Massive explosions hit fuel depot [UK]

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Player-63

Mar 14, 2003
United Kingdom
Large explosions have rocked a fuel depot near Hemel Hempstead in Hertfordshire shooting flames hundreds of feet into the sky.

Police say there are 39 casualties, with two people seriously injured. The first blast happened at 0603 GMT at the Buncefield fuel depot, close to junction 8 of the M1 motorway and was heard as far away as the Netherlands.

2.jpg

3.jpg

[ More ]

Last edited:
sobo said:
??? And 39 dead !! omg sad sad thing to happen.
43 Injured only two of them seriously. No one was killed in the blast which is just amazing!!

I live about 15miles from there and although I didnt hear it the neighbours have said it woke them up, they thought it was an earthquake :lol:

The horizon today has had a huge cloud of black smoke across it, must be bad for those living in the immediate vicinity :(

just been to my mates and his mum said there neighbours heard it, not sure how realistic that is, i woke up around 6 but dont remember a bang

There's no way it could be heard in holland i live in north london (less than 20 miles from hemel hempstead) and did'nt hear a thing, i did however see the smoke from my bedroom. Heard aswell that the smoke cloud could be seen from outerspace quite amazing..

Reactions: yako