screen shots - Edit: Trojan Warning - Read Me!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Link wasnt worked for me, and dint find anything on my PC, its cuz win 98se doesnt accept viruses wahaha :P

@ thread creator noob :fingers:

-CrackKing- said:
just downloaded avast.
how shit is that, took an hour and got 50% thru my 120gb C:\ AVG does it in 10 mins
Prolly means it's actually doing a proper scan ;)

-CrackKing- said:
just downloaded avast.
how shit is that, took an hour and got 50% thru my 120gb C:\ AVG does it in 10 mins
But it doesn't mean it has the same quality scans as avg, don't know who's the best though, although almost every program sees a virus that others don't :mad:

Hmm, you didn't select scan local drives and then also select all your drives in the selected folder option did you? Cause it'll basically scan twice if you do, i.e. all local drives, then all your selected drives/folders :P

Benchmarks from my system (yeah I know but i wanted to see how they really compared, at least for me):

All Local Drives - 104,322 files - 86gb
Avast (Quick Scan + archive scanning) : 9.5gb / 80,000 files in 11mins 58secs
AVG : ??mb / 29,051files in 19mins 0secs

C Drive - Main drive - 41,388 files - 4gb - (partition on 10k rpm SATA)
Avast (Quick Scan + archive scanning) : 2.87gb / 60,000files in 6mins 32secs
AVG : ??mb / 17,673files in 5mins 0secs

D Drive - Games drive - 16,197 files - 16gb - (partition on 10k rpm SATA)
Avast (Quick Scan + archive scanning) : 206.9mb / 700files in 17secs
Avast (Standard Scan + archive scanning) : 17.9gb / 34,000files in 3mins 47secs
AVG scan : ??mb / 1178 files in 1min 12secs

F Drive - Backup/kazaa/photo drive - 501 files - 18.8gb - (7.2k rpm drive)
Avast (Quick Scan + archive scanning) : 0mb / 0files in 0secs
Avast (Standard Scan + archive scanning) : 17.4gb / 500files in 17secs
AVG scan : ??mb / 10 files in 0secs

G Drive - All the shit in the world drive - 46,294 files - 46.1gb - (7.2k rpm drive)
not scanned seperatly tonight.

No figures for the size of files scanned by AVG as it counts the size of the files it skips - i.e it always ends up as the size of the drive(s).
All scan options default (AVG default has archive scanning)
Avast files scanned approximate as when its finished the summary is pants.
E: is my CD drive
Reporting more files scanned than are on the drive is attributed to it counting files inside archives

For me Avast seems to be better. Plus it detected stuff (Win32:Natali / dormant things in temp internet files) that AVG didn't. Each to their own in the end though, i think i'll be keeping AVG (in non resident mode - i.e. manaul scans only) for a while, if only to compare what each detects.

There are some american losers with no life going around crashing servers, botting and trying to get ppl to get their trojans/viruses. Just 15 year old idiots that read stuff and think they are the best hackers around. I see them often on particular american servers. Just don't fall vistim to their pathetic attempts of showing some 1337 stuff or other stupid stuff like that, and click/install things that u don't trust.

hmm yay, didnt click that link but it seems i got infected anyhow.. and now my windows wont boot :x format here i come :(