Unreal Tournament Code Vulnarable for hacks

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Felerian says:

can you translate it or post a link in english?
would like to know everything about it.

aparently epic made a patch for UT too

/me is too lazy to go out and search it (no hackzor gives a shit bout me anyway ;) )

Old yes Apex, These exploits are known for a while... Just not that widespread to the public: Ignorance is bliss ;)
Now that italian dude has released some POC code that any scriptkiddie can use... Thats the most disturbing...

IceDragon said:
(no hackzor gives a shit bout me anyway ;) )

thats what alot of users think!! Wrong ! Even if u have no special data on ur comp a hacker can use it for any other purpose: DDOS ,spamrelay,... to name a few

DDOS is a classic. Anyone can do that if they know how (or they have a little tool that does it for them ;))

the news item is utter bs, the only thing you can do by abusing this leak is making a server crash. The solution is to replace IPServer.u, replace it by a new file that has the same code but doesn't have the gamespy code (wich is deprecated anyway). You can find a file like this on www.anticheat.co.uk, it's called securevalidate. The exploit doesn't affect clients!

Reactions: Cratos
AnthraX said:
the news item is utter bs, the only thing you can do by abusing this leak is making a server crash. The solution is to replace IPServer.u, replace it by a new file that has the same code but doesn't have the gamespy code (wich is deprecated anyway). You can find a file like this on www.anticheat.co.uk, it's called securevalidate. The exploit doesn't affect clients!

;) this guy knows something :)

AnthraX said:
Uhm, I think you'll find it's the entire udp protocol that's affected, not just a "gamespy specific" section (if there is such a thing).

Looks like we may be seeing a LeagueAS136c anyway; since the udp query/uplink code in that will also have to be updated.