Recent content by Wintermute

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

1. Wintermute

Not active, but not inactive either.. ;)

Not active, but not inactive either.. ;)
  2. Wintermute

Well.. what do you know...?

UT Assault appears to be coming back.. :D
  3. Wintermute

Hello =[FDC]=

Hi folks, I popped by for, well... who knows, eh? just reliving good times past. hopefully you are all doing well, and life is treating you well. We never did arrange that last =[FDC]= meetup... who knows; maybe 2015 will be our year. ;)
  4. Wintermute

MX518 mouse buttons not working in UT GOTY?

Hi Dave :) cheers for that Solar - I tried this, but it didn't work for me... but I was trying to map F6 and F7. As a question - what O/S are you running?
  5. Wintermute

MX518 mouse buttons not working in UT GOTY?

ello folks Fancied some UT99 again after a break, so installed GOTY on my Windows 7 box... works fine, nice and smooth... but no extended mouse buttons, just the regular left right ones. Installed setpoint, configured the buttons - still nothing. any ideas?
  6. Wintermute

FAO: Ian

You guys are great :) on My birthday, I was here: That's the view from 55 storeys up on the Rialto tower, the second highest building in the Southern Hemisphere in the heart of Melbourne. (I was in Melbourne on business, working on the design of a twin datacentre installation with over...
  7. Wintermute

Lingo!

is it DIVISION?
  8. Wintermute

Bored Spam Thread

It's a break spot in Scotland, on the way up to Glencoe called the 'Rest and be Thankful' Here...
  9. Wintermute

Bored Spam Thread

Do I win 'widest picture ever posted to UTA'? I bet I do;)
  10. Wintermute

Nuclear power

I agree completely - we need something else. I think that Nuclear is the best choice for now - but only because of the environmental and health damage of coal/oil/gas. We need much, much more use of renewables (and this also means environmentalists need to shut the hell up about stopping wind...
  11. Wintermute

Nuclear power

it's all about the base load Bart - I am a big fan of renewables, I want to see us using lots more solar and wind (and especially moving toward microgeneration on rooftops etc), but the simple fact is that renewables cannot ever produce the steady state base load power that's needed to run the...
  12. Wintermute

Clan Administrator Login details?

Cool - got it :)
  13. Wintermute

Nuclear power

oooooh, good thread. this is my pet topic - heck, I'm even writing a book about it (expect it to be published sometime after hell freezes over :rofl:) I am pro nuclear. Personally, I feel that if the danger of global warming is as significant as we think it is, then we should be shutting down...
  14. Wintermute

Clan Administrator Login details?

Hey folks ;) well, it looks like =[FDC]= ain't completely dead after all. course, I have fecked off to Australia, so my ping is gonna be even more crap now (like that ever mattered... :rofl:) anyhoo, it's been like 2 years since I used it, and I lost the clan admin password.. how do i get that...
  15. Wintermute

Bday Wintermute

Gee, long time no see you guys :D Thanks! And how the fuck is everyone then?