So Who Do You Think will Win the WC

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Who will win the WC [15th may poll]

• Mexico

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • France

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Argentina

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • England

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • USA

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Germany

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • The Netherlands

Votes: 13 17.1%
  • Italy

• Brazil

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Portugal

• Spain

Votes: 24 31.6%
  • Someone Else:

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters
As other have said, Germany on paper dont look that good but they have the mentality of winners and so I expect them to go far as usual!
sry but i cant hear that anymore.
No other team in the wc history stood so many times in the final (7 times) and won so less (just 3 times). So talking about Germany "having a mentaly of winning" is just wrong. And i didnt even mention the three 3rd places yet.
Also in ECs it looks depressing (6 finals and just 3 titles).

So overall it just shows that germany has a high rating of choking..

The actual german nationteam has good players (Lahm, Özil, Schweinsteiger, Neuer) and many youngsters too, but somehow i am not very confident for this torunament. guess they will be kicked out pretty soon (quarter or 1/8)

Last edited:
Mentality of winning isn't winning in the sense of trophies, it's about winning important games, pulling through, getting the job done, and Germany is great at that. Sure, mentality can only get you that far and in the end you might lack that special something to actually win the trophy but saying Germany doesn't have the winning mentality is just wrong. I mean, look at England, they're a team without a winning mentality. Spain was team without winning mentality before EC '08.

sry but i cant hear that anymore.
No other team in the wc history stood so many times in the final (7 times) and won so less (just 3 times). So talking about Germany "having a mentaly of winning" is just wrong. And i didnt even mention the three 3rd places yet.
Also in ECs it looks depressing (6 finals and just 3 titles).

So overall it just shows that germany has a high rating of choking..

The actual german nationteam has good players (Lahm, Özil, Schweinsteiger, Neuer) and many youngsters too, but somehow i am not very confident for this torunament. guess they will be kicked out pretty soon (quarter or 1/8)

Bart, are you sure your even German, and from the same planet?!!! :P

Of course Germany has a winning mentality, how else would you even get to 6 finals and win 3 world cups, 6 EC finals and win half of those as well. Cup cempetitions involve a lot of luck, its not possible to win every final even if your the best team as the ref could do sth stupid or the linesman misses a clear goal etc etc

How many other teams have a better record than DE in major tournaments? < I dont actually know the answer to that but im betting its not many.

If England could perform as consistently, when it really matters, I would be absolutely delighted. Seriously you should be proud of your team for they way they play for your country.

You have good players, like those you mentioned, but they are not players who are going to destroy teams on their own ala Messi, ronaldo, kaka (maybe not after this season), torres, villa, etc etc. Imo Germany player for player is not that amazing, together as a team they are always very good.

Champions will be whether Brazil, Argentina or even Uruguay.
Now you might ask why. There is an unwritten rule in the WC history that was only broken once since 1938.

After an european team winning the next champion is from south america and the other way round. :nod:

2006 Italy (Europe)
2002 Brazil (South America)
1998 France (Europe)
1994 Brazil (South America)
1990 Germany (Europe)
1986 Argentina (South America)
1982 Italy (Europe)
1978 Argentina (South America)
1974 Germany (Europe)
1970 Brazil (South America)
1966 England (Europe)
1962 Brazil (South America)
1958 Brazil (South America)
1954 Germany (Europe)
1950 Uruguay (South America)
1938 Italy (Europe)

Last edited:
1962 Brazil (South America)
1958 Brazil (South America)

failed

Sneijder, Robben and van persie will win it all. NL ftw! if not, i hope germany wins

This then would be the first time ever a european country would win on another continent, it's never happend before :P

Usually it is a team that doesn't play so amazing end up winning it. So called "competition" teams that do enough to get through each game. The Italys and the Germanys.

Check 2006. Argentina looked like the best team there and went out. Portugal have done the same in the past. You can have all the skill and finesse you want but when you come up against a tactically sound team like Italy and Germany and maybe Brazil in the past then you will struggle to break them down. Just like Barcelona did vs Inter.

Therefore I think either Germany, Italy or Brazil. Preferring Brazil.

If i had to bet money i would bet it oN Germany or Brazil , but anything can happen and i think England have a chance, who would of predicted Greece winning Euro 2004 before it started lol

Nani injured aswell as (perhaps) Iniesta (again..) he had to be subbed in todays friendly cos of his old injuries. fs this WC is gonna be boring to watch at the rate these players are getting hurt!