Lagoon

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

sobo

Not always sober
Jun 19, 2001
Saxony, GER
ive started work on another map because i dont think ulabs would have gotten far (for its an indoor map)

the idea is like ballistic: first part outside, then inside
ive only worked on it for 2 days and ive only made the basic terrain and a bridge

the attackers will spawn at the farther right side(still need an idea what this area could be), the building at the bottom will be soem sort of small boat hangar. the structure at the back is the main base. the hole in the wall will get a large door (similar to the one on the right side) a boat drone can be launched to smash a hole into the doors to enable a third path (first path: along the coast - ill make an entrance to the very left; second path: launching) one or two objectives in the base and after that the indoor part.

im planning to make the opbjectives pretty spammy(the outside ones) to give the defenders a chance at all because atm i think its too easy to assault.

edit: took out screenshot, so the thread is easier viewable and added download some posts below anyway.

Last edited:
ive decided to upload a new version every now and then.
Download
wont change the names to alpha 3214 or beta 4324 so you dont have 200 files of this map when you have a look every now and then.

If you find something strange or want to suggest something post it now because its always easier to implement/fix something while the map is still very simple.

the the boat hangar has now some rooms and a small passage in front of it.

Hm....I like what u did with the bridge......1 half is up a bit....so it's a 1-way passage... :thumb:

only if i put flak in ;) seriously im planning to give the defense a flak in the boat hangar, but in the current version its got two more entrances and a lift to the rear that allows the user to jump to the low high or the roof entrance. so very hard to spam all entrances. especially if a rocket launchee comes in:)

I found a small CTF map i made once, though :-D
I believe it was more of a joke seeing how small the file is. cant even remember whats in it

Attachments

• CTF-Bocadillo.rar
    82.5 KB · Views: 18
I found a small CTF map i made once, though :-D
I believe it was more of a joke seeing how small the file is. cant even remember whats in it

Have you asked Timo if he possibly has either undergroundlabs or lagoon?
Or Datel or Snuggs?

Great that it hasnt been lost ;)

ust downloaded it and it looks like one of the last version and you are right, the macrolayout was bad but it was my first try and i stoped that and started this other map called lagoon which seems to be gone now ;) ulabs was more like a mapping practice trying out stuff and making things work and perform and look good.

maybe ulabs with some alternative routes isnt so bad anyway

Sobo, last week I finished a new version of Saqqara with a little different final, you should approve it!