Incarnation - t3h UT1 community movie

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Movie was well done and frags were good, ok some were not that big but some actually were.
I'm pretty sure the movie would have been better with less frag and more editing, i mean, seeing the frag from different angles or adding some sort of storyline/explanation (like it's 1-0 with 30 sec left and that guy did an amazing run) etc. But i guess it would have been much more work lol

Don't post ur movie if u can't handle critics/flames. Remember where ur posting it .. :lol:

Another person who didn't take the time to send in even 1 demo and starts crying of old glory and that assault is THA BOMB. Well if assault was THA BOMB for movies then you'd have that staring in such as Fooze and XSU gold now wouldn't it??

Why Deck and the rest of the maps?? Because they are good maps!! Why Ut1 and not Ut3? Because Ut1 is a good game and Ut3 is just a total rape of the good game!

Use you common sense for once, if you enjoyed playing those other maps so much why wouldn't you take the time to send it in for the movie? It is easy to comment so shit about a movie that you had no part in whatsoever.

All those people whining and moaning should for one make a movie themselves, hell getting all the demos for making a movie would already put them of 10 months before!

So how about some respect for the NON LAZY people out there that actually try to to make or help in creating a creative piece for your enjoyment. Instead of the shitty fuck comments that make no sense whatsoever since people dont do shit.

God people can be idiots! Make a movie before crying!

Not saying im agreeing with cutter here.

But man you seem to be retyping the same nonsense. You dont have to be able to do something urself in order to judge something now do you? Look at all the ppl judging the actions of footballplayers on the field. Could they have done it themselves? Hell no! Are they right about their commentary? They might be.

Just suprised you keep jumping into defensive mode as soon as some1 has anything negative to say about this movie...

Another person who didn't take the time to send in even 1 demo and starts crying of old glory and that assault is THA BOMB. Well if assault was THA BOMB for movies then you'd have that staring in such as Fooze and XSU gold now wouldn't it??

Why Deck and the rest of the maps?? Because they are good maps!! Why Ut1 and not Ut3? Because Ut1 is a good game and Ut3 is just a total rape of the good game!

Use you common sense for once, if you enjoyed playing those other maps so much why wouldn't you take the time to send it in for the movie? It is easy to comment so shit about a movie that you had no part in whatsoever.

All those people whining and moaning should for one make a movie themselves, hell getting all the demos for making a movie would already put them of 10 months before!

So how about some respect for the NON LAZY people out there that actually try to to make or help in creating a creative piece for your enjoyment. Instead of the shitty fuck comments that make no sense whatsoever since people dont do shit.

lol funniest being cutter didn't even mention assault in his post. someone needs to learn how to read :lol:

Besides, people aren't allowed to state their opinion anymore? Then why bother promoting the movie in here to begin with? You really need to calm down man, you're making neither us nor the creators any service by acting like a complete child.

I enjoyed it, but a bit to much of the same frags repeating themselves in slightly different ways. Well done.

I enjoyed the posts from Orchid even more, I fell off my chair laughing.

Hi all, just to say that paradigm- and bleh- are the same person for who didnt know!

I'm new on this Forum but too old on this game!

Hi there Orchild you f4g :D old times on {RiP}!

;P

And going back to Topic i must agree with some things Orchild says, nowadays UT on igib and classic too mutch players using cheats!
The most played Maps on UT ever are Deck16, Liandri, DavidM, on CTFnw are Orbital, Face, etc etc, some movies are "Deck16" based and other knowed maps, try to play Deck 24/7 and you almost can play that map with your eyes closed
even today i arrived from work played 1 deck and got 6 ownage kills, well easy is too say that i play this for 10 years!

Well if Orchild remembers me he knows the time i played on RiP i was a TOP player but since i start seeing "multiplus communitys" like igib, classic, Assaulters always whining about stupid stuff i just play for fun!!

Same Game, Diferent Mods, we all need to see the "hard" way of all mods!

Good Luck all

Last edited:
Hi all, just to say that paradigm- and bleh- are the same person for who didnt know!

I'm new on this Forum but too old on this game!

Hi there Orchild you f4g :D old times on {RiP}!

;P

And going back to Topic i must agree with some things Orchild says, nowadays UT on igib and classic too mutch players using cheats!
The most played Maps on UT ever are Deck16, Liandri, DavidM, on CTFnw are Orbital, Face, etc etc, some movies are "Deck16" based and other knowed maps, try to play Deck 24/7 and you almost can play that map with your eyes closed
even today i arrived from work played 1 deck and got 6 ownage kills, well easy is too say that i play this for 10 years!

Well if Orchild remembers me he knows the time i played on RiP i was a TOP player but since i start seeing "multiplus communitys" like igib, classic, Assaulters always whining about stupid stuff i just play for fun!!

Same Game, Diferent Mods, we all need to see the "hard" way of all mods!

Good Luck all

SilverGuns! {RiP}^*EvolutioN*^ here! ;)

How's it going?

Heyyy sup Evo :D

i'm seeing this is all ex{RiP} members :P

i saw another RiP member some time ago and he called me "SilverGuns from RiP legends :D" muahah "ego"

So evo now u playing Assault ?

i might start playing a bit assault, because Cyborg always brainstroming me to play on his team :P!

see you around :D

LOL
Why do u take it so seriously ?
we all agree that the quality and editing in this movie is amazing(really amazing!!!) but that doesn't mean we have to like all the frags (some were amazing and some were ok)

Chill man, ppl have the right to say what they want

bong was terribly stoned (to quote him: "after a while i just stopped moving and was laughing so much" ... aaand he also said he had eaten his microphone :D) when they played that 1on1 and yes, I agree that if they had played some sort of WCG 1on1 it would've never happened. But on the other hand what would you do if you had a demo 4x monster kill in 1on1 on deck ... (yes, it has NEVER happened before)

About the other frags - I'm not gonna comment on every single one of them. Though, in my life I've seen like 5 monster kills on orbital/terra and no, I don't really think it's the same like sniping in assault where (like smbdy pointed out earlier) ppl come from the very same spot and keep going in certain direction. You see, that's how CTF does not work - the goal is not to "get there and do smtin". It's all about the flag which IS in motion, thus the situation changes every second.

About vejiita's "monster kill": if you watch it properly you will realize it's ultra kill with added "monster kill" message as the last kill comes too late, plus it was indeed played-for ... well that's kinda obvious isn't it.

For those saying "there should be more assault footage" - guess you should've sent your demos huh

I also agree that if the movie contained like twice less frags it would probably be better and stuff like that. But I wanted to make a community movie and have as many people as possible in the movie. Hence 50 featured players and "worse" frags.

Where I'd mark this movie down on is the map choice - Agony, Codex, Curse, Deck16 and Liandri. OH MY GOD! NOT AGAIN! Can we please have some different maps in UT movies? This movie was far better when it left these maps behind and showcased some different maps.

People don't play any other maps. When you play UT competitively you always have a set of maps which are played. That's actually a big plus in this movie - most kills are done on (VERY) skilled people, though I understand that probably doesn't mean anything to you.

Incarnation just ticks all the boxes for yet another boring Deck16 sequence. Tunnel camping? Check. Shield belt combos? Check. Lift combos? Check. Lift rockets? Check. I hate to say it, but all done years ago in the Fooze movie. It might have been fresh back then (although most of the Fooze movie was staged) but it isn't now. It just shows a lack of imagination.

I don't really know what you mean by tunnel camping so I will just skip that.
Shield belt combos - there indeed are two combos in belt area (wow so many?) and none of them is the usual boot-jump-combo stuff. I agree that they are not the best frags in the movie and wouldn't be used if our goal was to make the best frag movie ever .. I was just being nice and used them, sue me. And no, I don't really count fusie's double kill as "shield belt combo" and in my opinion it's one of the best frags.
Lift combos - one atypical combo from a japanese guy.
Lift rockets - again, there is not a single rocket kill where a guy just hits another one when he's jumping off the lift.

So that's like 3-4 frags out of 120.

Camping at the end of a long map / tunnel? Check. Sniping players just out of their spawnpoint? Check. Camping doorways and other choke-points with rockets? Check. Again, this movie was far better when it showed sprees in open, free-flowing play. Monsters scored in those circumstances are much more impressive than yet another "yawn-I-wonder-how-many-kills-I-can-rack-up-before-the-guys-on-the-other-team-get-bored-of-my-spawncamping-and-leave-O-rama" type sequence.

Camping at the end of a long map - guess one has to actually play CTF to understand those kinda kills. Though I assure you that none of the players featured in this movie was camping - you simply can't afford that in CTF.

Now, if you could combine that presentation with say a great movie of the capture of an assault map showing great team tactics and launches being defended / launchers being picked off mid-air, or some sprees on non-standard DM maps, that would be something.

You people keep forgetting that Incarnation is NOT an assault movie :]

Last edited:

People can just give their opinnions on things.. no reason to burn em down like that..
Of course it's hard work to make a movie... But everyone in the creative business knows that a complete masterwork (in the eye of the maker) can be burned down completely by the audience.. Artists face that all the time and good ones can handle it.. I'm used to it by now and every form of criticism only helps me in the process of becoming a greater artist..

and to be honest I agree with most things he said! The movie itself is not superbly creative. Most of the visual stuff is copied by the work of andrew kramer from videocopilot.net and other tutorials! It's perfectly implemented though.. no discussion on that.

reacting like this is only showing your weakness tbh! don't let the audience fool you.. take criticism as something useful

It isn't my movie. It is the same lame critisz from people who stumbled upon the movie, never did any prior thinking to how much work it is and what the proces actually involves nor what the creator wanted to achieve. Like it being a community movie, rather then a frag movie. So yes I can give my oppinion just as well telling them to do some more thinking next time on their behalf, which would just be nice. That's all.

Brainrain I added to the creativity the fact that is the first and only UT movie out there that allows for demos from ALL mods and ALL players (not just europian or american for that matter).

Last edited:
lol funniest being cutter didn't even mention assault in his post. someone needs to learn how to read :lol:

Besides, people aren't allowed to state their opinion anymore? Then why bother promoting the movie in here to begin with? You really need to calm down man, you're making neither us nor the creators any service by acting like a complete child.

He said "Now, if you could combine that presentation with say a great movie of the capture of an assault map showing great team tactics and launches being defended / launchers being picked off mid-air"

How about you learn to read ;):rofl:

It isn't my movie. It is the same lame critisz from people who stumbled upon the movie, never did any prior thinking to how much work it is and what the proces actually involves nor what the creator wanted to achieve. Like it being a community movie, rather then a frag movie. So yes I can give my oppinion just as well telling them to do some more thinking next time on their behalf, which would just be nice. That's all.

Brainrain I added to the creativity the fact that is the first and only UT movie out there that allows for demos from ALL mods and ALL players (not just europian or american for that matter).
So a hollywood movie that is in production for a year/14 months and then released to the public is good because the audience has to think about all the creative work that went into the making? Your arguments makes no sense, think before you speak :lol:

Alright, so he mentioned assault once and yet you go after him and that one comment like he's the antichrist or something. Chill dude, chill. We are all entitled to our opinion (and to voice it, should we choose to) as are you but there's no need for all of this raging imo :sofa:

But everyone in the creative business knows that a complete masterwork (in the eye of the maker) can be burned down completely by the audience.. Artists face that all the time and good ones can handle it.. I'm used to it by now and every form of criticism only helps me in the process of becoming a greater artist..

Absolutely agreed.

Most of the visual stuff is copied by the work of andrew kramer from videocopilot.net and other tutorials! It's perfectly implemented though.. no discussion on that.

I wouldn't really say most ...

I am afraid neither mod offers a lot in terms of WTF shots.

Im quite surprised as Wish should have a million of them but only managed to dig up some 3 year old shit not beeing spectacular at all.

Or in fact, no i´m not very surprised at all...

The movie overall was nice to see, well made.

true, i think the movie still kicks ass.
in my opinion it is the best ut movie of all time
(similar to mercurial and get quaked 3 for quake).

of course editing-wise (how is that glowing map-in-map portal done and stuff?? i mean to make it fit so perfectly, don't you have to have some kind of pattern tracking?), but also 90% of the frags were outstanding imo. i mean, i shook my head after every second scene and told myself how incredible that stuff is. and i also know this game for 10 years now and i watched gitz' 1v1 demos, too :D

so to sum it up: wiz4 (and subz, right??) -> great job!! (best ever imo)

So a hollywood movie that is in production for a year/14 months and then released to the public is good because the audience has to think about all the creative work that went into the making? Your arguments makes no sense, think before you speak :lol:

Alright, so he mentioned assault once and yet you go after him and that one comment like he's the antichrist or something. Chill dude, chill. We are all entitled to our opinion (and to voice it, should we choose to) as are you but there's no need for all of this raging imo :sofa:

relax mate, it is just words on a screen that you're reading. dont get all scared now :)shout:)

They waited for 14 years to make the Avatar script into a movie, I'd say that has payed off since it is released in my time and I loved the movie and yes they waited 14 years so that the technologie was there so they could be creative with that.

So pointless counter argument there, totally no reference to the former argument. So what are you talking about?

Enfin I dont care. Ofc you're entitled to your own oppinion, just would be nice if some of it would actually make sense for once. But then again, this is assault. More quantity then quality, which doesn't go for the demos though.