Start of UT 4, 4vs4 Assault Spring Cup 2016 - Signup is open

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Hank

-)EaS*
Jul 23, 2001
Germany
The time has come .....

This has been long awaited and now the door is open to sign up for our first big 4on4 Assault Cup with a POT, believe it or not, of 500 $ ! (400 $ for the winner, 100 $ for the runner-up)

Sign up your team or add yourself to the player pool here (sign ups will end on Mai 6th , 16 GMT / 18 CEST ) http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/QDJSNrTwuK
Watch this and join us ! :

To be up to date or for further questions, follow us on facebook, join our ut4assault steam group or join us on irc #ut.assault

Last edited:
Because what could possibly go wrong. You've already proven how terrific you are at organizing and admining cups!

I would gladly join but as i told Seba; my pc just isnt up for the task alas. The show match u organized on friday was fun (lol at Target and the question what wos u thinking about as you shot bamzze of the ledge) but my frame rate was abysmal. Plus ppl were getting first objectives while i was still waiting to join teh fight, on every map i played!

Sry i just cant do it i wish i could :(

I can't join a team, the drop list is blocked for me.

The drop down list is only available for captains to sign their team to the cup :) If you wanna join an existing team, just make an account on challonge.com and ask the captain to add you to his team.

However if you don't have a team yet, we can add you to the free players pool. To do so, just tell us your challonge name and we will sort it out. (pn, irc, facebook, steam group, forums etc. etc.)

i hope people will help to spread the word so we get many sign ups and also reach some newcomers.

Last edited:
Hey
smile.png

Please check this out

https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtou...-UT4Assault-presents-Assault-Spring-Cup-2016-!

First post of this thread (link above) updated with some basic rules/info. More to come soon!

Why are there only guardia, frigate, nemphis, overlord, riverbed, (rook WIP) for the group stage and then for the final stage autorip, ballistic, golgotha, golgotha2, lavafort are added? Why not have all the maps to pick from, right from the start?

Reactions: twnZ
Why are there only guardia, frigate, nemphis, overlord, riverbed, (rook WIP) for the group stage and then for the final stage autorip, ballistic, golgotha, golgotha2, lavafort are added? Why not have all the maps to pick from, right from the start?
I think it has to do with the newbie friendliness of the maps. We might get new players into the cup.

Reactions: fat jeff
I think it has to do with the newbie friendliness of the maps. We might get new players into the cup.
Still doesn't really make sense though. I've never played the map Nemphis either. Absolute new people will have to learn all the maps either way and seeing the same 'ol Frigate, Overlord and Rook pop up on the list might make people think that's all there is to Assault. I'd think you'd want to promote Assault with all the new maps in all their glory, just to show that Assault is actually a really epic game mode!

Reactions: Morpheus and twnZ
Still doesn't really make sense though. I've never played the map Nemphis either. Absolute new people will have to learn all the maps either way and seeing the same 'ol Frigate, Overlord and Rook pop up on the list might make people think that's all there is to Assault. I'd think you'd want to promote Assault with all the new maps in all their glory, just to show that Assault is actually a really epic game mode!
U think 2 much! stop writting :P

Lol kris ;D for your oldies it's of course no problem to play that map pool. But we have already 2 newcomer teams, who aren't used to any of this maps. So learning 11 maps at once will screw them. Just look on public ut4 servers. Many newcomers are playing on the easy, straight standard maps server, because they told us on the big once they are lost. And nemphis is easy and straight. It's no big deal for you guys to play the easy map pool first and than proceed to the larger maps on the final stage. But the other way for newcomers it is.

Als people know about the larger beauty maps. They are even shown in the trailer and were broadcasted on our 6on6 showcase last week ;)

Thanks for your understanding :) it just can help to get assault more famous.

And I agree..... Get a new PC Kris!!!! And bring Paul and b33r clan back ;))

Fair enough, I'm sure it will get some nice attention either way and ofcourse, fun!
Also, Prometheus, buy a proper PC you numpty!
my almost 10 years old rigg servers me well for playing mass effect, and old rpg games (baldurs gate and such:P) + i wanna go to tahiti this year so i save money for going to the end of the world :P

what's better on tahiti compared to seeing old castles, some egypt pyramid, being on omaha beach, standing in a gladiator coliseum etc. ;) ?!

man, I'd really love to play more, but work just doesn't allow it, to damn bussy, have fun guys :)
(Maybe I'll stream the final ;) )