Binds

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

In UT2004.ini

AmbientVolume=0.500000

make it:

AmbientVolume=0.000000

Removes footsteps sounds from yourself, and also all other noises like generators..smoke ..rain etc
Maybe you knew it already but hu :)

nice joko that helped alot for a ut 2004 noob :eek:

oh one thing:

i tried to make Middlemouse=ShowScores | onrelease ShowScores

but it didn't work. any hints? :confused:

Last edited:
yep its in onslaught.int, or assault.int or whatever, you'll have to change them all.

Look for line ONSHints= blah blah blah, and just chaning it to a space (alt+0160) should stop them appearing. Havent tried it yet but i see no reason why it shouldnt work.

Bombing runnin hints are in xgame.int for some reason ...

Reactions: Ice
is ther ea way to stop the menu from scrolling in from the side?
annoys me a lot more than the sounds. :\

and does AmbientVolume=0.000000 only remove your own footsteps or also those of other players?

if u wanna remove footsteps theres an option top do it without disabling ambient sounds

user.ini
[XGame.xPawn]
bPlayOwnFootsteps=False

yeh thats already in list Mkz :o

As for the menu coming in from the side ... do you mean the voice command menu thing? Thats gonna be quiet hard to alter id imagine without a mod of some sort, or a whole new GUI, but some ppl are developing thier owns GUI's for 2004 anyway, just search atari forums for it.

Joko said:
As for the menu coming in from the side ... do you mean the voice command menu thing? Thats gonna be quiet hard to alter id imagine without a mod of some sort, or a whole new GUI, but some ppl are developing thier owns GUI's for 2004 anyway, just search atari forums for it.

no i dont mean the voicemenu, i mean the main menu.

yo guys is there a way to remove the loading screen when your entering a server it´s annoying and it take more time to load the maps :|

other thing i got:

[UnrealGame.UnrealPawn]
bPlayOwnFootSteps=False
bPlayerShadows=True
bBlobShadow=False

should disable my footsteps but it doesnt ... dunno why fs any ideas ?

Last edited:
Theres 2 different places where you can remove the footstep sounds, make sure you do it in both.
Another thing is that it wont remove the sound when u land after doing a jump or dodge, so make sure its not that that you are hearing.

2 places ? i inserted false in the user ini line ahs i showed you above what is the second place ?!?

about the loading screens any idea how to remove them and leave the black screen only with ip unreal:\\ .........

Loading screens are listed in your user.ini like this ...

[GUI2K4.UT2K4ServerLoading]
Backgrounds=2k4Menus.Loading.loadingscreen1
Backgrounds=2k4Menus.Loading.loadingscreen2
Backgrounds=2k4Menus.Loading.loadingscreen2
Backgrounds=2k4Menus.Loading.loadingscreen4

The screenes themselves are just textures, so i guess deleting those lines might work. Or else create a black texture and add it in there. I dont think they take that long to load though, ive added about 10 custom ones, makes it look pretty, its the fucking hints that bug me.

You can remove them by going to your system folder and editting the relevant files

FOR CTF and DM: Open UnrealGame.int and look for CTFHints=, DMHints=
FOR AS: Open UT2k4Assault.int -> ASHints=
FOR ONS: Open Onslaught.int -> ONSHints=

As for the footsteps, editting your user.ini as shown below will only get rid of your footsteps when you are walking like a n00b in a straight line, will still play jumping and landing footstep sounds when you dodge / double dodge / jump. Disabling ambient sounds is a bit extreme imo, but it works.

Removing your own footstep sounds [in User.ini]
[UnrealGame.UnrealPawn]
bPlayOwnFootSteps=False

[in UT2004.ini]
Removing ambient sounds (raindrops / footsteps) - Courtesy of Snakey
AmbientVolume=0.000000

Last edited:
i never got the aliases to work, using text files is easy enough anyway :P