Battlefield : Bad Company 2

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

how can u play shooters on a PS? dont get it, after many years of UT u lot adapt to controllers :x

I might get the full for pc if i cba

After playing the Demo a lot , already Preorder the Full Game (PC) .
MP shooter on consoles , bahhhhhhhh .

Maybe because it was for consoles only?

Sure it has bugs. What game/software doesn't.

My beef with EA (and probably Dice) is that they rush games to release and then don't give a crap about fixing the bugs or improving the game once people have bought it.

They just start working on The Next Big Thing™ because they've already got your money.

The only time i've not experienced this was with Value and Team Fortress 2 - regardless of what you think about the game - they are still releasing bug fixes and enhancements for it even though they haven't got anymore money from me.

I like the look of Bad Company 2, the only thing which reallys puts me off is how buggy and bloated all of the previous EA:Battlefield series has been.. bought BF1942, BF2, BF2142 and they didn't fix the major flaws in their game at anytime I played them. I got frustrated and tried to make an effort not to buy anymore EA stuff.

But their marketing and buzz department is so good it's hard not to want it from the demos and trailers.

My beef with EA (and probably Dice) is that they rush games to release and then don't give a crap about fixing the bugs or improving the game once people have bought it.

They just start working on The Next Big Thing™ because they've already got your money.

The only time i've not experienced this was with Value and Team Fortress 2 - regardless of what you think about the game - they are still releasing bug fixes and enhancements for it even though they haven't got anymore money from me.

I like the look of Bad Company 2, the only thing which reallys puts me off is how buggy and bloated all of the previous EA:Battlefield series has been.. bought BF1942, BF2, BF2142 and they didn't fix the major flaws in their game at anytime I played them. I got frustrated and tried to make an effort not to buy anymore EA stuff.

But their marketing and buzz department is so good it's hard not to want it from the demos and trailers.

Well ... except for the fact that BFBC2 crashed for me twice yesterday i found most of the bugs reported in beta fixed.
I think hosting companies are still working on servers so they may go offline randomly but i guess it's just a matter of days to settle things down. After all it was a release day.

About single player .... seriously don't even bother. It sux big time. If you first play SP and then go play MP with your uber SP skills you gonna get owned so hard that you never want to play it again. Mostly because the guns are more accurate and have more damage then in NORMAL MultiPlayer so it's easy as hell to kill the bots.
I bolded NORMAL because there is also HARDCORE mode which in fact is exactly what this game should be in standard.
HARDCORE servers are awesome!
Some differences:
- you have no crosshair, you have to use your weapons sights
- no spotting,
- no minimap,
- no enemy indicators of any kind
- weapons have more damage
- game speed is higher (you can run & drive faster)
- and probably some more which i cant recall atm.

Tbh comparing closed beta tests from BF2142 and BFBC 2 i was really surprised that there was no critical bugs in BC 2. Mostly some annoying or not really important ones.

BF2142 is still not fixed i hate EA for that... anyway as i bored of 2142 i give BFBC2 a shot. I just bought it at store LE for 44€... lets see whats going on there...

pffffffff not even released yet... and already patch download... ARG!

what defnetly is an improvment to BF2142 you don't need to insert CD/DVD to drive... GJ! And Punkbuster Setup is included and automaticly updating BEFORE the game is running is also a plus!

Last edited:
Well my first thought at this game was: IT SUCKS! Not worth any money to buy it...
But at a second try i got better with it, still not my favourit but hey some fun and not worst game ever. Maybe the sentence "Game experience will change during online gameing!" is true and I just need some time to discover the fun...

Fist of all EA released this game too early again... i mean it runs 100% stable at my system but there is a major bug with pings. BFBC2 has pings 70-180 at all servers... thats total bullshit. Sure some servers could have high ping but not ALL, and its everyone not only me... (comparing to BF2142 i have Ping 16-70 at EU servers)

So its real hard giving HS...

And i think the game is very unbalanced... going online at servers with console players is like hell... At first start you have crap weapons and no real chance at the battleground... after some unlocks you may survive long enuff to kill some enemys... But the console players have just too many experience and unlocks to hunt you down even if they totaly suck in skill.... (comparing to 2142 there you start with some really usefull weapons and can do good without any unlock...)

Then i totaly miss:
prone - why can't soldiers do that in BFBC2? only crouch... wtf?
Communication menue - like in BF2142, giving out taunts like "thanks", "go there" and "need backup" would be nice... why not? Also spotting is only if you lock on enemy? Why, wtf... jus manually say "watchout sniper there..." is needed to stay in cover
weapon balance - some weapons are much too powerfull, some are totaly useless... i've already seen machine guns doing much better long range shots than any rifle... also engineers seem to be so overpowerd... havin Anti-Tank and very good rifles... wtf...
say to squad - you can chat ALL and TEAM but to squad dind't work... hmpf

What i not figured out/and dislike:
the bluring effekt is good looking... also all this shaking and grafic effecs but hell they just disturb you from aiming... i changed the settings to LOW (with isn't big diffrence) but it already maykes it easier to game and spot enemys...
All snow maps suffer from too much bluring... they are like Verdun in BF2142... crap to play...
Howto disable crap russian sound? I already hated that at BF2142 but ther you ccan disable it...

And of course this game is full of Bugs, you can destroy a bulding with you tank but get stuck at a STOP sign...
Also you can't run someone over with a Tank... gj...

and and and....

btw the awards in BFBC2 are crappy too... anyone will get them all... even if he sucks... just play long enuff and you'll get it... in BF2142 it was relly a pushing element... someone who has the War College Ribbon knows how to play... someone who has a TitanDestruction Gold Bage knows how to attack...
Going for some Awards was allways big fun and sometimes envolved a full squad to give 1 person a special award... and the teamplay in that squad was just perfect...

In BFB2 theres really rare teamplay...

Ah yeah 1 more thin i totaly not understand... Why can soldiers run ALL the time? It's like you can do marathon with just full combat equip... ?

Anyway i', back to the game now...

derZ

Well my first thought at this game was: IT SUCKS! Not worth any money to buy it...
But at a second try i got better with it, still not my favourit but hey some fun and not worst game ever. Maybe the sentence "Game experience will change during online gameing!" is true and I just need some time to discover the fun...

Fist of all EA released this game too early again... i mean it runs 100% stable at my system but there is a major bug with pings. BFBC2 has pings 70-180 at all servers... thats total bullshit. Sure some servers could have high ping but not ALL, and its everyone not only me... (comparing to BF2142 i have Ping 16-70 at EU servers)

There are no dedicated servers for Bad Company 2. EA is hosting all of them, unlike BF2142 where you can rent and host your own servers. I'd say that's the difference. And that is why everyone is experiencing high latency on all servers.

Last edited:
how spitter, all servers i found have high ping?

btw... what are your BFBC2 names?

mine is [^dErzOnk^]

and the server show a ping between 16 and 300, normally i play at 31 ping Rush servers... but in game the ping (behind death before points) is allways above 100 to all players... btw the scoreboard is bugged... :clap:

any grafik tweaks usefull tro reduce blur and smoke?

This is true IF you played other less realistic game before. When you move your screen and weapon moves as well not to mention BF was never a Run'N'Gun game so running and shooting at the same time makes your gun mega inaccurate. . It's a matter of getting used to it.

I have no idea what they did with pings. I don't know if they are real or bugged client side showing higher pings. There was no pings at all in beta.

So its real hard giving HS...

Whaaaaa? Are you serious? Sometimes i'm going big fat WTF when i see i headshooted someone with some really weird shot. Headshotting intentionally isn't hard at all. Just aim well ... lol.
On long distances you have to remember about bullet dropping.

And i think the game is very unbalanced... going online at servers with console players is like hell... At first start you have crap weapons and no real chance at the battleground... after some unlocks you may survive long enuff to kill some enemys... But the console players have just too many experience and unlocks to hunt you down even if they totaly suck in skill.... (comparing to 2142 there you start with some really usefull weapons and can do good without any unlock...)
I can't agree on this with you. Just like in BF2142 standard weapons are good enough. I just unlocked AUG and i was really horny for this gun as i love it in Combat Arms however i got very disappointed. It should be one hell of a pownage riffle but the truth is it's not THAT much different then any other Assault Riffle including those standards.
I just played with really good players and i got owned. They were using only standard non-unlocked AR's and i used AUG. Again a matter of getting used to. I really dislike how they made those weapons but nothing i can do about it.

Then i totaly miss:
prone - why can't soldiers do that in BFBC2? only crouch... wtf?
It's not that bad. I wasn't happy at first but then i played BF2142 again few times and changed my mind quickly. Dice said they removed prone to avoid "dolphin diving" tactics which i personally hate and it's being abused in all BF's. Now i don't see this any more in BC2 and i'm happy.

Communication menue - like in BF2142, giving out taunts like "thanks", "go there" and "need backup" would be nice... why not? Also spotting is only if you lock on enemy? Why, wtf... jus manually say "watchout sniper there..." is needed to stay in cover
weapon balance - some weapons are much too powerfull, some are totaly useless... i've already seen machine guns doing much better long range shots than any rifle... also engineers seem to be so overpowerd... havin Anti-Tank and very good rifles... wtf...
say to squad - you can chat ALL and TEAM but to squad dind't work... hmpf
Totally. Why the fak they removed it i don't understand. This automatic Q right now sux in every possible aspect. You may see someones head and you can try to spot him but you may end up breaking your keyboard because there is some gay anti-Q-spam shit which prevents spot spam BUT it also fooks valid spots by ... not spoting.
Spotted player needs to be clearly visible. You can't spot someone hiding in bushes.

What i not figured out/and dislike:
the bluring effekt is good looking... also all this shaking and grafic effecs but hell they just disturb you from aiming... i changed the settings to LOW (with isn't big diffrence) but it already maykes it easier to game and spot enemys...
All snow maps suffer from too much bluring... they are like Verdun in BF2142... crap to play...
Howto disable crap russian sound? I already hated that at BF2142 but ther you ccan disable it...
I don't know and i don't like that bloom effect as well.
The russian sounds can be turned off in SETTINGS > SOUND > last two options. I don't know how they are named in english or german but i already turned it off on my BF ^^

And of course this game is full of Bugs, you can destroy a bulding with you tank but get stuck at a STOP sign...
Also you can't run someone over with a Tank... gj...

and and and....

btw the awards in BFBC2 are crappy too... anyone will get them all... even if he sucks... just play long enuff and you'll get it... in BF2142 it was relly a pushing element... someone who has the War College Ribbon knows how to play... someone who has a TitanDestruction Gold Bage knows how to attack...
Going for some Awards was allways big fun and sometimes envolved a full squad to give 1 person a special award... and the teamplay in that squad was just perfect...

In BFB2 theres really rare teamplay...
LOL we reported that bug with STOP sign in closed beta tests and they didn't fixed it ^^
Awards ... well if you played well with lots of teamwork you had tons of pins in BF2142 as well. Look my BF2142 stats. :P

Teamplay ... it's always a matter of players, not the game. BFBC2 requires teamwork in every possible mode it has. If you're in a squad with no teamplay change it asap. Snipers are crap and useless. Play only with mechanics, medics and assault's.
Noobs running around but never with you or just camping will kill the fun for sure.

Ah yeah 1 more thin i totaly not understand... Why can soldiers run ALL the time? It's like you can do marathon with just full combat equip... ?

Anyway i', back to the game now...

derZ
It's not that bad. Unlimited stamina comes handy when you have to run from one end of the map to another. Can't really complain about it.

My IGN: brajan

Yeah well i forgot most time the bullet drop... now HS is much better, but i find it still very unbalanced... sometimes i hardly can see someone i want to snipe, and hes shooting me with an machine gun.. wtf?

Most annoying i couldn't connect to masterserver at friday evening... wtf?

As i checked your BF2142 Brajan i see that you have most awards, but still your missing:

15 Titan drops in one Round... omg that award is so hard to get even with a squad helping you...

Most difficult award "War College Ribbon" you'll never get it and i started a new soldier to finally get it...

But in BFBC2 its just like you'll get the awards... you never have to go for a iOR... i played many more rounds in BF2142 just to get the iOR requirment... i remeber failing Awards just by one Kill, then i tried even harder next round... but hey also you get satisfied when you make it finally...

@brajan whats the AUG? really have no idea...

For BFBC2 i think the Engineer is far ahead of any class, just use the Antitank vs soldiers and its like you have much more granates... then you have also very good rifles... really a sniper has no chance even at long distance..
(this maybe will change with lower pings - but pings are so high that you can't aim... you have to aim into movement AND 170 ping... no way)

so long... i'll install BF2142 tonight again, maybe i'll play that or BFCB2..

derZ

Yeah well i forgot most time the bullet drop... now HS is much better, but i find it still very unbalanced... sometimes i hardly can see someone i want to snipe, and hes shooting me with an machine gun.. wtf?

Most annoying i couldn't connect to masterserver at friday evening... wtf?

As i checked your BF2142 Brajan i see that you have most awards, but still your missing:

15 Titan drops in one Round... omg that award is so hard to get even with a squad helping you...

Most difficult award "War College Ribbon" you'll never get it and i started a new soldier to finally get it...

But in BFBC2 its just like you'll get the awards... you never have to go for a iOR... i played many more rounds in BF2142 just to get the iOR requirment... i remeber failing Awards just by one Kill, then i tried even harder next round... but hey also you get satisfied when you make it finally...

@brajan whats the AUG? really have no idea...

For BFBC2 i think the Engineer is far ahead of any class, just use the Antitank vs soldiers and its like you have much more granates... then you have also very good rifles... really a sniper has no chance even at long distance..
(this maybe will change with lower pings - but pings are so high that you can't aim... you have to aim into movement AND 170 ping... no way)

so long... i'll install BF2142 tonight again, maybe i'll play that or BFCB2..

derZ

AUG => http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karabin_Steyr_AUG
It's unlock in assault class in BFBC2.

Try unlocking all guns in Assault ... or at least M416. I'm sure you gonna like it ... OR unlock G36 in Medic. Both guns are sick accurate.
I don't know about mechanics because i simply hate this class. Every time i play with this i end up with negative ratio. Imho Assault and Medic owns mechanics at long and mid distances. In short distance ... well if someone shoots RPG 1m away from you you are pretty much dead which is fair and more realistic for me. It's not like it has some wicked huge radius of damage. It's reasonable.

As Recon ... M24 is rubbish. I played with Saiga + C4 until i unlocked that magnum thingie. It finally has a faking normal non blured and non 18th century scope. I got about 6000 pts left for the last unlock Barreta.

EDIT:
I just got it. It ownz. Most of the time 1 hit = frag but it's slow and very loud. You can shot the gunner inside the chopper with it.

I'm a deffo infantry guy. I don't really like all the junk driving/flying all over the map but i won't whine about it. It's in a game so let it be.

As for "War College Ribbon" in BF2142. I never get it because you can't earned it playing fair. Ppl switch teams to get their w/l ratio for this badge and this is not my style. You simply don't choose your team and you can't win alone as well so no matter how hard you'll try you won't always win to get 2 w/l ratio.

Now lets do some rants.
Rant One:
EA/DICE are faking brainless dickheads. They released a game but wasn't expecting so much traffic (that's what the wrote on their blog).
WTF?! They already killed 1/3 of internet when releasing beta so now they didn't expected a high traffic? There where hundreds of thousands of players during those tests and they fell surprised now.
For example i can't play right now because my game can't connect to some gay ancient EA Online servers. What a bunch of idiots!

Rant Two:
Punkbuster ... i don't know if it's the game or PB but there are very few servers that actually runs it and if you can join them there is a huge chance that you'll get kicked with some "INIT FAIL" message. It's the first time when EA/DICE allowing ranked servers with PB off and i don't understand why. You can meet tons of noobs on steroids sniping you from other end of the map with M60 ... and guy says "i got magnum bullet unlock" .... woot?! Ya whatever!
End of rants.

Last edited:
Ahhhh the AUG is for BFBC2... thought you mean it was in BF2142...

well i choosed sniper to get a start learning the maps, if i would go directly into the field my chance to survive would be very smalll... so i learn the map by beeing sniper somewhere in the woods or hiding somewhere else...

the fisrt Sniperrifle M24 is the best for the start and until you have the GOL unlocked theres no better rifle... so you just unlock weapon but what you really need is the 12xScope and the Mortar strike or C4....
The GOL has so much firepower that it's really an improvment to the M24... the ScopeHUD is worse but you get used to it.

I'll go Medic next that also my favourit class at BF2142 and i really hope not the get disappointed in G36... i really loved that gun when i had it in my own hands... Accuracy is totally awsome... you could learn every child to use it... just put red point at target and u'll hit, well for 200m,400m and 800m you have the normal ScopeHUD with distance bars...
i really hope it will be same in BFBC2...

But here another "realistic" bug... why have the drum magazine to that gun? Means you have 100bullets in one magazine... and also the rack, you can't use it untill you prone... (ah yeah prone is off)... that way you turn the G36 in a fucking machine gun, and wtf its still an assault rifle...

The Chopper in BF2142 is so hard to fly... no comparison to BF2142 (there i'm a good pilot)... in BFBC2 i just not jump into a helicopter... cause i can't fly it... or another n00b is tring to fly it and i'll get wasted.... or someone can fly it but using gatlinkgun at highping 170 sucks again....
But leaving a helicoper at the ground at RUSH mode is one fail for the attackers... so you need it but noone can fly it... arg :(

i play only at Punkbuster Servers, cause i know from BF2142 there are so many cheaters out there... and even with PB on there still can't be stopped totally (keybinds for RDX and Diving... etc etc...) really keeping an BF2142Server clean of cheaters is a full time admin job...
But at BF2142 i had to update PB manually, then let it through Firewall and get some Rounds of Punkbuster fail... then it works okay...
In BFBC2 i really love the Autoupdate in Startup... and test before game starts... then it works perfect!!! I have no problem with PB at all...

EA/DICE are of course Dickheads... they allways release non finished games... they patch till worst stuff is fixed... then just go for the next game and never finish fixing all bugs... They have massive Server problems... dunno what ape is doing server maintanace but how is it possible to shut down the masterservers... damn then its impossible to play the game at all cause you need to log in... ARG fucking "you must be online to play" politics...

And yeah they just should use the money the get for the game to put up enuff servers... but looks like they use the coustomer money to do something else...

"EA can suck my balls, the E can suck the right ball and the A can suck my right ball..."

i didn't had the time to play last days... i realy want some BF again but still to busy...

hope i'll play it soon :)

dErZ

Heh just add me to your friendlist and play some infantry maps with me. I always rush so expect a lot of action going on all the time. If my squad sticks together supporting each other we almost always are getting that gold squad pin thingie. A lot of fun and action guaranteed.

Campers? Well they are in my dogtag collection (over 340 already).

About G36.
Yeah it's an AR. I really like it in Combat Arms because it's made exactly like it should but in BC2 they turned it into MG. It's still a good gun but nothing to do with real one.

Last edited:
My goodnes Brajan, fanboy much? :P

Maybe. I just missed that great teamplay it has. I wasn't playing BF2142 for a long time since i got bored with it but now i fell i'm back again into BF's :)
In BF2142 i ranked up to General with 3 characters so i guess you can imagine how much time i spent playing it.
Right now i'm Bosman II in BC2 which is 28th rank afair. Full assault, medic, recon and global unlocks. Only shitty mechanic left :p