New Maps

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

gringo

Dope
Feb 11, 2002
We are actively looking for custom maps for both ONS and AS to add to the standard maplists. Although we won't guarantee the inclusion of any map without testing, you are welcome to make suggestions to an admin or post them here.

Cheers :)

Lone and I may have something to offer you in the form of an as map for April but be warned, this project (our furthest on) seems to be a bug magnet, we origionally projected a release back in Febuary :/.

Some Good AS Maps

(Assault Maps)

as-frigate2k4finale_1.jpg

AS-Frigate2k4Finale

Shot3y.jpg

AS-Shipjack

faster-than-death_ii_0.jpg

AS-Faster-than-Death II

as-acatana_1.jpg

AS-Acatana

as-outback_0.jpg

AS-Outback

Note: Some maps may need editin for League Ues :thumb:

Reactions: Konnan
»Player~63« said:
(Assault Maps)

as-frigate2k4finale_1.jpg

AS-Frigate2k4Finale

Crap map, autocannon too strong, weapons unbalanced, no alt route to final obj, basically it's just endless spam.
Shot3y.jpg

AS-Shipjack

Not played
faster-than-death_ii_0.jpg

AS-Faster-than-Death II
Crap map, it's a race map ffs.

as-acatana_1.jpg

AS-Acatana

Not a bad map however, space fighter opening is wank, fps is poor, layout is often confusing even with promtpts, could possibly be tweaked.
as-outback_0.jpg

AS-Outback

A promising map but needs touching up, the opening gives defence raptors and attackers nothing to shoot em down with, either give attack avrils or preferably delete the raptors. Some areas can be a little spammy but overall the most promising of the bunch.
Note: Some maps may need editin for League Ues :thumb:

Btw, player did you cut and paste this list, there are some glaring omissions, and some dubious nominations.

Here are two suggestions:

AS-GrandCanyon2k4z - On the whole a very good map, however the underground section needs the defence tanks sorted out, the defence can just tank camp and hold the map for full time.
AS-Iseal175 - A pretty good map, there are plenty of alt routes, however some parts espescially the ending are a bit spammy but not disasterously.

AS-GrandCanyon2k4z Is a very nice map yes.
Bit big, but well defendable. Although there are *some* vehicles in it..

»Player~63« said:
the maps i picked play well yes some of them need a bit of editin but nothink we cant handle :)

Frigate is beyond rescue, faster than death aint worth the effort. A better suggestion is As-Osaka however that needs a good despamming session in ued, there just aren't enough routes to some objs.

The friget is crap, in my opinion, to put it bluntly.
Havnt really seen any other decent maps, but havnt been looking. Will let you know if i see any :)

Grandcanyon agreed, although you might want to disable the exploit (hellbender through shields). iSeal is ok apart from the mine layer could cause a few problems.

Regarding the aforementioned map, the chances are that I will release this under an alias. There are too many retards on map review sites who line up to say "don't port maps without changing them loads fs!". It's a UT99 map which was converted to UT2003 by another author then to 2004 by me. And I don't want any geometry problems in the map going down under my main handle.

Reactions: Player-63
is the AS-League in 2k4 quite popular ? it looks good fun im thinking of signing up for a clan

those maps all look pretty nice. frigate looks nice.

-LilFvB- said:
havn't played any of these, but they look good on the screenies :p:
http://michaelmsrealm.com/MichaelMsRealm/The%20Ultimate%20Levels.htm#10
Have played confexia once or twice, the thing I remember above all was appaling fps, acatana is alright but the intro part with spacefighters sucks and again, the fps is poor. Not played abbys and the origional thrust (AS-CBP2-Thrust) was an ok map, not brilliant but not too bad, aint seen v2 on any servers.