So Who Do You Think will Win the WC

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Who will win the WC [15th may poll]

• Mexico

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • France

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Argentina

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • England

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • USA

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Germany

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • The Netherlands

Votes: 13 17.1%
  • Italy

• Brazil

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Portugal

• Spain

Votes: 24 31.6%
  • Someone Else:

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters
argh, so the doctor of the german national team (he is also the doctor of Bayern) made the netherlands stronger.

doh! http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germ...tar-arjen-robben-thanks-medical-staff-for-his :crap: ;)

England has a good team, but i dont see them winning.
Caused by the usual british football arrogance and selfishness at the end they will fail early like in every other contest since 1966 (prolly except 1996).

... i only hope italy wont do it
me too, i even guess every german football fan signs this.
there is no other football nation germans dislikes more than the italian national team.

We appreciate Brazils, Spain and Portugals skills, the way the Netherlands play offensive (total) football, but the italian team plays "urgh" and miracly often comes far. Hold on.....abit like the german team. ah nevermind :sofa:

Who exactly is going to score the goals for the NL? they don't, imo anyway, have a top-class goalscorer. Huntelaar hasn't had the best of seasons, and Van Persie is more of a forward than a striker. Robben and Sneijder have goals in them but their goals won't be enough.

This is sadly kinda true. Allthough van Persie has at least showed interest in being a CF e lacks the experience for sure. Guess we'll just have to see what'll happen. In friendly matches I've also seen Kuyt take this position, which really doesnt make sense to me.

But the part of our team im worried most about, has got to go to Stekeleburg (GK) :crap:

This is sadly kinda true. Allthough van Persie has at least showed interest in being a CF e lacks the experience for sure. Guess we'll just have to see what'll happen. In friendly matches I've also seen Kuyt take this position, which really doesnt make sense to me.

But the part of our team im worried most about, has got to go to Stekeleburg (GK) :crap:
Oi Kuyt is legendary and attacker/CF is his favoured position!

Cause who else will? :P Imo van persie would be > kuyt on the sides, so I actually prefer kuyt as CF then, also not too bad if he playes with his back towards the goal he can interact well with sneijer on 10. :P

Btw the people that voted argentina :x you know they needed playoffs to qualify cause they failed initially vs the likes as peru/venezuela/chilli :tasty: :lol:

Well CF is also my favourite position, does it mean i should be there? :P

But seriously, afaik he rarely plays as CF at liverpool, so why should he in our national team?
Only because Benitez won't let him when we have the best player in the world up there, Torres! Whenever Torres/Ngog hasn't been fit and sometimes when Ngog has been fit Kuyt has played the CF role and done ok and he always played CF in Feyenoord before joining Liverpool.

I'd like to see African team in final... Cameroon or CIV, but 'Elephants' are in group with Brasil and Portugal so they might have problems to leave group stage...

I voted Argentina, because they are totally unpredictable. :)
Imo there is no one best team now. France, Spain, Italy, England, Brasil, Portugal, USA, Nederlands and Germany have quite even teams, so it can be ful of surprises and good matches WC ;)

Côte d'Ivoire!

Only the African teams will be able to stand 90(+) minutes of BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZIIIIIIIIIIIIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :P

If not them, then I hate to admit it, but probably Spain.

More predictions, because I feel like a total nostradamus:

England won't win even a single match.
Argentina won't make it out of the group phase.

Who exactly is going to score the goals for the NL? they don't, imo anyway, have a top-class goalscorer. Huntelaar hasn't had the best of seasons, and Van Persie is more of a forward than a striker. Robben and Sneijder have goals in them but their goals won't be enough.

Come on lol van the players you just named says enough.

England will get dumped by Portugal. It happens every time, even when they don't meet in the draw. Spain to win vs Germany in the final.

Obviously id love to see England win (sick of seeing us lose on penalties or do sth stupid/get someone sent off and then lose) but I can't see it so I have gone for Spain.

As other have said, Germany on paper dont look that good but they have the mentality of winners and so I expect them to go far as usual!

I was in doubt between holland and spain, ended up voting spain cuz they have a more experienced team I think. I hope mexico do well!