New graphics card help needed

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

X-Bomb

Aug 16, 2001
London
hi, I decided to finally upgrade, I'm going to get a gtx760.

now my problem. I have a mini tower case, the pci-e slot is so close to the bottom of the case that if I were to put this new graphics card in I would almost be touching the bottom of the case (my previous card was single slot, this one is 2 slots).

the problem is airflow. which version of the gtx760 would be good for getting air out the exhaust at the back of the card, (straight out the case)

I've looked at 3: msi twin frozr, Asus direct cu, & evga super clocked acx cooler

I read people who have sli have this problem when the cards are so close together, so maybe someone with SLI exp has a clue

I'm not exaggerating there really is no real air space so I need to pick carefully, any help appreciated!

nope it's a dell case and cba changing it all, might as well get a new system then and start from scratch. can someone help with a non bn answer, just need to know which gtx 760 is likely to push the air out the back, rather then recirculate in side case

Yeah, my experience upgrading from a 460- to 670 was that my medium-sized case was too small for it. The 760 will be too large for your case (I'm thinking about upgrading to it this week myself) and even too large for the case I upgraded to fit the 670 :(

I've also heard from coworkers that the 760 is too good and causes performance issues in older games by being much better than the required specs. I think Killastone got a 700-series videocard earlier this year so it might be worth asking him when he's done with Thanksgiving and his birthday.