Sound Card

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

RoTTeD

Oct 27, 2002
Hell
Im thinking on buy a sound card .I have been during last 3 months with mobo.But i want somth better and somth that gives me a good sound .Im gonna connect my electric guitar too so i want somth with good quality.Any suggestions ? .I thought in Sound Blaster® Audigy 2 ZS but dunno if its a good choice.Aphs , almost i forget it i want one with good software cos last one that i had arff it soft made me laugh.I even couldnt set properly my 5.1 system

Last edited:
Audigy 2 ZS is a very good card, however I dont know if it fulfills your "professional" needs for using your guitar with it. Maybe you shouldnt buy a card from the mainstream sector, but go for the pro solutions (but I dont know anything about em).

Audigy 2 NX

is a external sound card and u can plug guitars into it.. i bought mine last week for £70 been fine so far all sounds great np's at all. u need a usb 2.0 mb tho and win xp sp2. then u need to update to latest drivers bla bla bla.

Soundblaster - SBLive!

I have had this card for over a year now and never had the slightest problem with it - plays everything beaitifully and neevr has any compatibility or hardware issues etc. It's ideal for games and by now it will be cheap as hell. Though I appreciate it's dated by this point.

Any of the latest SB cards should be great anyway though ;)

I got the ZS (w/o B/o Box) and its a great all round card - 5.1 is awesome on it and it records my guitar perfectly through my Edirol ua20.

M-Audio is sposed to be the best choice for musicians on a budget tho.