Only one div? Everyone give his opinion please.

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

VsBlade

Never lose your Hope and Fighting Spirit
Nov 21, 2008
Poland -> Kielce
I thought about only one division.
There are 5 clans in 1st and 3 clans in 2nd.
Those clans from 2nd div will not play any of scheduled matches except us ( PGS -:chainsaw:).
I'm thinking all time about this, and I'm sure one division in StdAs is enough for us.
If clans from HZ, will start play(it equals miracle) admins have power to create 2nd div again.
Who thinks similar to me please comment it. Admins will see the situation and maybe they would make use of it.:snot:

I'm not active user, but in my opinion active uta players should decide how this league should looks

If active players want to play in only one division, then it should be make

League is for players, for fun.

There are loads of clans in the league :confused: http://www.utassault.net/mainfrm.php

ahh how hath times change

It is so sad looking at that, comparing it to what the league is now, and to how big this community used to be. All the different people who have come and gone, never to be seen again. There will probably not be an experience like UTA for me and most other people again :\

>JEDI[V]aster< (div 6) was my first clan. We were all the n00biest of the n00bs, but we still had a lot of fun playing together. I spent years in the lowest divisions, getting beaten week after week, but I didn't mind. Playing with a group of guys that I thought were cool people, and being part of such a thriving and competitive community... it was all I ever needed to have fun.

But now those good times will only ever be a distant memory.... :bawling:

In regards to the thread topic - it is inevitable that we will end up with one division. I hope the admins do it sooner rather than later, but either way I don't think it will make much difference in terms of the overall activity in the league.

My dream compared with UT.

http://web.archive.org/web/20030621164356/http://www.utassault.net/leagues/tables.php?leagueid=1

This website makes me angry. Why i didn't come to this league earlier :((((
I was playing iCTF BT TDM and such of shit parts of UT (but i meet a lot of nice people there too) but i wanted to back it time, start playing assault when this league started. When i see 1st div with 5 clans and 2nd div with 3 clans, and when I'm comparing this to what has to be years ago, I'm creating such a fkn bad feeling inside me :(. I meet a lot lot lot of very nice people now from present clan, how has to be play then. :(:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed:

:lol: thats not what you asked!

I dont believe you can make one division with the current system, the rules in place wont really work.
Currently the HZ teams can challenge anyone in the division above them and they cannot be refused, with 1 division that means any new HZ team can challenge the top place and join the league as leaders if they win, additionally any teams joining and leaving with a large point share could change the way the lower teams get points, you could have a lot gaining points for forfeits.
One division would be beneficial to league play but woud involve changing of the system/rules to make it worthwhile on a competitive basis and that involves someone giving up their time to complete.

You can find as always pro and contra for both solutions. The solution that is since years known and therefore an approved method, is the main reason and fundament to continue with it at the moment.

The pros are predefined games, hz clans that can start to win games in div 2. It gives also clans the ability to reach division 1 out of div 2.

:lol: thats not what you asked!

I dont believe you can make one division with the current system, the rules in place wont really work.
Currently the HZ teams can challenge anyone in the division above them and they cannot be refused, with 1 division that means any new HZ team can challenge the top place and join the league as leaders if they win, additionally any teams joining and leaving with a large point share could change the way the lower teams get points, you could have a lot gaining points for forfeits.
One division would be beneficial to league play but woud involve changing of the system/rules to make it worthwhile on a competitive basis and that involves someone giving up their time to complete.

was meant to ask that ! lol , oh ok fair enough reason!

it all went down the drain as the almighty nonagon left uta ;)

seeing all those old clannames. Boy that was the time back then. Glad that i experienced it for some time back then myself. It was wicked. :)

But not only the simple amount of people changed, also the people behaviour. Everyone is grown up now, have other priorities, other interests and other duties. You've seen alrdy too much and know almost everything. Back then all was quite new.
You saw nearly every two days serious flame wars, pure activity, also real dumbness and joy.

Just browse through some of the old posts / threads. Back then they were entertaining or cool, but nowadays they wouldnt work or would even be deleted / made invisible.

Well, this is why it's all over guys. It's liek riding a nearly dead horse. Enjoy it while it still lasts, even when the horse is damn slow now and has just 3 legs left :(

Dont see the sense of a division when it consists of just 3 teams, even in the new system it sounds just wrong.

Last edited:
As said above, who wants to play what system and how?
Current system or mix it up a bit?
Current system works and is very popular but are there alternatives to consider?
I remember I used to play an american league bitd which was one big division.
Rules were something like, everyone started at the bottom, dependant upon application date ofc.
Teams could only progress by challenging the team immediately above them and winning.
Everyone stayed where they were in the league unless the one below challenged and won.
System could be open to time restrictions or not, depending on whats deemed best.

Hey just off the top of my head, back from the pub with the start of tomorrow's headache, but lets face it it's worth further discussion, no?