World of Warcraft

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

sneez said:
rogue > all
yes because they're imbalanced, nothing else :crap:

playing rogue is like a tutorial, and when you've learned how to play the game properly you can try another class and perhaps survive.

I don't think they're overpowered, they're supposed to be damage dealers. Give them less damage and they'd be reduced to lock pickers.

Me too, i have yet to loose to a Rogue with my Mage.

And CeCe aint you a Warlock :P Just curse him/keep distance + dmg and then use Fear, and if you use the Succubus you shouldn't have a prob. Drain life could also help ;)
Undead Rogue might fook ya tho :p:

Last edited:
Hector said:
I don't think they're overpowered, they're supposed to be damage dealers. Give them less damage and they'd be reduced to lock pickers.

100% agree with this.
Rogues aren´t even hard to beat in pvp. They´r definetly not overpowered. As soon as they miss killing the victim on their initial attack they quickly "vanish" to avoid getting killed themselves :)

Warlocks are overpowered if played correctly. Check this guy out if you haven´t seen him. Quite awesome: Warlock

Last edited:
the only class i hate to play with my mage is vs shamans fs there sucha bitchs to mages and as for rouges there just soppy easy kill they'll sap u try atk jus use ur mana sheild blink away sheep him pyro fireblast blastwave cone of cold freeze blink fireball fireblast GG works everytime

Fatality said:
Me too, i have yet to loose to a Rougue with my Mage.

And CeCe aint you a Warlock :P Just curse him/keep distance + dmg and then use Fear, and if you use the Succubus you shouldn't have a prob. Drain life could also help ;)
Undead Rougue might fook ya tho :p:
Yes, Mages have excellent abitilies for defence.
You can blink you can sheep you can transform yourself into a nice iceblock(prolly with talents only, havent played a mage till 60)

Don't tell me you dont have to worry about rogues in those big tarren mill raids.
I sometimes DO survive and am able kill them.
But I dont want to have my Succubus out all the time just for her Seduce. I prefer Felhunter or Imp for PvPing.

curse him and keep distance?
How if they are jumping on me and keeping me stunned till my health is < 50 %
And at this point I dont survive long enough to get a fear off. Maybe I'm lucky enough to be able to cast death coil or have a healthstone ready, but with the current shard situation in pvp i use them very conservatively.
Drain Life isnt very helpful either... it breaks way too fast with a rogues fast attack rate (talent only give 70 % resist to interruption on dmg)

Rogues arent dangerous if you can spot them early enough. But thats only 2/10 cases.

@ TuT.. Warlocks overpowered? in PvE perhaps, in PvP certainly not... (if you think they are you might wanna explain in which way, and please dont come up with a tactic that requires one specific talent build and the right pet out)

Last edited:
CeCe i wouldn't know about TM raids my computer can't handle that shit :p:
And Ice Block is only for a frost mage

Insp!re said:
the only class i hate to play with my mage is vs shamans fs there sucha bitchs to mages and as for rouges there just soppy easy kill they'll sap u try atk jus use ur mana sheild blink away sheep him pyro fireblast blastwave cone of cold freeze blink fireball fireblast GG works everytime
I do Sheep then get distance, when i was fully firespecced i used Combustion and used Pyroblast=50% of HP gone, then Fireball and Fireblast, if he was still alive i Frost Nova and use one more Fireball :P ez
With Arcane/Fire i kept the same technique only changing Combustion for PoM

CeCe said:
@ TuT.. Warlocks overpowered? in PvE perhaps, in PvP certainly not... (if you think they are you might wanna explain in which way, and please dont come up with a tactic that requires one specific talent build and the right pet out)

I don´t know anything about warlocks. Just knowing from experience in duels and form what every1 else i play with have experienced + that video. Did you check that video i posted a link for? If not, do it and see for yourself. That warlock takes out 3 guys at the same time (pvp of course). Well, just check it out. Maybe it´s about a specific talent build, i dunno but that guy in the vid knows how to play with a warlock that´s for sure.

The download link to that video didnt work.

Taking 3 guys of your level at the same time isn't really achievable without an insane amount of luck.
Maybe those guys weren't knowing what they were doing.
Also you can't truly base a classes strength on 1on1 duels, cos in duels you always know your enemy, and you can always prepare.
In any real PvP situation you never know that you will be fighting a rogue till he's on you with cheap shot or ambush, and by that time you have already lost 1000+ health as a cloth wearer.

Last edited:
i like cloth wearers :devil:

anyway tarrenmill is easy, im a rogue and can take an lvl 60 mage out easily, im lvl 55 btw, only thing you have to watch outfor @ tarrenmill is paranoia which warlocks can cast on party members. thats all otherwise stun, kcik the shit out of em , stun, coldblood bye bye, vanish thats all

^^ that is why i always try to have felhunter in such raids. (paranoia is a felhunter buff) Much more reliable than Succy

Try the link now CeCe. Seems like they updated it so i edited it right now.

Rogues can easily pwn mages (i am a lvl 60 mage) when they are relatively new to pvp
when you've been ganked a lot by rogues (in SS inn, in SS general store, in SS docks you name it they chased and killed me they must hate me) but now rogues can lick my sack lol

First of all they always go for you when you are resting so

1. always make sure you have about 1000 mana left when resting
2. activate manashield then rest
3. if you feel paranoid take free action potion before you rest
4. if you're an engineer make a stealth detection device (very funny when you hide em in places like the inn, alarms go off and the poor rogues get swarmed with alliance players)
5. for those who are extremely paranoid, activate Presence of mind while resting, if caugh blink, poly do a LOL and fire it up. Afraid he might vanish, cast a flamestrike which sets him running around like a x-mas tree on fire :D

Sure the occasional rogue still gets me, but the days i got ganked by rogues in SS/TM are over

TuT said:
I don´t know anything about warlocks. Just knowing from experience in duels and form what every1 else i play with have experienced + that video. Did you check that video i posted a link for? If not, do it and see for yourself. That warlock takes out 3 guys at the same time (pvp of course). Well, just check it out. Maybe it´s about a specific talent build, i dunno but that guy in the vid knows how to play with a warlock that´s for sure.
Those vids with that lock in action is pre-patch and some changes has been made so he can't own as much anymore though he owns pretty bad :P

Fatality said:
I do Sheep then get distance, when i was fully firespecced i used Combustion and used Pyroblast=50% of HP gone, then Fireball and Fireblast, if he was still alive i Frost Nova and use one more Fireball :P ez
With Arcane/Fire i kept the same technique only changing Combustion for PoM

I'm respeccing to Ice soon, but thats going to cost me 20g fo lol, i choose presence of mind i think its called instead of combustion notice n the latest patch mage "new unique item for mage armour" wow pff, few things i'd like for mage now is passive wand ability instead of wasting 5points making it more powerfull and a few more arcane spells

been in a que for battle grounds for 4 hours now, i'd rather be wiping in molten core on garr for the millionth time :/