speech recognition for games

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Nanko

Serial Suicider
May 6, 2002
Netherlands
I found this little gem of software which lets you make ingame commands using your microphone.

It's called Game commander and it works pretty well in Unreal. Its pretty fun yelling sniper rifle and rocket launcher to swap weapons.
You can download a trial version here

The trial however is severely limited "wink, wink", you can only use 5 commands per game.

weeeee a program to fuck up all ventrilo sessions during wars :stompa:. Bet it's fun when 6 peeps screaming weapon names :rolleyes:.

Menace: "SNIPER RIFLE"
Menace switches to Pulse Rifle
Menace: "SNIPER RIFLE DAMNIT"
Menace switches to impact hammer
Menace gets owned
Menace: "FUCK THIS"

:p:

dlm said:
weeeee a program to fuck up all ventrilo sessions during wars :stompa:. Bet it's fun when 6 peeps screaming weapon names :rolleyes:.
How about gettin push to talk ffs :E

well offcourse its gonna be quicker to use your keyboard, especially in a fast game like UT..

But its quite usable for other games, or when you don't have enough buttons on your gamepad.

Menace said:
Menace: "SNIPER RIFLE"
Menace switches to Pulse Rifle
Menace: "SNIPER RIFLE DAMNIT"
Menace gets owned
Menace: "FUCK THIS"

:p:

You can train the commands with your own voice, Then you have to say the command three times.

Once i did that it switched right every time

Pete said:
How about gettin push to talk ffs :E
well you was an adc member (for a short periode of time) too, so you should know that they never push to talk ;)

th@_B0$$ said:
i knew about this when i started UT actually :P quite funny
this thingie was somewhere on my UT extra's cd or whatever its called

Do you still have it? I'd like to have an older version for uhh experimental purposes...

NANKO: FINALLY, A NON-TRIAL VERSION
Nanko has left the game : pc crash :o

tbh sounds really cool but this seems like something that could potentially fuck up ur voice coms and ur pc altogether :\:lol:

It's pretty useless for fast paced gaming like UT, still funny though.

I've tried several other programs but game commander is the only one where you can say a phrase 3 times and then it will always work.

I've also played with a program called: realize voice

This works well with windows comands and stuff with commands like: open my computer, or, start Photoshop.
This program however you have to "train", meaning you have to read text so the program can read your voice better. Very boring to do and some commands still fail after that.

It has some cool options tho. You can ask what's the time? and it replies the time (with that gay ventrilo voice)

Well I could imagine such a program had some potential for "coverup" when someone bursts into ones room at a unlucky time..