WoW Addict.

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Debuff limit doesnt become a large problem until the huge instances like MC.
You're not using all of your DOTs in instances anyway, Curse of Shadows / Elements and Corruption for the chance to trigger nightfall is all you need.

I'm Alliance so I woudnt know what Horde has for wipe protection.

And yes, of course you try to get a balanced group for a raid.
But that doesnt make any of the classes weaker.

2 warlocks in 15 man raid, yes pls :)
if they use their fire / frost debuff and shadow / arcane debuff everybody does more dmg :)
problem seems to be the warlocks who cower in the corner and only wand a bit

well pld warlocks are welcome in any raid group
that said, so are paladins of which there are so many but soooooo many bad paladins

just a sidenote:
in mc or onyxia ppl never seem to take more than 3 - 4 warlocks
they are really needed but not in large ammounts

Apoc said:
Read that agin, and you see my point.
Read your initial post again and you see why we had this unnecessary discussion =p

Yes PP, Warlocks arent very common in many MC raids.. but I personally like it x]
Less competition \o/

There are only a few fights like Garr or Raggy where you need more than 4 warlocks for banishing.
But then again... my guild always tries to go with a balanced raid where there's not more than 5 of ANY class
5 warriors are enough for tanking, 5 priests / druids are enough for healing, 5 rogues / mages / hynters are enough also.

Last edited:
Last time we killed Garr we had 6 warlocks, was soo easy. P.s warlocks own :p: A fully destruction spec warlock can out damage a frost spec mage, not a fire spec mage, but fire draws so much aggro within instances so whats the point. Most mages either use arcane or frost in instances unless their noob and just lob fireballs about crittin for 1200+ :x

Im a mage ofc, but i think warlocks have a lot of use in any instance. Still i still think best 5-man group is a paladin,priest,rogue,mage,warrior.

Apoc said:
And why are you talking about "best" calls, I was mearly commenting on eRts comment.

..where u said some classes are weaker than others. I just pointed out that any class has something they are best at so its stupid to say classes are weaker/stronger than others just for the fact u cant compare classes that way. U can say a warrior is a better tank than a mage but who cares, they are not made for it.

Apoc said:
ohh, so you bring more than one warlock on a 15 man raid if you have the choice ?

Problem is that there are just 2 healing classes (druid,priest), 1 tank class (warrior), 2 supporting classes for each side (druid, pala/shaman) but 4 DamageDealing classes who have to fight for the last 1-2 spots in a 5 people group

Any of those classes has advantages/disadvantages:
Mage: can produce water, best AoE, Int Buff, sheep, dispell curses <-> cloth, useless when mana runs out
Warlock: soulstone, teleport, minion, healthstones, banish, good AoE, best DoTs <-> cloth, useless when mana runs out
Rogue: highest damage on single mobs, sap, vanish, stealth <-> no AoE, no buffs
Hunter: pet, traps, feign death, best armor of DD <-> sucky AoE, no buffs

(u prolly know that already, just wanted to clarify it)

Think this shows quite clear that any class is useful on a raid. On a 15 people raid I´d use any class, dont really care if there are more mages or more warlocks as long as theres at least 1 of each class.

Stylefish said:
Rogue: highest damage on single mobs.

not real
Mage: Sheep -> Arcane Power -> pyroblast -> PoM Fireball -> Fireblast

I'll think you'll find this is oneof the best damage outputs in the game thanks to short bust dmg, and can possibly outdmg a rogue on a solo target.

just a shame you waste 6 seconds of arcane power casting a pyroblast

i like the PoM ap pyro, fireblast, fireball , CoC, fireblast better finish off with some iae :)

Fatality said:
not real
Mage: Sheep -> Arcane Power -> pyroblast -> PoM Fireball -> Fireblast

I'll think you'll find this is oneof the best damage outputs in the game thanks to short bust dmg, and can possibly outdmg a rogue on a solo target.

3minute cooldown sux tho. They might kill one normal mob faster than a rogue, especially with arcane power tho, I agree.

However, I was refering to instance gaming and with that tactic a rogue will definetely do more damage coz u die after 5secs coz u will get aggro:D
Dont have a 60 rogue or mage so I can just check MC statistics and compare. Mages did even less damage than hunters coz of mana problems:(

ProPain said:
just a shame you waste 6 seconds of arcane power casting a pyroblast

i like the PoM ap pyro, fireblast, fireball , CoC, fireblast better finish off with some iae :)
depends, after the fireblast you gotta start charging, this could be aenuff for a priest to shield, then if your unlucky and if they're close they could fear you

well against a priest yeah but priests are pretty tough as it is anyways.
atm i am a frost mage cus i wanna do some mass pvp
my dmg on single targets has decreased dramatically but against several targets it is insane

as for rogues outdamaging mages, yeah in some cases and in some places (molten core)
A well played and well outfitted mage will quite simply outdmg a rogue though

especially a arcane / fire mage which has insane ammounts of burst dmg, i guess what i am trying to say
a well played rogue can outdmg a mage, a well played mage can outdmg a rogue
It is all possible but just depends on skill and gear