ACE Testing

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

It is already possible to play with UTDC + Windows 7 x64.

I've been running Windows XP within VirtualBox on Windows 7 x64.
It's quite easy. You just make a VM in it with 128MB video ram and turn on 3d and 2d acceleration to max the performance.
Then install guest additions and such. You also need to disable the "mouse integration", else it'll go crazy in UT.

I've tested Tammy's CTF server and it worked fine. In 1680x1050 full screen >60fps OpenGL and with sound and everything. :)
I'm not sure what UTDC version it has but I'm pretty sure it didn't work on Windows 7.

some more ace errors :(

Attachments

• error4.JPG
    error4.JPG
    165.3 KB · Views: 275
  • error5.JPG
    error5.JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:
The one you posted Sat/Sun was resolved in version 0.6n - so thanks for the heads up.

Think I covered those last ones with Anth last night for the next build - but to be sure, zipping and posting the UnrealTournament.log in your system folder would help greatly. Those screenshots cut off half of the output (box isn't big enough to cope with the log), so there's no easy way to tell which part of ACE or NP is causing it.

I take it these were during a map change?

Last edited:
Recent error from todays pug.

I've never crashed so much in one pug! It seems like there are others who are having the same crashes, this ace thing is terrible :/

Attachments

• newerror.JPG
    newerror.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 156
Most will jump on the bandwagon of "respect this because sum1 is providing league with something" and no doubt, nice 1 anthrax but do we really need this? There is approximately 33 players left in the league and we really need a new protection?

Big sigh, 1000 ping in parts and kicks after every map and sometimes during. Think I just wont bother again lol.

We do Torp, Dog servers have an alltime records of cheaters the last couple of months, just to give an example ...

Again, Unrealtournament.log required Twnz, as screenshot shows nothing of use.

And thanks for your 2p Torp, but you're not really helping much. If we don't know what's causing your problems then how are we going to fix it?

I know you don't want comments like that mate but it is just making people not play. The league is almost gone and I think this is a little unnecessay given the stage the league is in. Now if it works then brilliant but I just hope that is soon and if it can't be fixed then it can be removed :|

Oh and I dont know if this helps but I disconnected from the server hoping to avoid the crash and attempted to rejoin some 5 seconds into the new map and it still crashed. Sorry I don't have an available log.

Last edited:
how is it suppose to work without testing torp, jeez

its being tested on #utapug where presumably more mature people will help the coding team iron out said bugs

then it can be implemented in more public areas (dog) with minimal whining.

-1 bug i noticed is i cant swtch off utapug ace server to dog without cshp kickig me in dog
i have to either disconnect in console, then connect to dog
or restart ut straight to dog... no log but i will make one if you need it :)

Oh and I dont know if this helps but I disconnected from the server hoping to avoid the crash and attempted to rejoin some 5 seconds into the new map and it still crashed. Sorry I don't have an available log.

It will do. Unreal Engine runs a 'garbage collection' when it needs to purge objects to free up memory. This happens a lot more often in Assault games due to the size of the maps vs number of players etc - I imagine the likes of MH would be the same too.

It's during this process where UT is bombing out when it tries to resolve bits in ACE which it shouldn't really need to, so Anth is having to "patch" every individual crash caused by a garbage collection.

-1 bug i noticed is i cant swtch off utapug ace server to dog without cshp kickig me in dog
i have to either disconnect in console, then connect to dog
or restart ut straight to dog... no log but i will make one if you need it :)

Yeh, I won't be able to fix that until ACE is on DoG itself, or at least when we hit a stable release. Don't need a log for that, as I already resolved on Pug.