soccer / football thread

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

looking forward to this match.
Ofc i hope that Bayern can slap this sugar-daddy club called Chelsea

jesus chelsea plays awful...just parking the bus. Well, lucky blues that Bayern is too stupid to shot a goal.
Prolly chelsea is lucky like against Barca and wins

The german fans are crai-ing thereelves to sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep boooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmm

not rly. iam not a die hard football fan, but chelski played anti football and didnt deserve it at all.
but thats football, often the undeserved team wins

when u look at the stats, it amazing how lucky /effective cfc was again (like vs barca)
shots off target: 17-3
shots on target: 7-3
corners: 20-1
misses penalties: 1-0

Last edited:
it's not undeserved if bayern can't score. defending and attacking are both part of the game!

all those chances not taken including a penalty mean nothing if they don't take any!

Barcelona are a classic of ball hogging, and imo aren't that good at all. that's just there tactics and it seems to work for them allot of the time, same as chelseas worked for them!

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS \o/ \o/ \o/

bayern56.jpg

Goodbye Didier? :(

Sorry Bart but we don't have the players to play Barca and Bayern at their own game, particularly away from home.

Last night was about keeping it tight at the back, frustrating Bayern, hitting on the counter and hopefully taking what chances came our way which we did, which we did. If we had attacked Bayern's goal for 90 mins would we have got annihilated with the players we had out last night. Was it pretty hell no. Do I care? Hell no. The winner is the team that at the final whistle has the most goals, and that through true grit and determination was Chelsea.

Never thought I'd see Kalou, Malouda, or Boswinga with a Champions League medal. Despite yesterday I hope all three are gone in the summer.

Also to beat the germans on penalties made it even more special:cool:

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS \o/ \o/ \o/

bayern56.jpg

Goodbye Didier? :(

Sorry Bart but we don't have the players to play Barca and Bayern at their own game, particularly away from home.

Last night was about keeping it tight at the back, frustrating Bayern, hitting on the counter and hopefully taking what chances came our way which we did, which we did. If we had attacked Bayern's goal for 90 mins would we have got annihilated with the players we had out last night. Was it pretty hell no. Do I care? Hell no. The winner is the team that at the final whistle has the most goals, and that through true grit and determination was Chelsea.

Never thought I'd see Kalou, Malouda, or Boswinga with a Champions League medal. Despite yesterday I hope all three are gone in the summer.

Also to beat the germans on penalties made it even more special:cool:

also on bayerns home pitch ;( x

tbh i set money that CFC wins. So even i supported Bayern i got something positiv out of the match. :P

So it seems the german teams are tranformed into chokers which forgot how to win :freak:
WC2002: 2nd, CL2002: 2nd, WC2006: 3rd, EC2008: 2nd, EL: 2nd, CL2010: 2nd, Cl2012: 2nd.

So all my money is on germany getting 2nd or 3rd on EC2012 again and again and again :teehee:

t's not undeserved if bayern can't score. defending and attacking are both part of the game!
true words, but that doesnt change the way that i prefer the Bayern/Barca way of playing. and i cant stand teams that defend almost 90mins in their own half and scoring without an attacking effort just by pure luck.

Just imagine you watch a game where both teams parking the bus. That will be horrible to watch.
On the other hand a match with two attacking sides are a joy to watch and much more entertaining.

Like i said before, but unfortunally not always the better team wins.

Also to beat the germans on penalties made it even more special
hehe, well guess the football god wore a CFC jersey yesterday.

Last edited:
I supported Bayern yesterday, and it's a big shame they didnt take profit of the clearly better stats. Football is brutal and so many times the worse team wins it.

And saying it was like chelseas type of playing is defending is a bit strange for me tbh. If this is what they are able to do their defending was like shit looking at their own half ALWAYS with 10 people defending...I would have expected a clearly better defending with 10 ppl + goaly....

Bayern had the chances, good chances AND even a penalty...I mean how many chances do you need to have to score a fucking goal more than chelsea and win this shit.

Bayern had 20 corners = 0 goals

Chealsea 1 corner = 1 goal...thats brutally effective.

Successful football is not always the-most-beautiful-football :P

PS: @ the germans: Ich sag nur: Tja..wenn du die scheiss Bude nicht machst, kassierste eben irgendwann selbst.. :o

Gratz chelsea you deserved it

Fucking horrible victory for a fucking horrible team and Drogba the cunt man of the match. What a horrible match.

To be fair Dave, (this includes you back in 2008) when Stoke have played that exact tactic vs top clubs in the Prem, they get slaughtered by pundits and the press. Chelsea do it and they are branded heroes.

Fair play and i was routing for Chelsea since Terry wasn't playing.

Anyone who is crying about how Chelsea won this can stfu kkthxbai, there is more to fucking football than tippy tappy bullshit on the half way line between your defenders, accumulating 70% possession and thinking that earns you the right to win.

Fuckoff Bayern. Fuckoff Barcelona. Fuckoff.