ACE Testing

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

if you bind something like

middlemouse=say test

does that work?

we need to find out if its your hammerjump bind that doesnt work or your middlemouse button.

could you also try and put your hammerjump bind on another button.

if you bind something like

middlemouse=say test

does that work?

we need to find out if its your hammerjump bind that doesnt work or your middlemouse button.

could you also try and put your hammerjump bind on another button.

- Hammerjump bind to another button works,
- Say test on middle mouse button works, (the fuck :lol:)

DOESNT WORK: (binded to middle mouse)

Aliases[26]=(Command="SwitchWeapon 1 | Button bFire | Fire | OnRelease Jump",Alias=zoink)
Aliases[27]=(Command="onrelease jump",Alias=HJ2)
Aliases[28]=(Command="GetWeapon ImpactHammer|Fire|Toggle bFire|Jump",Alias=Ijump)

Also I tested these in a clean user.ini ... :/

Maybe good to know: I've got Logitecht mx518 gaming mouse with Setpoint enabled (everything goes throught there) with Setpoint UberOptions Never had any problems with it, only since this week.

Another interesting fact, when I join the server the bind works, for 10 secs on middlemouse, after ACE sais LOADED it stops working.

Last edited:
Problem found! => Setpoint, when this proces is ended I have no more problems with the hammerbind.

Problem Solution => Bind a key to you middlemouse button and bind that one correct in Ini, it's kind off a loop, but it doest the trick! (thx to BN!)

Last edited:
I have asked and now have answers for some of your questions :D

Solar, seems that ACE dislikes the way that program is interacting with your OS to alter the mouse settings forcefully. So yes that is the cause.

Raft, find me on IRC for your issue, apparently its not that straight forward.

Diplomat, you need a native version of UT for mac, the cider one wont work properly and most likely wont ever be supported by ACE.

@Diplomat, I can't really figure out wether you're using an emulator to play the game or the native MacOS X client. MyM showed me a part of the serverlog and both CSHP and NPLoader showed you as a windows client (with Direct3D running even). If you're using an emulator/virtual machine: could you tell me which one it is? If you're using the native Mac OS X client: could you tell me how on earth I can install that thing?

** EDIT **
I just googled Mac OS X cider and it seems to be that transgaming wrapper. I'll see if I can get this running...

I tired a kernl extension now and according to all kind of tools (like dependency walker etc) the dll files of ACE work now. Unfortunatly I know get an error saying, that the programm wont run in debug mode or something when i join the server :lol: