LeagueAS136 Test2 (Last one, hopefully)

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

server3 is normal for me
server7 : can connect, 500 ping, no netspeed
dfp server : CSHP CRC checksum failure

other pubs are normal too

DrOoZ said:
ye, but which reason
i'd like to know that very much :o

I tried to reach you but didn't get you in icq/irc yet. Plz come to irc #136test and we can check and tell you what the problem is. We can't help you if you just argue in here, plz come to irc and give us the chance to help you ;)

We also knew and said that it was a matter of days: the final version was coming straight away. It's already done, to be released probably tonight

so tonight when i play my pro as match iam gonna be forced into downloading 136 test2 which in a couple of days time will be changed for 136 final. Heck 136 final might even come out tonight making my download,install and time spent configering a waste of time.
Heck i might be one of 95% of ppl who have conection problems and without knowing which tweak etc etc thats causing the client to crash.

This has got to be the worse admin call i have seen in all my time playing here, surely it would of been simpler to have left 135 on untill 136 final was ready, instead of forcing numours upgrades on us.
Fuck it iam not playing another match till 135 is back on or 136 final is out i cba to keep installing clients, also untill 136 final is out suym insta will book on clan servers. As mughi said i have players on 64k isdn and its too much to ask of them.

erm hello?
those guys do one hell of a job!
all they want to do is make the game better for all of us!
and believe me: they know the definition of "good" in the case of LeagueAssault very well.

the one and only flaw is the lack of an official announcement.

Ajax:

"Heck 136 final might even come out tonight making my download,install and time spent configering a waste of time."
- download is 470kb or something... i mean... come on!
- install takes like 20seconds (extract and delete the old files)
- config: you can port your settings from one version to another.
- and if you don't wanna do that, 136 in pure will be no different than 135 was
(only the extended hud will contain all the information of which you might have removed some in 135)

"Heck i might be one of 95% of ppl who have conection problems and without knowing which tweak etc etc thats causing the client to crash."
- if your tweaks didn't crash your client in 135, they won't crash you in 136 either
- 136 is only about set-commands.
it checks, disables and resets quite a number of them but it is basicly just typing console commands for you. and the commands in 136 (also the ones that put in default values are guaranteed, not to crash a client because they are all checked and containt valid classes, textures etc. )

"instead of forcing numours upgrades on us"
- wasn't there only 1 this far?

"i cba to keep installing clients"
erm. you don't have to?

"64k users. its too much to ask of them."
to let UT auto-DL 500kb?! ................

drooz:

"500ping" etc. :
maybe routing problems?

"CSHP CRC checksum failure":
well try and delete the cshp file and re-DL it
looks like it has been altered on your PC and ain't the same as on the server innit?

Maybe a stupid question, but i havent seen a thread about there being a new 136 release, but now there is one called public on the dl page.

Which 136 should i install and configure? 'public' or 'test2'? Im thinking of all the talk of 136 being on league servers for matches now...

maybe time for a sticky 'leagueas 136 installation instructions thread' like there is for 135 in this section of the forums.

Psychotic said:
In your case, restore original skin texture files (soldierskins, commandoskins etc) and it will be fine.
The reason why sometimes you can join and play is some of these checks are required, but others are made random. If we set it to always check on ALL the packages, the login time would increase considerably (the mentioned red box at start + maybe a small screen freeze).

didnt notice that skins are changed... or its the GOTY ut edition different?
..should i reinstall ut? ..if i copy old files and didnt overwrite new files it should clean my ut ..

.. or whats the fastest solution.. ?

Psychotic said:
It's already done, to be released probably tonight. Includes the SP for clan servers / publics and of course fixes all the 'problems' mentioned + adds a couple of interesting options.
Where is it? ;)

Help!

Hello & Salutations,

Last day/night I went to the insta AS server (#4?) & saw the extra icons, but for some reason didn't see the actual icon pics as before. The words are shown, yet when I saw again in the mod area, it was suppose to be able to be seen, as it wasn't checked off to not be. Seen it before last month when I 1st tried it & enabled, but not any more.

Then I went to my clan server (has old LeagueAS135 on it still) for a bit & while there during a map change (AS-Manticore), the following critical error showed up for some odd reason (see below [resized to fit]).
Anyone know what it refers to? As you can see, it mentions about LeagueAS136 in it, whereas it shouldn't. Could this be a conflict with the old version & during some map(s) it encounters?

Attachments

• Error.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 62
What Hardcore said
+ downloading from an UT server the file is sent compressed which is about 160 Kb = 20 seconds on ISDN.
+ extended hud settings will remain. They are stored under LeagueAS-CP which is common to all the versions.

Download/install/configure: takes 2 mins. If you don't want to or didn't have time... just join the server and play?
There are no side effects if you do it this way. LOADED TWEAKS WON'T MAKE YOU CRASH, LOADED TWEAKS WON'T KICK YOU OUT THE SERVER.

Problems to connect: my 95% was wrong, it's more like a 99%. After looking at a few more cases today we're left to only ONE person who couldn't join a 136 server with a clean client - he was running a linux install of UT. & his problem is solved already.

Auriel:
Nah you don't need a full reinstall, just copy all the textures from your UT CD to your textures folder.

Flatus:
It looks like your menus are from an older version. You change options for a different 136 version thus they don't make effect in the current.
As for the crash message... it was reported already. The Combo Preview on menus causes problems with certain settings :|
That's fixed already in the next version. This time make sure you delete old 136 files to get rid of old menus.

_

Psychotic said:
What Hardcore said
+ downloading from an UT server the file is sent compressed which is about 160 Kb = 20 seconds on ISDN.
+ extended hud settings will remain. They are stored under LeagueAS-CP which is common to all the versions.
:x go away :p:

The job was on the way... I guess it's just a better announcement before league servers being updated that all missed, i guess. I was aware of it, but cant remember where i grabbed Psy's announcement, must have been on a test2 topic. Now if i remeber well, forum was down these days... Anywayz

Heres the new thread announcing final release (which seemed smoother/lighter to process menus to me)

And a brand new leagueAS136 site

Good fooking job admins :bananna:

Last edited: