England vs France

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

result

• Total voters
TuT said:
It wasn´t obvious which side he was gonna shoot at, and the save was good even though the penalty could have been closer to the post.

if u know beckham he always shoots left,its his banana feet good for crossing and freekicks but u know which way its gonna go in a penalty.....

beckham shouldnt have taken it in first place cause bartez knows him so well

point 2 bartez was way of his line

point 3 heskey is just an arse shouldnt be in england team, there are far better english strikers in this country than him

:lol: PP

And 3D. If England would have wanted to play offensive footbaal they would have put some1 else in. Now they wanted to play their destructive shit football as usual and it paid off... for France :)

IMHO
  • Scholes should have taken the penalty strike instead of Beckham, Scholes has the right head, foot and technique for it. Or maybe a more unknown player, defenders are usually good at the penalty spot (Well maybe not when it comes to england (Southgate :P)). Through out the history great players have "often" missed important penalty shots. Roberto Baggio, Raul, now Beckham so maybe it's better to let someone "unknown" do it?
  • Gerrard always makes his 30 meter passes back to the goalie, it's so stupid and dangerous. I've seen him making them in premier league as well. He made 2 earlier in the match and then on the 3rd time Henry was ready for it.
  • It wasn't that wrong to put Heskey in but it was stupid of him to foul the guy just outside the the penalty area in the 89th minute when England had full control over things. There were so many defenders there that he didn't have to take him down there.
  • David James could have taken that free kick, he gambled and went to the corner that was already coverd = leaving his corner totally uncovered. It wasn't even that well placed the freekick, although it had good speed.
  • Zinedine Zidane is without a doubt the best player in the world (but then again we already knew that) :D

Further more I think the match was quite boring, except for the last 3 minutes which will always be remembered now, just like champions league final between Bayern - Man U like Bas already mentioned :D (I think there has been one more match like this, I just can't remember it right now)

England was defending for 90 minutes, it started right away because they had too much respect for France and then they hoped to get a goal in on freekick/corner situations or counterattacks using their speedy attackers. And France kept getting stuck in the middle all the time, they should have used the sides more than they did and they should have used more speed. It was going so slow when they attacked, just like Portugal in their match.

Seven said:
O yes we are ENGLAND we are 1-0 up so lets hang around in our penalty area and let france attack every 45 seconds, lets not put any pressure on, lets just sit there and clear the ball every time it comes in, o btw did i mention lets foul them inside the penalty area, fucking idiots, man im very dissapointed, more luck that some clans in this league fs, o and more lucky than timmah apex, and jwer =[FDC]= :p::D, thats pretty fucking lucky.
thats what im saying,if u watch most of englands games thats how they always play.really annoying, n who gave me bad rep points for saying england to win was ahead in the poll even tho more ppl saying french to win!(well it was b4)

Still...

WHAT`S YOUR SUGGESTION?

Owen and Rooney are very offensive forwards. Leading with 1-0 and them getting tired forces some1 else to come in doesn´t it?

Holy shit guys its the first game of the pool their in ffs. Relax imo France was just very very lucky.

And yes Beckham should never taken that penalty (although I doubt if he shoots it in the same corner of the goal every time...) and the other bloke should have never try to shoot the ball back to the keeper but to the second ring of the arena instead, it was in EXTRA time ffs.

TuT said:
Still...

WHAT`S YOUR SUGGESTION?

Owen and Rooney are very offensive forwards. Leading with 1-0 and them getting tired forces some1 else to come in doesn´t it?

was nicky butt on the bench<dunno didnt see who was on it but leave rooney on and stick nicky butt on to get the better of viera

-=[3D]=- said:
was nicky butt on the bench<dunno didnt see who was on it but leave rooney on and stick nicky butt on to get the better of viera

I bet Rooney was feckin tired after his constant running here and there, but yeah Nicky Butt would prolly have been a good choice. Allthough it might have been a bit too defensive? I mean, France kinda had 6 men inside Englands penalty area for like 45 mins...

I don't think Rooney was taken off coz he was tired, for me it looked more like Sven wanted to make sure he didn't get booked, which would have only been a matter of time they way he was going.

yre im gonna laugh at volts fucking face when holland get owned, and TB and TIMMAH too
england started to play better when heskey, vassel and Hargreaves came on, we at least got out of our half LOL

i fink England are gonn have to spank france in the final tbh

Last edited:
Reactions: Se7en
Rivaldo said:
yre im gonna laugh at volts fucking face when holland get owned, and TB and TIMMAH too
england started to play better when heskey, vassel and Hargreaves came on, we at least got out of our half LOL

i fink England are gonn have to spank france in the final tbh

Well said! i wanna see holland get pwned now :D. and then mock... and laugh :D

Seven said:
Well said! i wanna see holland get pwned now :D. and then mock... and laugh :D
haha u can laugh as hard as u want, holland is never gonna get pwned so hard like england yesterday :D

tbh it was a run on one goal 2nd half
england defended quite well - imo quite lucky for france to score both goals at the end of the match :D

PS: @all english who want germany to win over holland... blast it out of ur minds although i d be fucking funny :D

At the end of the day its pointless discussing any games like this, especially since nobody ever agrees with each other, English or not :lol:. Nobody "pwned" anybody in that match and a draw would probably have been a fair result. Having said that England was a bit unlucky since both of Frances goals came in extra time.

As for Heskey, well he is crap and imo has done nothing to merit his inclusion in the squad for a long time. I think that bringing Vassel and Hargreaves on was ok but bringing on Heskey was pointless imo and it proved a big mistake.

About Germany and Holland, that should be interesting. I think that if Germany (techinally inferior by a long way at the moment and pretty much lacking anyone decent except Ballack and Khan) get stuck in then Holland will get frustrated and could lose, especially since the Germans are generally uber cool during big matches/competitions. Go Germany? ;) :nod:

I support liverpool

and yes owen is shite
and when we got rid of Carthorse - i mean heskey i thought that was the end of his england carrer
and Gerrard his good but wtf was he doing :(
Well anyway when we win all other matches welll just beat france *again*

:yipee: