UT2004 just getting lamer?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

-Starlight-

Boom...
Sep 22, 2001
Brum.
ive been playing the last few weeks.. and all i see, is fuckin lame playing.. feels like u vs ten 8 years old in ons.. every1 camps now..

and dawn.. omg.. that map is now fucked, because 2 mountain ledges near the main powercore, its near impossible to defend..

epic should do something about this.. Ut2004 imo is getting shitter everyday..

:(

Moto said:
ive been playing the last few weeks.. and all i see, is fuckin lame playing.. feels like u vs ten 8 years old in ons.. every1 camps now..

and dawn.. omg.. that map is now fucked, because 2 mountain ledges near the main powercore, its near impossible to defend..

epic should do something about this.. Ut2004 imo is getting shitter everyday..

why you think we all still play UT 99 :\ ? :freak:

join a clan, play a match totally different.

I guess ur talking about ONS. Played my first proper ONS match 2 hours ago and pffff, COMPLETELY different world to publics. Depends on the server i guess. Your choice though, if it aint your thing ...

depends what you call lame, you blatently can't adapat to the playing style of others.

wot joko said, good ONS matches r so fun.. seriously.. its nothing like public. and when im not playing in a match, i play with m8s i know that arent lame

yeh i understand that... bin playin DM lately and thats pretty fun.. wouldnt play in a clan, cosi dont have the time, but i couldnt help see somepeople that play ONS of camping e.t.c... but i dont mind, im playin, think i just had a bit of a moan :D

oh and Riotz, dont bother saying i cant adapt to peoples playing habits.. thats bs, youve never seen me play or ever played with me so either reply with a fair comment or just stfu next time..

other than that.. UT2004 is still pretty fun :D ..

Camping on ONS? Dont think you have the grasp of it m8.
Ut2k4 is a fine game (my opinion, i realise), tactically ONS is far more complicated than AS ever was and if any of the guys who moved to 2k4 actually return to play some ut99 they will wonder why on earth we played it for sooo long?

yeh i know... ONS is tactical.. i think thats why pub servers piss me off, thiers hardly eva any tactics used..

True about AS.. although i played it for the fun and not for the winning, so still wasnt too bored..

Oh and, i dont think ONS is entirly camping, just think the 2 cliff edges in dawn are pretty fucked up, and thats what i refer to as camping.. while having like 2 trucks & 2 people on each ledge firing down..

UT2004 is defo better than its elders.

ONS is still an evolving game, players on pubs might have a campy behaviour... but u ever see em with a high score? = noobz

in clanwars there are also campy situations, ie map lock, id rather call it defending though.

i love every gametype seriously part from double dom prbbly won't get good at any of em cuz i play em all lol ah well as long as ya have a good time :3some:

Are you surprised that ppl camp already?
Online gaming is not new anymore.

I already encountered a number of bots too.
You can't avoid this. Obviousley.

When I play I do the same things as I do/did in UT99.
Clan wars almost always end up in spamming strategic places.
It's the win that counts for most people. No matter how.

That doesn't mean you can't play a bit more fair than the others.
It just takes more skill to do it, and a bit of brain too ;)

Haggis said:
Camping on ONS? Dont think you have the grasp of it m8.
Ut2k4 is a fine game (my opinion, i realise), tactically ONS is far more complicated than AS ever was and if any of the guys who moved to 2k4 actually return to play some ut99 they will wonder why on earth we played it for sooo long?

hehe, some of thse guys come back to play it cos they don't like Ut2k4. I don't have much choice my twin 1.2. 1 GB ram, with a gloria 3 doesn't seem to run it that well.

only thing wrong with 2004 AS is n00bs on publics owning me with spider mines and flak :shout: