Router Problem

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Shinon`

19x sshot!
Aug 21, 2002
Sprang-Capelle, NL
well.. here's the deal... two pc's, one router, adsl... they don't work.. when i link my modem to pc won't work.. but when i link modem->hub->pc it works again :|

it's a 'Netgear - 4port - 10/100 mbps - dual speed hub - Model ds104'
and i got Quicknet ADSL

thx in advantage :wave:

Last edited:
ok so it's a hub.. i need to link modem -> PC -> hub... but when i link from modem to pc.. internet won't work... but when i modem -> hub -> pc.. it will work again :|

Back on topic, i dont clearly understand the description of the problem. What i know is there are 2 kind of LAN cables, one is normal and the other is same with some wires crossed... I donno for sure m8, but maybe its just u need one cable of the other type to be able to directly connect ur modem to ur PC. Try with other LAN cables u got!

Popioul said:
Back on topic, i dont clearly understand the description of the problem. What i know is there are 2 kind of LAN cables, one is normal and the other is same with some wires crossed... I donno for sure m8, but maybe its just u need one cable of the other type to be able to directly connect ur modem to ur PC. Try with other LAN cables u got!
idd
To connect a pc with a router / switch / hub a normal twisted pair cable is needed.
(crossover cables are mainly used for PC-PC connections)

Bart said:
idd
To connect a pc with a router / switch / hub a normal twisted pair cable is needed.
(crossover cables are mainly used for PC-PC connections)

ah ok.. i did receive another cable with my modem.. but couldn't use it because was too far away from pc.. will try to use it tonight when i set the modem nearby pc.
maybe just another stupid question... will this hub affect my ping at any kind?

OMG...$au$je how many ADSL's you got to make this possible:
Connection downstream:
100MB
Connection upstream:
>100MB

:uhh: