Suspended/Banned/Cheaters - Pitbull

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

just remembered something which was said in my case so im probably wrong :S but cba explaining that now

so basically what you are saying is that almost 100% of the pug and league-games are clean and only public servers are affected by cheats. i doubt it but lets hope the best.
i see why admins don't want to talk about their cheat-protection but it's rather annoying for a common user to know jackshit about how well or badly we're protected.

What a nonsense.

It's true there was a lot of flaming in 2003/04 but it was in no way close as to how it is now. Most flames were match related, especially without the auth system and the merc abusing (think nWo.) and so on, or some clans being lame and not sitting when they agreed on doing so etc.

Nowadays it's way more personal we can easily list people who get flamed on daily basis no need to give examples really.

The rules/mindset about flames are a very grey area aswell. It seems like most of the league has no problem with comparing pliskin to a whale or stating lucy is a man, which obviously pisses them off or possibly hurts their feelings. However saying "Torp I hope your father dies in a car accident" is below the belt? The 'your mum' jokes were used plenty in UTA but saying it to Mc/twnz might get you banned (in utapug) as their mother is dead (?) and Mc owns #utapug, but making a 'your mum' joke to me goes unpunished?

Do not get me wrong, I wouldnt say either of these things. Still, going by your argument it would be perfectly fine if I did on daily basis and it would only want you to win pugs versus me more?

I am not buying that. Obviously these flames ruin the atmosphere and joy of playing. Some minor flames in the heat of the moment (close matches or whatsoever) are perfectly fine, but the verbal abuse in #utapug/UTA is just crap if you ask me.

As for pitbull's case, I agree with Nephilim.
This has got to be the single most spot-on post in this entire thread. This sums it all up from my pov imo! Thanks Raft :p:

Also, I cannot help the 'urmum' comments, but I can't remember ever getting a ban from Mc because of some urmum comments even though he's told me numerous times I'm childish and that it's a stupid joke (and I couldn't agree more :D)

What I think is wrong that Pitbull is also banned from mc's server (is it mc's server still? :P)
Mc doesnt agree with the length of the ban, so mc can say when or how pitbull can play on his server, or am I wrong in this view?

I don't think age has anything to do with it Mush, you just outgrew the game. You play XBox Live now right? Or up until lately playing a lot of BF2?

Pogo please don't deny being the biggest wind-up merchant going. You poke every1 with a big FLAME ME stick and then complain about it here when you are flamed.

Now can we get some admins for the pug server who are able to use UTDC properly plx???

What exactly are we supposed to be using incorrectly?

to xb: how will pitbull be able to play a pug with an suspended league account? only by allowing mercs.

If anyone enables mercs for a banned user then they are going to get banned as well, im fully aware of that exploit and told Pitbull as much

What I think is wrong that Pitbull is also banned from mc's server (is it mc's server still? :P)
Mc doesnt agree with the length of the ban, so mc can say when or how pitbull can play on his server, or am I wrong in this view?

You are wrong, 1 its my server, 2 I havent banned him from the server

The reduced ban for pug is my doing, the IP didnt match 100% although it was very unlikely to be anyone else I prefer to be at least 99.9% sure, however after speaking to Ulv I told him to speak to Pitbull. If he owned up to using the cheat then I'd reduce the ban for pug only, Pitbull wasnt aware of this beforehand.
I check all league servers when someone is caught cheating on my servers to see if its an isolated case, matches, public mode, private practices etc. It wont affect the outcome of a league ban which is fixed at 6months for first offence but what I do on my server is ultimately my choice.

I don't think age has anything to do with it Mush, you just outgrew the game. You play XBox Live now right? Or up until lately playing a lot of BF2?

Pogo please don't deny being the biggest wind-up merchant going. You poke every1 with a big FLAME ME stick and then complain about it here when you are flamed.

Ok, so being on the internet is just an excuse for adults to act like morons? Don't tell me the people mentioned don't get their own way in real life they start shouting, swearing and wishing people dead? Yes I'm aware this is the internet, but I'm also aware that most people are older than 22, so if you're going to act like a moron, I'm going to talk to you like one.

I don't have an xbox, and haven't played BF2142 since being at uni. Though I might have a dabble if I can get my PC working this Christmas :P

Mush you are right about how people treat each other. Some of the comments do go way OTT. This is only a few people though and MyM often handles it. Majority of the flames are based on attitude towards the game though. Like I said, I am guilty as anyone in that sense but you see any competitive environment and backchat happens, be that football or a regular job where numerous people are vying for a promotion.

I repeat, I do not condone personal attacks on peoples lives, especially over the nets!!!!

Mush you are right about how people treat each other. Some of the comments do go way OTT. This is only a few people though and MyM often handles it. Majority of the flames are based on attitude towards the game though. Like I said, I am guilty as anyone in that sense but you see any competitive environment and backchat happens, be that football or a regular job where numerous people are vying for a promotion.

I repeat, I do not condone personal attacks on peoples lives, especially over the nets!!!!

Yes lets all live our lives like footballers :P Oh no because if you did that outside you would get arrested.

I kind of know what you are trying to get at, but some people are just gimps for the sake of being gimps who don't have the confidence to be a gimp in the real world.

Is it me or is the word gimp sounding good today.

What a nonsense.

It's true there was a lot of flaming in 2003/04 but it was in no way close as to how it is now. Most flames were match related, especially without the auth system and the merc abusing (think nWo.) and so on, or some clans being lame and not sitting when they agreed on doing so etc.

Nowadays it's way more personal we can easily list people who get flamed on daily basis no need to give examples really.

The rules/mindset about flames are a very grey area aswell. It seems like most of the league has no problem with comparing pliskin to a whale or stating lucy is a man, which obviously pisses them off or possibly hurts their feelings. However saying "Torp I hope your father dies in a car accident" is below the belt? The 'your mum' jokes were used plenty in UTA but saying it to Mc/twnz might get you banned (in utapug) as their mother is dead (?) and Mc owns #utapug, but making a 'your mum' joke to me goes unpunished?

Do not get me wrong, I wouldnt say either of these things. Still, going by your argument it would be perfectly fine if I did on daily basis and it would only want you to win pugs versus me more?

I am not buying that. Obviously these flames ruin the atmosphere and joy of playing. Some minor flames in the heat of the moment (close matches or whatsoever) are perfectly fine, but the verbal abuse in #utapug/UTA is just crap if you ask me.

As for pitbull's case, I agree with Nephilim.

I agree with raft and pogo,

people think they can do anything on the web just becuz they aren't in front of otherz IRL

botters should get banned ! if u wanna try a new cheating pgm, ask the admin to help u test it or do it offline

I'm sick of the same ppl whining all the time, no need to point fingers we all know who they are.

i really think u can have a good game and being nice at the same time, the "flames are the reasons the people are still puggin/playin ut" argument is just zzzz

Flaming in all forms is just wrong imo... it's just a way to cover the fact that you lose or lost control over the argument/situation.

People who flame a lot are just not capable to handle the situation in a polite, constructive or friendly way.

it's the same when people use screaming, or treating with physical violence IRL, it's just to intimidate and it is mostly used if you can't think of anything constructive.

Surely people are going to disagree here. But im interested who these people are:rolleyes:

the reason why ppl are still playing this game are the good games aka GGs and not the flames.

Finishing maps seconds before ending and killing ppl in air or whatever..lucky shots, who makes you win the maps/match..thats UT AS ffs and the reason why ppl love it