USB Network

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

think so, but u must use a usb cable which has a lower voltage or resistor type thingy or u will fry something.

The cables Ive seen cost about £20-30 each here, all have a 12Mbps top speed as they are usb1.1, plus I think USB has a 5metre cable limit if not used with some form of booster.
A normal network would end up cheaper and faster but just more of a hassle if u swap around pcs a lot which dont have network cards

stick "usb network cable" in google and youll get loads of info on what youre after

hy, i have found a usb 2.0 network cable for 12,50€

the problem is, my network connector on my notebook is borken. a new pc card would cost about 30€..

MeetYourMaker said:
I think USB has a 5metre cable limit if not used with some form of booster.

And any improvements in distance are inversly proportionate to the amount of boosters you add, so again diminishing returns \:
Like 5 m free
7.5 m 1 booster
8.75m 2 boosters etc.

get a wireless network instead, if u can afford the router, best investment i ever made for my laptop, fkin rox the box! You can get a usb wireless networ card or PCMA card if ur lappie supports it and you can get a simple transmitter thingy for any router for about 50 squid. Barginous!

Obviously my UT machine is plugged straight into the router with a 20 cm long std network cable though :thumb: