server setup

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

X-Bomb

Aug 16, 2001
London
i think it might be an idea for the admins to get some people who can setup league servers, just a few reliable people, atm theres like 2 active admins, im not counting phoe:P i dont know how often servers arent set but personally it happens more often then i would like and usually results in 8-12 ppl just waiting around for nothing. not having a go at admins here (they cant be around all the time duh) just think it might be an idea to get a fewextra ppl who can set a league server, for example today we had to get poor kip (gothica admin) to try and set server 2 from webadmin but he werent able to do it:S (thanks for trying)

think this idea might keep the league running over nicely and reduce some stress on admins, what do u think?

personally i dont mind helping set servers when they need to be set!

Last edited:
Reactions: dirz
ouch :( just came home and saw 100 pm's and icq messages. could guess what happened again :\
sorry to all the clans who had bookings this evening. psy is very busy with his exams atm, phoe is rarely around and well, i once wasnt here aswell :crap: really a bad day for the setup system to stop working

please contact me if your match could be played on a clanserver or if it didnt get played at all, thx

swap vs solid could have been played on a clanserver (we got offered 100 servers :x), but swap refused, even when FDC offered theirs, which is exactly the same as UTA Server 2, just with a different name :lol: Weird! Anyway, it couldnt be played!

you should just spank phil long enough to get the setup system running stable again. ;)

well i guess if that trustee system should work that ppl would need webadmin login and pw ... dont think admins will give that to others... understandable if u take in account what u could do with that webadmin. On the other hand it wouldnt be a big deal to find out who did what and when :spank:

come to think of it, as I'm online reasonably much as well, just have psy place a copy of the automated server setup thingy on my servers, which does get the matchinfo needed, but doesn't actually automaticaly sets up the match. That way I could (except for Orange's #3) do a manual override with the correct settings if the normal auto-setup fails. I'm online reasonably much anywayz. And I could prolly even build a frontend into that so other trustees can login and force my alternative auto setup to setup a server, that way noone would have to screw around with webmin and Py's l33t setup tool (which needs datalink enabled which it usually isn't.
Just a thought tho, would be needing some working out anywayz :P

Reactions: Bossk
the easiest thing wud imo be a rule that forces clans to play on similar available servers if the booked server is down.

theres really no reason why a match thats booked on e.g. server6 shud not be played on 8server if that is free at the time server6 is down.

yup wot KAN v IDC did IDC only play on digifrag so we got 8 server when server6 wouldnt set :D

Clan servers dont come under the same jurisdiction as league servers, so they can be set differently. If youve got a match on a league server theres no way you could force a clan to play on a clan server, only a similar league server, ie 1 & 2 or 4 & 5, but then id guess if one was down through server booking then they'd all be down so that wouldnt be helpful :P