest film I've ever seen! Just endless shooting and crap acting with no plot.

I'm disappointed Mughi! :(

I am touched that you had any respect for me at all :p

Whilst I enjoy plot-filled films, to quote from Warcraft 2 "ah luv blowin hings up". Suspension of disbelief and just sitting back and letting a film do it thang in front of you with no need for a huge story line is fun every now and again - as long as it has good quips and lots of action. I mean I tried "Dude Wheres My Car" and turned it off after 10 minutes. Worst. Film. Ever.

Besides, it had Angelina Jolie in it! To quote Red v Blue "Does anyone else like Angelina Jolie, shes got enormous lips"

llammalover said:
Gonna watch some of the others mentioned here soon... xept predator

Watch it damn you!
Watch it watch it watch it.

Things such as "Ah dont have time to bleed" and "Ol painless is waitin" and well, almost anything Jesse Ventura has to say will be lost on you.

Llamma lover :p