Gay Marriage

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Mughi said:
There has been very little "I hate your fairy man in the sky" in this thread recently Jackel, its been Ice and Sobo saying that being gay is against nature - apart from the other natural things that are gay of course, and that nature shouldnt be used as an ideal as that would be silly, but still, you shouldnt be gay as its against nature.

PP, I should be able to get you some links about the "gay gene" later on - there has (and probably will be) a fair amount of debate as to whether sexuality is nature or nurture. As far as I know there is evidence both ways, I think there is more for the nature side.

lol ye thats why i posted it earlier

Ice said:
Of course we do alot of things that are not needed, but these are too elementarily.

By your logic humans should be deprived of pretty much everything since we honestly don't need about 99% of the stuff we use and do so I'm not really willing to go by that rule alone.

Mughi said:
PP, I should be able to get you some links about the "gay gene" later on - there has (and probably will be) a fair amount of debate as to whether sexuality is nature or nurture. As far as I know there is evidence both ways, I think there is more for the nature side.

Consider the history of Greek and Romans (and others) including their armies. It's pretty well known that it was common for men and women to have same-sex relationships. Unless something genetically disappeared relatively recently it's not a giant leap to imagine that we all have the capacity to get jiggy with the same sex. Love companionship and other "higher" concepts are more universal but the sex drive-direction can be taken as the delineating factor that seperates "homos" and "straights"
As with many, or most, of what we see as lifestyle choices there is the massive pressure of society, media and family conditioning us throughout our lives. The pictures of "hot" women that get posted in here are evidence alone of that conditioning, bearing little relation (in most cases I imagine) to most of the partners we currently have in our lives and find more than attractive TYVM. So these factors must also play a big part in how we see same-sex relationships; from those that are in them, to those that condone them right down to those that are apparently disgusted by them.
It this were all true -and maybe it is- then Ice would of course commit suicide knowing that he could easily enjoy gay sex but for the choices made by others around him which influence him in another direction.

:D

Hector said:
It this were all true -and maybe it is- then Ice would of course commit suicide knowing that he could easily enjoy gay sex but for the choices made by others around him which influence him in another direction.

:rofl:

cant believe sexuality is in your genes, its education and a general choice imo.
I heard people "become" gay in prison, too, Now though that should not be possible.

i already explained that i didn't only mean me by that, but everyone who thinks like me (still a good quote, put it in your sig, write a book about it... just put my name next to it kkthx) :P

at CK's rep: i don't really argue for my opinion, i am just stating it. i don't care if others think like me.

if gay sex is in the genes, then that would possibly be the biggest fuckup nature has ever come up with... until i see prove, i won't believe it.
next is that humans will have both male and female genes and can have sex with themselves. well, at least that would mean that some persons could have real sex :teehee:

Last edited:
I was actually laughing at the whole 'respect' thing. Why the hell would people give a shit about what people think about them, and whether "you" (notice inverted commas :P) respect them or not? I didn't really realise that respect from others meant so much to some people :] Surely you command respect from your demeanour and personality rather than your sexuality? /offtopic

You still havent told us about your "traumatic experiences" with gay ppl that u were talking of a few pages ago, Sobo.

sobo said:
cant believe sexuality is in your genes, its education and a general choice imo.
I heard people "become" gay in prison, too, Now though that should not be possible.

So I doubt you believe alcoholism to be in the genes either then?

What I really don't understand is how education can be a factor in one's sexual orientation. Does less education equal more prone to homosexuality? By that logic, third world countries should be empty of people already. If one could choose to be homosexual, one should be able to choose not to be in an instant.

You cant be pissed at anyone for a diffrent opinion , if ice / sobo dont like or support gay people , that is theire opinion and nothing wrong with it. They can think the same way of you for supporting homosexuality :rolleyes:

Reactions: Ice
-AmaZ- said:
You cant be pissed at anyone for a diffrent opinion , if ice / sobo dont like or support gay people , that is theire opinion and nothing wrong with it. They can think the same way of you for supporting homosexuality :rolleyes:

Who's pissed and who's said they're supporting homosexuality?

Wintermute said:
By your sick little definition, that means that we are not a proper couple? You want to explain to me why our marriage of ten years isn't "normal"? Are you so narrow minded to think that breeding fucked up brats to replace yourself is the definition of a couple?

That sort of attitude makes me sick.

no, Sobo, it's not "common sense". It's prejudice and homophobia. the simple little bigotries of a closed and narrow mind.

"they" offend you? do you even understand that you are labelling millions of different people with all sorts of opnions, beliefs, lives, experiences, hopes and dreams into a convenient little group for you to hate?

Welcome to my Ignore list

"each to his own"? no thanks. Homophobia (just like racism) should be challenged for the unacceptable behaviour that it is. Thankfully, narrow minded attitudes like yours are reducing in society.

just a few examples :o

-AmaZ- said:

but there oppinions are predjudiced, so therefore he can have a farely good reason for being annoyed at there oppinions.

Ice said:
prejudiced may be party correct, but I'd call it "having experience with those kind of people".

so you have had ban run ins with every gay person ever?
So you are still stereotyping/predjudicing :| ahem. . .anyway, the rest of the gay population. It's fair enough if you have had bad experiances with gay people, but i've had lots of run ins with assault players, that dont need to play assault, or even play UT, but i dont call every single Assault player wrong.

Just my oppinion mate, no hard feelings. would use the love emoticon but maybe wrong thread eh

Ice.
It's really ok............ were you just to admit u were Bi-Curious and wondering what it would be like to have bum sex and snog another bristly man, ppl would understand your PoV was born out of repressed desire and u would not have to rally so vehemently against homosexuality on these boards.

Ice said:
if gay sex is in the genes, then that would possibly be the biggest fuckup nature has ever come up with...

Ahem.............no. But you most certainly are a candidate for that title.

Ice said:
if gay sex is in the genes, then that would possibly be the biggest fuckup nature has ever come up with... until i see prove, i won't believe it.
next is that humans will have both male and female genes and can have sex with themselves. well, at least that would mean that some persons could have real sex :teehee:
OK, other species having homosexual interactions goes against the whole "homosexual is against nature" thing.

And, you are aware that men have both male and female genes right? And females have only female genes? Yeah?
Men have X and Y sex chromosomes and women have X and X. So there is your male and female gene thing ....