Massive explosions hit fuel depot [UK]

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

BBC website has a image of the smoke from space:

1.jpg

And Paa' did you consider the fact that North London is extreemly built up and a noisy place to live? Ok the coast of Holland is a long way away and I have my doubts... But to say no way is a little bit presumptious.

Paa` said:
There's no way it could be heard in holland i live in north london (less than 20 miles from hemel hempstead) and did'nt hear a thing, i did however see the smoke from my bedroom. Heard aswell that the smoke cloud could be seen from outerspace quite amazing..
Actually.. me mom was awake at 6 GMT (7 here) and she did hear some loud bang.. if this was it I dont know, could be a muffler on a car or fireworks..

Lex_Mortis said:
Actually.. me mom was awake at 6 GMT (7 here) and she did hear some loud bang.. if this was it I dont know, could be a muffler on a car or fireworks..

i'd go for the last option :p:

from buncefield over anglesea to holland is all flat so nothing to get in the way of sound the dutch are far more likly to have heard it than folk 100 miles north in the UK

Yes but im less than 20 miles from the explosion holland is at least 100 miles so if i (or anyone living in my area) cant hear it 20 miles away i doubt someone can 100+ miles away.

i live in north germany and it woke me up, i thought it's the end of the world but oh sadly it was only a shitty fireworks blowup.

you know paa, if some idiot says it can be heard 100 miles away, then some idiot living 100 miles away will claim that he heard it :P