#assault

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Future of AS?

• Total voters
Basically, we are taking summer break here.

If there's enough interest and support, then we can go on, and also do that tournament in winter, I hope :)

not forcing anything on you but since I started pugging again on #utapug it seems community is dead 1 x 6v6 in 2 weeks and mostly 3v3 and 4v4s, so unless we get a move to QN soon (or get some new interest) with new players then i can see more and more players leaving, im continue to play because i havent played for a while so im still a little enthusiastic, but the way things are i dont think its going to last long and i have the feeling other players are the same and the more people that leave, the more of a spiral effect it will have.

I dont think its got anything to do with people being away for summer holidays

edit: now would be a really good time for those players that feel like playing assault again to come back! imo!

Last edited:
taking summer break lol , you either do it or you don't seas, can't wait any longer! X-Bomb is spot on with what he says. If you don't then what everyone thought would happen will happen lol.

Trust me the best reason to keep UT alive is because modern games are going in a very bad direction in my opinion.

online fifa is scripted (game is entirely manipulated to make a team win or lose in game mechanics)

call of duty is mega handicapped to 'help n00bs' ie when someone like wish owns everyone he would get nerfed and the guys that can't kill anything get mega help and stat boosts.

that's just 2 examples that i know of and from what i hear allot of other games will go the same way, to sell more games copies and make more money because n00bs think there good and will play.

UT is old school , and the game is skilled and competitive, that's it's biggest asset combined with the fact also that its totally free to install and play online and you only need a really basic PC to play it.

Even with this i think it will be very hard to promote the game at all to get new players , you would need money and time and effort and it seems you have given up already so it won't happen lol. I think it's inevitable the game will eventually die unfortunately online games have a sell by date unlike a real life sport :(

Last edited: