Leeennnnaaaaaaaaa

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

not bad but srsly who sings in the mother tongue is always "fucked"
case of Portugal, she sang so well but it doesnt matter and etc...

btw I just heard some singing so I can not say much: P

wtf, she seriously won the european song contest.
This girl (just 19 years old) took part in a casting show two months ago where a candidate for the song contest had been searched.

She was really chilled and has a weird sense of humour and somehow she did it :teehee:

I'm not saying that she dindt' deserved to win :P
as I already said I just heard a few singing so I really don't have a ideia if there was someone better!
but I'm sure if she had sung in German she would not win.

didnt say anything different tiago. Even agree with you, but then: when it's known why dont everyone else sings in "neutral" english?

dunno bart, I think we had some ppl whit singing in english on the casting but they picked her... idd is stupid because we will keep having like 40 points because ppl cant understand what she says...

Who elected your candidate then? A jury or "normal" portuguese people?

Lena was elected by the (german) audience, not because she has an amazing voice (which she hasnt imho), mainly because she is somehow unique and has a hugh presence.
The girl who stood in the final with her of the german casting sow interpreted the song "satelitte" way different and showed her tremendous voice, but overall her attidute and acting was average (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfm-BtdhcFU). From the singing POV it's better compared to lena's version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbM5l1ZPrHw

So what i wanted to say with that: i am sure a jury would have elected Lenas opponent, because she deffo sings better. But singing is not everything, the whole package has to be right.
btw some might think that she's a shy lil schoolirl, but boy she has refreshing humour, is pretty relaxed and has an amazing appearence. Mostly noteable on tv interviews.

Nah, i am not a die hard Lena fan (she's not even my type), i am just impressed by her chilled attidute and she is a person where you think "wow, she has something". Only very few people have that.

Last edited:
i knew she will win when i first time heard that song. UK again last place? wtf?:P

:lol:

The Euro Song contest is seen as somewhat of a joke in the UK and therefore its not taken seriously and we usually peform badly! Not to mention the rediculous political voting that usually goes on, although apparently that wasnt the case this year.

Well done to Germany though!

Awesome performance!!

But still, many of the eastern european countires didn't give points to all the countries that finished in the top5. That's ridiculous, did they even watch the contest or just vote for their neighbours? And next week they start fighting eachother again...

I still wonder why Denmark finished that high and Spain that low :confused:
Nvm, at least the best song won :party:

p.s.: :lol: @ jimmy jump

lol UK's song was really a joke :P It actually litterally looked like a joke lol, could hardly believe that guy took himself seriously :P

Belgium did pretty gud this year!

Germany deserved winner I fink, good energy in the song and no unneeded showmanship and silly 'effects' :P Commentators said the song sounds alot better (even) on record tho, and judging from the youtube link it does indeed ^^ but still ;)

lol UK's song was really a joke :P It actually litterally looked like a joke lol, could hardly believe that guy took himself seriously :P

I haven't seen it (thank god) as im really not interested in the Euro song contest, however its always going to be the case with the UK as none of our proper singer/songwriters would ever want to enter the contest as its not taken seriously at all here (generally speaking). Therfore these random no-hopers get to enter, mainly for ppl to laugh at it seems! :P

Having said that, I think a semi-genuine attempt was made last year or the year before with some Lloyd-Webber song, but it was still shit :lol: