Recent content by Cutter

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

1. Cutter

Recommended hard disks? (Mechanical)

Thanks for the input guys - I'm probably going to end up getting a WD Caviar Black 1TB. :) Question 2: data security - I tend to archive off to DVD and an external hard disk, but what are people's experiences with various types of RAID? Software under Windows 7, hardware in your computer box...
  2. Cutter

Recommended hard disks? (Mechanical)

I'm looking to replace a 150GB Western Digital Enterprise class Raptor drive which has served me faithfully for almost 5 years but is now starting to make intermittent clicking noises on boot-up and during use, suggesting it is on its way out. I'm looking at getting a new 1TB disk to replace...
  3. Cutter

Hot dang!!

Anyone notice the ticker at the bottom of the picture says "Obama" and not "Osama" then? :(
  4. Cutter

Hot dang!!

Apparently they caught bin laden! (OK, technically this should be in chit chat, but it's funny and political so I think it should really be here)
  5. Cutter

Germany vs Argentina. Just about football...seriously

Whether football or girls, it's Deutschland über Alles I'm afraid! :D
  6. Cutter

ISP Choice - One for the UK residents

Hah! Must admit though, I preferred the old layout on SK. I think really the problem I'm facing is that living in Scotland, once you move out of the immediate city centre areas of Glasgow or Edinburgh, your available broadband options in terms of speed and cost just fall away. The area...
  7. Cutter

As far as I can tell, BE are LLU only, although slightly annoyingly, you still need a BT line...
  8. Cutter

Yep, I already knew about samknows. At the risk of sounding cheeky, you've clearly not had your morning coffee yet! :) Re-read the first sentence of my first post - I have a choice of two LLU providers - AOL and TalkTalk. Not BE alas. I'm half tempted to write a nice testimonial letter to...
  9. Cutter

I will be moving house soon, and switching from the LLU provider BE, for whom I have nothing but praise, to an area where my choices will be between an LLU connection with AOL or TalkTalk, a normal BT connection, or the usual ADSL suspects over a BT line, meaning I'll be paying BT simply for the...
  10. Cutter

Funny Stuff (Ripped from the PU forums)

Roddy you old fart, you still coming online with your ancient old P2-400? :)
  11. Cutter

Third British election debate...

1. Ahh yes, waiting lists. Those were shortened by creating waiting lists for waiting lists. Or, alternatively, the other trick was to give you an initial appointment so that you could book a main appointment. 2. Tax credits - good idea, but why are they paid to people who earn salaries where...
  12. Cutter

In much the same way as the current generation, which has grown up knowing nothing but Labour rule, and have, as a result of Labour education policies, spent their formative years being told what to think rather than how to think? And lets remind ourselves why the Tories had so sell off /...
  13. Cutter

Pretty much. Take the current Labour party which is in power. The supposedly soft, cuddly, social liberal party. The same party which led the UK into two wars of dubious legality which are going nowhere. The same party which abolished payment of grants to, and tuition fees for, university...
  14. Cutter

The problem with voting for the greens is that like tomatoes, they soon turn red... :rofl:
  15. Cutter

Hmm, way I see it is as follows:- 1. Labour - litany of broken promises, including a breach of a manifesto pledge to have a referendum on the Lisbon treaty. Most illiberal, anti-democratic, centralising and anti-liberal of the three main parties. Oh, and like all Labour governments, their...