Pug cup 2012 - betting thread

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1st --> TEAM 1
2nd --> TEAM 2
3rd --> TEAM 3
4th --> TEAM 7
5th --> TEAM 5
6th --> TEAM 6
7th --> TEAM 4
8th --> TEAM 8

5 & 7 make good teams imo, team 7 will be hard for my team to take.

But good job on all the teams. I'm a bit worried about mine already tbh, I hope you have a mic XR :shake:

Ye, I wouldn't be shocked, anything can happen in 3v3, but I agree they look strong on paper.

Comms will hit Team 1 hard - Ulv just talking to himself and getting frustrated. DJ frontman, Ulv backman, Hudz through the middle? Ulv is the only one really talking, so that formation sucks. Problems might appear but DJ is still DJ.

Surprised at Team 3 not getting placed further down in people's estimates. I don't know Phob as a player at all but I'm willing to believe his rating is 'correct'. Blade and Axl are both better players than a lot of people think but by god comms will either be hysterical or just not there :P And Axl doing tacs? Ahahahaha :lol: Sry m8.

Team 4 look really strong to me - Mex is another underrated player, get him the right maps (shocky maps) and he will be a surprise to opponents. Nightwing can launch anywhere and knows all the tricks, and Prom is unstoppable in the mood. I bet on these guys to win the whole thing.

Team 5 look a good paper team too (wtf is html doing way down there?). He has been really good in every competition - I remember being in his team in that 4v4 cup XB staged last year (?) and he never did anything wrong, same in other AS cups. A really strong teammate imo, no bullshit, always comms, always in position, etc. I know nothing about Teks really but we all know Cyborg. I just wonder how much these guys have played lately.

My team... XR was in {24} with me years ago so we know each other and how we play. But that was years ago and I can't remember the last time we even played in a pug at the same time. And afair he doesn't talk on TS, so I just kinda hope he will speak in this cup, because comms will be critical. And me and Term are old sparring buddies from Boomtown :D As everyone knows, we are not strong fraggers, but we do at least know AS. I hope we win a few maps at least :P

Team 7: yeesh, one of the two highest average ratings, I get why. Kaka is another strangely low placement, I would have put him quite a bit higher. I don't know Squirrel (I assume he isn't CS?) but I think comms might be a struggle for this team, if they talk much at all. I think these guys might just try to charge their way through on attack but might have problems with static defenses and iffy tacs. Watch them prove me wrong with an 8-0 drubbing...

If I'm reading the picks correctly I see in Team 8 Pitbull got the lowest rating? Come on now :P Played him in a pug the other day and he was fkin headshotting from across the solar system, pissing me right off. He has constant comms too. Yak is as strong a player as he has been billed but might be out of practise, if such a thing is possible. And I know nothing about Aphex if that isn't a fake nick.

My two cents. I wanted to have these discussions in irc but it's not on this laptop :( Man, I love UTA competitions. Bring on more Survivor!

If I'm reading the picks correctly I see in Team 8 Pitbull got the lowest rating? Come on now Played him in a pug the other day and he was fkin headshotting from across the solar system, pissing me right off. He has constant comms too.

Pit was not lowest rating useless, I said in earlier post that i put the highest rated player wich was me and OD same points with the lowest rated player = hudz.

I was highest cause DJ "D" and OD "O".
So i got Hudz and OD got Skalman who was 23rd place.

3rd players rated was Axl who got Ph*-B*ss who was 22rd and so on.

:)

28mkhe.jpg

1st = Team 2
2nd = Team 3
3rd = Team 5
4th = Team 7
5th = Team 4
6th = Team 1
7th = Team 8
8th = Team 6 (not because of you useless)

good luck :)

Last edited:
I'm determined that it will be because of me :P

Twnz, will you be around for upcoming Survivors? We're thinking of doing one maybe September, and I thought about doing one of my own after that. Fact is we need more good players, DJ getting too cocky :trout:

7,3,8,4,5,1,6,(2)

here were my ratings i didnt have much time because i was tabbed outa tf2 making em in a few mins...
i put od 10 then hudz 4 then added .5 here there till i had to go

Code:
20: OD	10
01: DJ 	9.5
07: Cyborg	9
12: Axl	9
06: Prom	8
09: YaKu	8
04: ULV	7.5
13: Yako	7.5
18: Kaka	7.5
11: VSB	7
16: XR 	7
23: Teks	7
02: Pogo	6.5
10: Nightwing	6.5
15: Useless	6.5
19: Squirrel	6.5
22: Mex	6.5
03: Aphex	6
08: Skalman	6
14: Pit	6
17: Html	6
21: Term	5.5
24: Ph*-B*ss	5.5
05: Hudz	4

Pogo was the one with highest ratings and the one with most diffrent ratings compared with PROM DJ PITs ratings.

:)

Was kinda like 3v1 with the ratings where the American was the Alone Warrior.

Pit was not lowest rating useless, I said in earlier post that i put the highest rated player wich was me and OD same points with the lowest rated player = hudz

Oh, I thought we established in the 3v3 the other day that hudz>pit :P

i think i may be over rated for this cup as i have played a few hours of the game in a whole year tbh.

but i will practice a bit and buy a mic just for useless x

hopefully the cup will be fun , well done DJ for making something happen :)

I love the fact that I got the exact same average as Nightwing, the player who I always felt was the closest thing to a clone of myself in UTA :D

Status
Not open for further replies.