Call of Duty - Black Ops Clan

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

1: how do you change your nick in-game?
Change your steam nickname

2: when/how can you change teams? (when i hit escape the change team buttons always seems grayed out)
Dunno.

about killstreaks I still dont understand the whole mechanic, i think i saw a tooltip that said they can be saved inbetween rounds, and i think they can somehow be saved aswell after you die if you dont use them. sooo.
3: is ''saving up'' killstreaks worth it? or should you always use them as soon as you get them?

Depends on the situation, if you have an UAV spy plane ready (3 kills) you can use it, but it's worthless when there is another spy plane in the air(or if your radar is jammed). So save it then. Otherwise it's wiser to use them asap, because the kills you get with the killstreak reward count up so you get more kills + higher kill streaks :D (ps. the kills don't count for your killstreak when you get an item from a /care package)

i'm pretty sure i saw people change nick in-game :S
something like
''moo is now known as mooooo''

also claymores are gay but I use them anyway :D

...and I love the fake gun noise grenades

...and i've been called a hacker already -_- so it begins...

lol am still level 1 with 0 exp.
Cant wait to play with you guys on the server :thumb:
Will install irc and TS again tonight:P
Whats best weapon to buy? Ak47?

Anyone knows how to increase the performance?
Even after the patch it lags sometimes.
Uncap fps limit works? Or should i just turn off AA?
Thanks!

Was there a patch? Probably was doing something else when I started steam?:p

Was great fun yesterday guys, seems we all can aim a bit so that's good. I liked the way teams were working together and how the communication worked out. Xb are you gonna add isD to clan base? We can enter more ladders (modes) because not everyone likes every game mode.

Anyone knows how to increase the performance?
Even after the patch it lags sometimes.
Uncap fps limit works? Or should i just turn off AA?
Thanks!

Have you tried deleting the config file(s) since the patch? Treyarch tweaked the default ones afaik and the game runs much better for me. Before I was playing on 800x600 with everything set to low/off, and I was still getting major fps drops when any action happened. Now I'm on 1920x1080 with med textures, with aa still off, and it seems almost perfect for me so far (although I've only played MP for about an hour since).

Config files should be at "program files\steam\steamapps\common\call of duty black ops\players" - you should of course back them up before deleting them. The Config file is similar to the UnrealTournament.ini file I think, so it shouldn't be too radical to delete it and let the game create a new one.

Fyi, I decided to delete them (the 3 config files in my folder) after reading this thread - http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1579954

Fyi², update infomation - http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1578882
(hopefully once "GPU hitching on certain graphics cards" is done, it should make things even better :D)

Have you tried deleting the config file(s) since the patch? Treyarch tweaked the default ones afaik and the game runs much better for me. Before I was playing on 800x600 with everything set to low/off, and I was still getting major fps drops when any action happened. Now I'm on 1920x1080 with med textures, with aa still off, and it seems almost perfect for me so far (although I've only played MP for about an hour since).

Config files should be at "program files\steam\steamapps\common\call of duty black ops\players" - you should of course back them up before deleting them. The Config file is similar to the UnrealTournament.ini file I think, so it shouldn't be too radical to delete it and let the game create a new one.

Fyi, I decided to delete them (the 3 config files in my folder) after reading this thread - http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1579954

Fyi², update infomation - http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1578882
(hopefully once "GPU hitching on certain graphics cards" is done, it should make things even better :D)

Thx sphere :thumb:
Im gonna try it, hope it works.
:D

I'm looking at this game and it does look awesome.

Can dedicated servers be setup by anyone, or do they have to be bought through authorized partners only?

Can dedicated servers be setup by anyone, or do they have to be bought through authorized partners only?

As far as I'm aware they can be setup by anyone, you'll need XB to confirm that though as he's the one who's bought a server already!

The game is amazing, definitely consider buying it. I can say that there's usually around 6-15 players on TS3 majority of the time playing, not to mention we've got our own server now and clan!

Last edited:

Gameservers.net is the only partner who is allowed to offer their dedicated servers, you aren't able to set-up your own server at all.

Gameservers.net is the only partner who is allowed to offer their dedicated servers, you aren't able to set-up your own server at all.

Thats true, however i seen a few servers from other gaming companies in the server browser (i wonder if gameservers.net have 1st couple of months dedicated hosting rights.... and then its open to anyone to host)

Amazon.co.uk items (Sold by Amazon EU S.a.r.L.):

1 Call of Duty: Black Ops (P... £36.03 1 £36.03

Dispatched via MRW (estimated arrival date: November 19, 2010). :D

In case anyone doesn't know, the irc channel is #isd (irc.assault.net) and that's where most of the discussion takes place.