O-MG - preview

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Very nice!
I played it a few times in the earlier versions which still had quite a few bugs but liked it at that point already. It requires a lot of teamplay and if ppl would just walk it through offline a few times and learn it, im sure it will be chosen a lot on pugs as well.

Good job guys!

The video sure helps the map :P brilhant work!

never played the map but it looks really really good lads

fine work :)

A lot of the time it isn't about not knowing the way as an attacker, it is understanding as a defender, where to go after which objective after each spawn, so you can't just test it offline...

IMO, it is nice, parts will be too spammy though and other parts are wayyyy too big for 6v6.

It is very nice to look at though and has some great launch potential, however I really dislike if you don't fully understand the map you could be going the wrong way for nearly 1 minute before you realise you are going the wrong way. Example, the start, going right would be silly and leave you miles away from the early objectives but this isn't clear. Second example the opbjective before the red lasers, when that goes it isn't fully clear that you have to start going the other way...

Potential but very much like Tydium but with better objective ideas.

Which version of Snowdunes?
AL_preview? (The one played last two months)
][AL_beta? (The one with the jumppad aka the one in pug)

The AL version, the one we played the last 2 months, (AND ALSO LAST YEAR) :) , the one with the jumppad isnt that good imo.

<DJ> loooooool
<DJ> my computer hung
<DJ> when shooting those rings
<DJ> hahaha
<DJ> use Critical error message
<DJ> again lol wtf
<DJ> core was destroyed and boom
<DJ> UT hangs and crashes
<DJ> gg

Why??

Any reason?
I play with 1920*1200 highest reso.

does that have something to do with it?
Really strange happed twice now. After shot the "Rings" in practice mode

I could as well reply here since Timo didnt reply to me in irc yet.
When shooting the core (the rings Dj mentioned) my UT crashed with a critical message.
Disabling demorec solves this problem.

I dunno if it´s a local problem or if it´s the same when playing on a remote server though.

Well that's a first for both. Given you haven't really provided me much to work with, I'm not going to get far in fixing it. Maybe a screenshot or Unrealtournament.log would be nice? Come on fs, how many years have I been asking for the same stuff? :P

And not sure what you mean about the cannons? Been testing those for months and they work fine - though I would say all the testing has been done online to ensure multiplay compatibility - were you offline only?

/edit

OK - some assumptions:-

You're both using D3D? - can repro in opengl too.
Only occurs offline? - Tested all scenarios online, and no crash.
The same crash occurs if you shoot the glass at shield control, while recording a demo? (takes lots of shooting).

If so, then it's pointing to an in-game fault with the BreakingGlass actor vs the demorec device, so I'll probably end up writing my own to replace it in the next version which effectively doesn't spawn the glass bits when offline.

Last edited:
Well that's a first for both. Given you haven't really provided me much to work with, I'm not going to get far in fixing it. Maybe a screenshot or Unrealtournament.log would be nice? Come on fs, how many years have I been asking for the same stuff? :P

And not sure what you mean about the cannons? Been testing those for months and they work fine - though I would say all the testing has been done online to ensure multiplay compatibility - were you offline only?

/edit

OK - some assumptions:-

You're both using D3D? - can repro in opengl too.
Only occurs offline? - Tested all scenarios online, and no crash.
The same crash occurs if you shoot the glass at shield control, while recording a demo? (takes lots of shooting).

If so, then it's pointing to an in-game fault with the BreakingGlass actor vs the demorec device, so I'll probably end up writing my own to replace it in the next version which effectively doesn't spawn the glass bits when offline.

Ye, i didnt have the chance to test it online until yesterday evening and both problems were gone. Both were obviously offline problems then.

[...]

wow.

and: big :thumb: for the effort!!

Last edited:

Oh and yes, the same happened when i walked through the glass in the upper sniper tower. Didnt try the shield control though but should be the same thing i guess?

this gonna sound stupid but I can't even pick the map :\
every time I go on maplist and click on the map UT crash...
I use Windows 7 32bit
there's the sshot:

Attachments

• uterror1.jpg
    uterror1.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 145
^
Happens when you have a different texture file of the map's preview (other than the one listed on the mapvote). Replace the map's textures and try again, ofc, if those are outdated you'll probably get a mismatch error from the map itself, so replace that to :P

Map's screenshot is embedded. Though I'd agree, first thing to try is a fresh download and extract +overwrite all files to the right place. The error looks like it can't find a file it requires, or that file is corrupt.

InPos<=Size suggests the latter, it's trying to look beyond the end of a file, so either the download was corrupt, or your disk is full.

Last edited:
disk was almost full and I deleted some stuff and now there's enough space, I replaced all files but still same error.
downloaded map again and replaced all fiiles again and same thing again :\
dunno what to do