Fav track of all times incl. reasons

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

subZ

Soon™
Sep 25, 2003
Aarhus, DK
Right, think it's time to pick your favourite track of all times, whilst reasoning your choice :]

No alternatives, no listings, just one pick.

Right, my favourite is 'Mark Knopfler - Irish boy'

Was some time in the 90's, where I went through a stack of my fathers LPs from old.
I tremble over this LP called: 'MUSIC BY MARK KNOPFLER FROM THE FILM CAL' (1984).
Never having seen the movie itself, i put it on and listened, then this song pops up and I was amazed by it, so I bought the CD version, (which came out in 1990).

The song is a totally different style of what I else would listen to, but ever since I heard this, I've been a fan of the bagpipe musicstyle.
I find it relaxing, and it is great to listen to at all times, without it getting tiresome to listen to, (even when it's on repeat!)
icon14.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: sneez
i like the resevoir dogs soundtrack, just cos the music is awesome and i find it extremely good music for listening in the car, when you hear little green bag you just visualise those guys walking beside eachother.

Also pulp fiction ,kill bill , from dusk till dawn, and whats the name of that powerman 5000 soundtrack again, cos thats pretty darn sweet too

While those are my fav soundtracks my fav cd of all time must be
Machinehead - Burn my eyes
Pantera - Far beyond drivenn (especially 5 minutes alone)
and Pro-Pain Contents under pressure

Tbh i love music and i cant really pick just 1 cd as i would insult all the other music i have, for example fear factory has an incredible cd , dunno the same but that song replica stands out!
Besides that every cd which gets you adrenaline running is a great cd imo

ProPain said:
i like the resevoir dogs soundtrack, just cos the music is awesome and i find it extremely good music for listening in the car, when you hear little green bag you just visualise those guys walking beside eachother.

Very agreed!

My fav is the cd "3S" from Troissoeur, it's really awesome.
You can put it loud, softly, on repeat, anything.
All the songs are very good.

But I can't say my favourite song. It depends ;)
Reservoir dogs soundtrack is very good too.

ive done many shag hours on the first dido cd and esspecially on hold my hands or sth with hands lol

k, thought about this a bit, and i think im gonna go for "Sublime - What I Got"

Firstly, cos the reggae/ska sound of it is 1 of my favourite sounds, also, its such an uplifting song, even though its kinda depressing at the same time, i dunno puts things in perspective. Whenever i feel down or whatever i listen to this song (and quite a few others, mainly by Sublime tbh) and it makes me feel better :)

Go with the flow - Qotsa

Rather nice on *loud* volume. Good tune. 10 yrs ago it might have been Weezer - Undone- the sweater song

Point is, this changes over time.

Today i'll say Chef Aid - The South Park Album - 02 - The Crystal Method w- DMX, Ozzy, ODB, Fuzzbubble - Nowhere to Run

Tomorrow i'd prolly say something else, so whats the point?

Gomez - Get My Self Arrested

Brilliant to sing along to in a HUGE crowd.

but yeh, dont have one particular favourite, that was just the first that popped into my head.

Metallica - Mama Said

The lyrics really hit home with me coz I heard it for the 1st time shortly after I was diagnosed Diabetic. A time in my life where my Mum was (for as much as I love and respect her) getting too involved with what really needed to be something I accepted myself in the 1st instance.

Alphaville - Forever Young

:prooap:

tooo many memories of late 80's binded to this fine crafted piece of music (greets to Police departments of City of Vantaa and Helsinki :wave: )

Can't really name one track above all others, but the one which comes close to "all time favourite" for me right now is:

Howard Shore - Riders of Rohan (from LotR - TTT soundtrack)

As to why, it would take too long to explain.

Otis Redding - I've been loving you too long

Awesome voice and still makes the hairs prickle after 20 years of listening to the track. Pray god that no X-Factor "soul" singer ever considers butchering it:~ One track that imo could never be done justice by any other vocalist.

Horse - Careful
Same reasons - sometimes a voice and a song just hits and boy she can sing.

Rough Cutt - The night cries out for you - Paul Shortino had a cracking voice - proof that hair metal bands could write classics!

gonna stop now:D ohh Soundtracks.Thur just reminded me.....Tan Dun - Hero OST - awesome:D